Game of Thrones (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:09:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Game of Thrones (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 16136 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: April 14, 2014, 07:37:09 AM »

Did Sansa go with the drunk ex-knight?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 08:33:33 AM »

I believe that is the case.  Tommen is the boy's name and the new actor playing him looks a LOT like the kid that played Joffrey.

edit-but Tommen is too young so Cersi will be in charge again.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 09:38:18 AM »

Ok, who actually did the killing?  We have:
Margaery-had access to the carafe of wine right before the symptoms start

Olenna-same as above, likely working together if either did it.  Also seems to have taken a jewel off of Sansa's necklace that was given to her by.....

Dontos (the drunk ex-knight)-gave Sansa the necklace, insisted she wear it often especially to "special" occasioans.  Then attempted to get Sansa to flee with him afterwords.

Sansa-she certainly has the motive

Tyrian-he certainly has the motive and had access

Cersei-she always goes off on how much she lover her children, but she, like everybody else, was getting sick of Joffrey's shenanigans.  Maybe she thinks Tommen will be a better King (for her to mold).  She did send possibly the only person that could have helped Joffrey (Grand Maester Pycelle) away right before the murder.

Tywin-he could have done it to protect the family name.  He too was sick of Joffrey's sh**t
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 02:12:16 PM »

I find Jamie very sympathetic at this point and I'm kind of hoping him and Bronn have some adventures together before we're done.  Bronn's going to need some help if Tyrion is in jail.

I just learned something nifty and weird....no character has been in every episode.  I suppose not shocking, but hopefully interesting to somebody besides me.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 02:37:43 AM »

Seriously?  People still think this about the internet?  Good Og it's hard to fight ignorance.

And even if you DID have FoS on this website (you don't) you'd still be a dick for spoiling the show.

(on the other hand, it wasn't made clear this was a no spoilers thread...but following the thread should have shown that to be the case)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 06:23:12 AM »

Is that a question?

Here's one back for ya, are you on ignore now?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2014, 08:31:33 AM »

I don't know how the mods feel about this so feel free to delete, but perhaps here?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2014, 05:58:58 PM »

She may, MAY, have been into it by the end, but she certainly wasn't at the start.  Just icky.

And Sam taking Jilly out of a bad situation where at least he was there, to a worse situation where he isn't even around.  Idiot.  That actually pissed me off more than the Jamie rape.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2014, 06:28:30 AM »

Interactive map of Westeros
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2014, 12:04:40 PM »

I haven't read the books, but I knew how the books did the fight so I kind of knew what to expect going in.  The wife didn't know why I was so wanting the Viper to just end it and stop trying to get confessions.  Or, chuck the spear right through Tywin's stupid face.  He did neither and we got what we got.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2014, 04:13:48 PM »

I'm not happy they whitewashed the Tyrion-Jamie interaction.  Still a phenomenal scene though.  Does anyone else think it was perfect that this episode aired on father's day?
I mentioned that to the wife between the first and second bolt.

Several ....points...issues...whatever:
1.What happened after Arya laughed after learning of her aunts death.  Her cousin was still there even if the guards don't know about Sansa being there.  Do they not trust the rest of the people of House Arryn?
2.How did Stannis get 2000+ calvary north of the wall without the wildlings knowing?  Do they not have gaurds/scouts?  A 100,000 man army?  Sure it came out of left field and they couldn't have possibly known it was coming, but still...that's a lot of dudes on horses to totally not see encircling your position..
3.Is anybody else pissed Arya didn't "help" the Hound?  WTF girl?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2014, 11:52:56 PM »

Ok, just watched the last ep again and had a thought.  What's the deal with the coin the faceless killing machine gave Arya and then she gave to the boat captain?  Is it just "money" to the people of Bravos?  A talisman of some kind?  Do only the faceless killing machines carry them?  Is there just one?  Probably not, so how many?  Dozens?  Hundreds?  Are they "one free favor" tokens?  "one way trip home" tickets?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2014, 11:47:18 PM »

And there are other Lannisters about....Tywin had a younger (i think) brother...Kevan or something that was around on occasion.  And there are others too.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2018, 03:30:04 PM »

King's Landing hunkers down, tries, briefly, to defend itself.  All the Lannisters in KL are killed.  Kelvin bends the knee.  So do all the other Houses.  They all march north to the Wall....

that's my dumb guy guess
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2018, 05:19:08 PM »

Bump ... been watching a lot of YouTube videos about Season 8 on my lunch breaks, and it seems to be widely predicted that the gang will defeat the White Walkers and then turn to Cersei down south.  We know that the director who does the big battle scenes is in charge of episodes 3 and 5, so everyone figures those will be the big battles.  I have also heard people speculate that if the Night King's army got past Winterfell, they'd simply be too numerous to defeat, so Jon and Dany will probably win the battle against the White Walkers at Winterfell and then head south to deal with Cersei.
makes sense
You must be logged in to read this quote.
but "what a twist!".  I'm one of those people where plot doesn't really matter (well, to a point) once I've fallen in love with the characters.  As long as the acting and dialogue stay top notch, I wouldn't really care if the plot and effects were slightly below average.  Not bad, that would be unacceptable.  Like if aliens were to show up or Deus ex machina sh**t starts happening 5 times an episode.  I'd watch an hour of the Hound, Bronn, Arya and the Imp eating lunch and be sad when it was over.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
I hadn't ever thought of that, but yeah, clearly they are not all Caster's kids.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies