Game of Thrones (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:30:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Game of Thrones (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 16080 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« on: April 14, 2014, 02:53:07 AM »

'bout f[inks]ing time.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 01:04:49 PM »

I believe that is the case.  Tommen is the boy's name and the new actor playing him looks a LOT like the kid that played Joffrey.

edit-but Tommen is too young so Cersi will be in charge again.

Actually Tywin would be in charge. He's the Hand of the King, and unlike with Tyrion she can't really maintain any semblance of real power so long as he's in control.

Cersei was the Queen Regent throughout Joffrey's reign, meaning that she was effectively the monarch until Joffrey's wedding graduated him into adulthood.  This development makes her the Queen Regent again.

But yes, Tywin is still very much the actual power.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 01:31:14 PM »

Does anybody else feel like Jaime Lannister is being made into a more sympathetic character?  I'm not sure if losing his hand and his travels with Brienne were meant to actually improve him as a person, but some of us will never forget that he pushed Bran Stark out of a window.  Angry
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 01:36:56 AM »

It seemed like Oberyn Martell and Loras Tyrell were in on it for sure.

It just looked to me like they were checking each other out.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 08:08:49 PM »

Neither do I.  I have to watch it a few hours after the broadcast.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2014, 07:56:41 PM »

Neither do I.  I have to watch it a few hours after the broadcast.

Huh? Where? Huh

Or do you have a friend that pirates? Wink

I download it myself.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2014, 02:40:34 AM »

Yeah, I take this back:

Does anybody else feel like Jaime Lannister is being made into a more sympathetic character?  I'm not sure if losing his hand and his travels with Brienne were meant to actually improve him as a person, but some of us will never forget that he pushed Bran Stark out of a window.  Angry
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2014, 11:45:24 AM »

Wait, so Daenerys is putting off her conquest of Westeros indefinitely?  Ugh, that storyline just seems like it's going nowhere (though of course it's fairly clear that her story is vital to however this series concludes).

And, interesting play from Cersei re: Margaery and Oberyn.  Wonder what she's up to, unless it's just to rebuild bridges instead of being a spiteful bitch all the time.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2014, 04:20:23 PM »

Episode spoilers: So did the Mountain die at the end?  Oberyn did get him pretty good beforehand, and he did kind of collapse right at the end.

Also, the opening credits map is kind of bothering me.  I don't understand why Winterfell is still on there, but they neglect to include the Eyrie (which was featured on the map in the first season) for the past two episodes.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2014, 01:25:01 AM »

Episode spoilers: So did the Mountain die at the end?  Oberyn did get him pretty good beforehand, and he did kind of collapse right at the end.
Well they declared the Mountain the winner, so that should answer that question.

No, it doesn't really answer my question.  But I guess I don't really want to know the answer yet either.  Smiley

Also, the opening credits map is kind of bothering me.  I don't understand why Winterfell is still on there, but they neglect to include the Eyrie (which was featured on the map in the first season) for the past two episodes.
Maybe they just don't feel like spending the money on it.

That doesn't make sense.  This show has one of the biggest budgets of any show currently on TV.  And besides, like I said, they've already shown the Eyrie in the opening credits already, so the animation already exists...   Not a big deal obviously, just a pet peeve.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2014, 02:06:09 AM »

When was the last time a whole episode was devoted to a single plotline/location?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2014, 03:07:41 PM »

The part where so-and-so died in the last episode was unusually touchy-feely.

They made her last words be her catchphrase?!  That was a little poorly thought out.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2014, 09:10:56 PM »

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2014, 01:02:49 AM »

I'll just leave this here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oVfIFrpslI
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length