In what decade were your parents born? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:01:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  In what decade were your parents born? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: In what decade were your parents born?
1930s or earlier

1940s

1950s

1960s

1970s

1980s or later

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 92

Author Topic: In what decade were your parents born?  (Read 2633 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: April 14, 2014, 11:29:55 PM »
« edited: April 14, 2014, 11:40:36 PM by Torie »

What do you think vis a vis this old fossil? And my Dad sired me at age 45, so he was born in 1906. I doubt anyone on the Forum has a father born earlier. Smiley My trophy second wife mother, his second marriage, after his first wife died after wasting away for 10 years in a tuberculosis sanatorium (whom he visited most days over those 10 years (and had no sex over that period as a virile young man), and to pass the time, they wrote True Confessions stories together which were published in that Mag to pass the time), was born in 1920. I think my Dad was close to the most amazing man on Earth really. I have never meant anyone else remotely like him, and certainly no one more estimable (he is still my functional equivalent of a personal God), ever.

And then about the time I was born, my mother got a rare eye disease, the slowly blinded her over the ensuing 15 years, such that she could not read. Tough cards my Dad was dealt. He dealt with it all with courage and honor and loyalty. Thus he for those reasons, among so many others,  is God to me. All I can do is endeavor to get closer to his high standards of personal conduct, before I hit the bucket, and revert to dust, and am forgotten.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 11:37:59 PM »

What do you think vis a vis this old fossil? And my Dad sired me at age 45, so he was born in 1906. I doubt anyone on the Forum has a father born earlier. Smiley My trophy second wife mother, his second marriage, after his first wife died after wasting away for 10 years in a tuberculosis sanatorium (whom he visited most days over those 10 years (and had no sex over that period as a virile young man), and to pass the time, they wrote True Confessions stories together which were published in that Mag to pass the time), was born in 1920. I think my Dad was close to the most amazing man on Earth really. I have never meant anyone else remotely like him, and certainly no one more estimable (he is still my functional equivalent of a personal God), ever.
Torie... I feel the same about my father even though I never got the chance to meet him

Tell your story, Clarence. Fantastic parents, fantastic human beings, deserve mention of their stories!
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 11:42:49 PM »

Torie... I feel the same about my father even though I never got the chance to meet him

Tell your story, Clarence. Fantastic parents, fantastic human beings, deserve mention of their stories!
I call him Clarence- pronounced "Big Clarence" while I spell my name with a lower case in honor of him... he was a sailor and a hero who died fighting for me at Guadalcanal

Wow. That is all I can say.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies