Authorities say hate motivated Kansas shooting
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:10:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Authorities say hate motivated Kansas shooting
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Authorities say hate motivated Kansas shooting  (Read 3755 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 14, 2014, 04:49:14 PM »

I'm surprised the forum hasn't been talking about this.

We really need to start evaluating what we keep as states.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 04:51:30 PM »

What does this mean?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 04:52:34 PM »

Isn't it a little hateful to write off the people of Kansas because of one shooting?

The really interesting aspect of this story is that the gunman was not some random follower-he was a leader. He ran for office several times and was on the Howard Stern Show in the past.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 04:54:16 PM »

Well, the shooter was actually from Missouri.  And while it's pretty obvious his plan was to kill Jews, he ended up killing two Methodists and a Catholic.
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 04:58:04 PM »

I'm surprised the forum hasn't been talking about this.

Typical atlas loser bigotry.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 04:59:30 PM »

He was a Paulite/Buchananite paleocon with a visceral hatred of anyone who was not a white Christian.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 05:00:09 PM »

Disgusting
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2014, 05:01:25 PM »

Oh, for God's sake.  It was a joke.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2014, 05:01:56 PM »

I was referring to the shooter
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2014, 05:02:40 PM »

That post wasn't directed at you.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2014, 05:03:27 PM »

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2014, 05:09:05 PM »
« Edited: April 14, 2014, 05:13:36 PM by ChairmanSanchez »

He was a Paulite/Buchananite paleocon with a visceral hatred of anyone who was not a white Christian.

Is it really necessary to mention Paulite/Buchananites/paleocons in that post? The guy who shot Gabby Giffords was a leftist, but that has nothing to do with his insanity. These types of post really don't create the climate of harmony needed to counter act such incidents as what happened in Kansas.

Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2014, 05:18:22 PM »

Is it really necessary to mention Paulite/Buchananites/paleocons in that post? The guy who shot Gabby Giffords was a leftist, but that has nothing to do with his insanity. These types of post really don't create the climate of harmony needed to counter act such incidents as what happened in Kansas.

I think it's pretty obvious that his political leanings went hand-in-hand with his odious racial views. I'm not implying that all Ron Paul or Pat Buchanan supporters are hate criminals or murderers. But someone who shoots up a Jewish community center and talks about "mud people" is not going to be a modern Democrat or a pro-immigration reform Jeb Bush Republican.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2014, 05:20:45 PM »

I think it's pretty obvious that his political leanings went hand-in-hand with his odious racial views. I'm not implying that all Ron Paul or Pat Buchanan supporters are hate criminals or murderers. But someone who shoots up a Jewish community center and talks about "mud people" is not going to be a modern Democrat or a pro-immigration reform Jeb Bush Republican.
Don't get me wrong, the Paleocon movement has its dark corners, and my own year long foray into white nationalism was influenced by those elements. But I felt it distasteful to label the shooter as such, and it is clear that his racial views influenced his political views more than his political views influenced his racial views.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2014, 05:24:31 PM »

Sure, but you're going out of your way to throw mud and tar the reputation of a political ideology.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2014, 05:25:34 PM »

We don't need a "climate of harmony", but police and government violenty tackling the racist groups.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2014, 05:25:55 PM »

Don't get me wrong, the Paleocon movement has its dark corners, and my own year long foray into white nationalism was influenced by those elements. But I felt it distasteful to label the shooter as such, and it is clear that his racial views influenced his political views more than his political views influenced his racial views.

All I said was that he was a Paulite/Buchananite paleocon with a visceral hatred of anyone who isn't a white Christian. I didn't say he has a visceral hatred of non-white non-Christians because he is a Paulite/Buchananite paleocon.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2014, 05:30:07 PM »

Sure, but you're going out of your way to throw mud and tar the reputation of a political ideology.

Ron Paul is a little more complicated. (I bet he's an anti-Semite though)

But, Pat Buchanan is a rabid anti-Semite who admires Adolf Hitler.  There's certainly an association between hating Jews and being a Nazi sympathizer and committing violent hate crimes. 
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2014, 05:30:48 PM »

We don't need a "climate of harmony", but police and government violenty tackling the racist groups.
That still has nothing to do with the bashing of a political ideology over one incident.

You clearly do not know the consequences of a violent response to hate groups. This was a lone-wolf terrorist attack. If you go after large, unaffiliated hate groups, you’re only going to stir up more problems. These people are armed to the teeth, and they are complete psychopaths. Taking down an unrelated group because of this incident will turn this man into a martyr, which is the opposite of what he is right now in the neo-Nazi community (they are laughing at him, plus he has a reputation as a snitch).

Just like the United States did not go after Chechen groups after the Boston bombing (ignore the fact that it was diplomatically impossible, being part of Russia), so should we not be “violently” seeking retribution for one minor shooting. It will literally open a Pandora’s box.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2014, 05:31:56 PM »

But, Pat Buchanan is a rabid anti-Semite who admires Adolf Hitler.  There's certainly an association between hating Jews and being a Nazi sympathizer and committing violent hate crimes. 
Supporting non interventionism in World War II is NOT admiring Hitler. And your psychoanalyzing of Ron Paul was cute.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2014, 05:39:08 PM »

Supporting non interventionism in World War II is NOT admiring Hitler. And your psychoanalyzing of Ron Paul was cute.

Well, Pat Buchanan both admires Hitler and thinks we should have capitulated to Hitler during WWII.  I wonder why.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2014, 05:43:20 PM »
« Edited: April 14, 2014, 05:48:03 PM by ChairmanSanchez »

But, Pat Buchanan is a rabid anti-Semite who admires Adolf Hitler.  There's certainly an association between hating Jews and being a Nazi sympathizer and committing violent hate crimes.  

Well, Pat Buchanan both admires Hitler and thinks we should have capitulated to Hitler during WWII.  I wonder why.

This is from the ADL's own file on Buchanan.

Quote from: Restricted

Hitler was a leader. An evil, sociopathic leader who had "courage", what ever Buchanan intends that to mean. I could argue that he had "balls" by taking on Russia, but it seems pretty clear to me that Buchanan is defending the man.

I retract my defense of Buchanan.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2014, 05:54:01 PM »

Hitler was a leader. An evil, sociopathic leader who had "courage", what ever Buchanan intends that to mean. I could argue that he had "balls" by taking on Russia, but it seems pretty clear to me that Buchanan is defending the man.

I retract my defense of Buchanan.

Pat Buchanan is not a Nazi-supporter or someone who supports genocide, slavery or human experiments, etc.  I'll admit that myself.  I just said Buchanan is an admirer of Hitler which is illustrated by your quote. 

I also have to believe that someone who is willing to say someone that admiring of Hitler in print and is a general racist twit in public has private beliefs that go into the territory of outright insane.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2014, 06:30:42 PM »

I admire ChairmanSanchez's ability to see his errors... a quality far too few of us have!
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2014, 06:44:27 PM »

That still has nothing to do with the bashing of a political ideology over one incident.

You clearly do not know the consequences of a violent response to hate groups. This was a lone-wolf terrorist attack. If you go after large, unaffiliated hate groups, you’re only going to stir up more problems. These people are armed to the teeth, and they are complete psychopaths.

Hence why we should attack them first, instead of waiting than they choose their moment and their battlefield.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies