Authorities say hate motivated Kansas shooting
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:43:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Authorities say hate motivated Kansas shooting
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Authorities say hate motivated Kansas shooting  (Read 3772 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2014, 06:54:22 PM »

He was a Paulite/Buchananite paleocon with a visceral hatred of anyone who was not a white Christian.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Is it really necessary to mention Paulite/Buchananites/paleocons in that post? The guy who shot Gabby Giffords was a leftist, but that has nothing to do with his insanity. These types of post really don't create the climate of harmony needed to counter act such incidents as what happened in Kansas.

We don't need a "climate of harmony", but police and government violenty tackling the racist groups.
That still has nothing to do with the bashing of a political ideology over one incident.

You clearly do not know the consequences of a violent response to hate groups. This was a lone-wolf terrorist attack. If you go after large, unaffiliated hate groups, you’re only going to stir up more problems. These people are armed to the teeth, and they are complete psychopaths.

Hence why we should attack them first, instead of waiting than they choose their moment and their battlefield.

Then, at the victory celebration, you can hang a nice, awesome banner that reads
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2014, 06:59:09 PM »

He was a Paulite/Buchananite paleocon with a visceral hatred of anyone who was not a white Christian.

Is it really necessary to mention Paulite/Buchananites/paleocons in that post? The guy who shot Gabby Giffords was a leftist, but that has nothing to do with his insanity. These types of post really don't create the climate of harmony needed to counter act such incidents as what happened in Kansas.

We don't need a "climate of harmony", but police and government violenty tackling the racist groups.
That still has nothing to do with the bashing of a political ideology over one incident.

You clearly do not know the consequences of a violent response to hate groups. This was a lone-wolf terrorist attack. If you go after large, unaffiliated hate groups, you’re only going to stir up more problems. These people are armed to the teeth, and they are complete psychopaths.

Hence why we should attack them first, instead of waiting than they choose their moment and their battlefield.

Then, at the victory celebration, you can hang a nice, awesome banner that reads

That would be silly and dangerous provokation.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2014, 08:23:15 PM »

That would be silly and dangerous provokation.
Keep in mind, Waco resulted in Oklahoma City. Doing nothing for twenty years since Oklahoma City has resulted in two minor incidents that are just as much based around the insanity of the attackers as it is around their hate. I can't some people think waging a full scale internal war on terror is an actually good idea. The FBI has prevented several incidents like this in the past and will do so in the future without the need of a "violent" response.

Keep in mind, I flirted with the fringe of this ideology once. I lurked Stormfront from time to time (though never desired to join that community) and have a good idea how most of these people think. Their paranoid nutjobs who want a war with the federal government, but are too afraid to start it.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2014, 09:09:30 AM »

Hmmmm.  I thought blowing people away was a hateful act without needing some special investigation into it.

Oh that's right, murder isn't a hate crime unless the FBI says it is.  Roll Eyes
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2014, 10:33:24 AM »

Hate? No sh*t. But it's not labeled terrorism, because it's a white guy who did it.

Erm, plenty of white people and predominately white groups have been labeled terrorists before. The State Department proscribed all paramilitary organizations in Northern Ireland, as well as groups like the Red Army Faction, and domestically you had the Weather Underground and various neo-Nazi groups like The Order. Timothy McVeigh was also labeled a terrorist.

The reason this wasn't an action of terrorism is because it was the work of a lone wolf, not an organization, and the legal definition of terrorism applies only to organizations.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2014, 03:15:30 PM »

Hate? No sh*t. But it's not labeled terrorism, because it's a white guy who did it.

Erm, plenty of white people and predominately white groups have been labeled terrorists before. The State Department proscribed all paramilitary organizations in Northern Ireland, as well as groups like the Red Army Faction, and domestically you had the Weather Underground and various neo-Nazi groups like The Order. Timothy McVeigh was also labeled a terrorist.

The reason this wasn't an action of terrorism is because it was the work of a lone wolf, not an organization, and the legal definition of terrorism applies only to organizations.
Haven't the Tsarnaev brothers been charged with terrorism, or am I mistaken?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2014, 03:45:04 PM »

I think the good ole weapons of mass destruction, murder, and 100 other charges to ensure he dies, but I don't think "terrorism". 
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2014, 04:34:04 PM »

Well "terrorism" isn't really a crime, rather it's a pattern in regards to people who commit crimes. Whether the Tsarnaevs classify as "terrorists" is kind of up for debate, but they did work together even if only between the two of them, so that part is cleared. So the definition instead depends on if you want to argue they weren't part of a larger group dedicated to terrorist actions. But by that standard McVeigh and Terry Nichols weren't terrorists either.

But the main point remains, this guy was a lone wolf killer, which is by definition not terrorism, and race has absolutely nothing to do with it.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2014, 05:11:32 PM »

I think it's pretty obvious that his political leanings went hand-in-hand with his odious racial views. I'm not implying that all Ron Paul or Pat Buchanan supporters are hate criminals or murderers. But someone who shoots up a Jewish community center and talks about "mud people" is not going to be a modern Democrat or a pro-immigration reform Jeb Bush Republican.
Don't get me wrong, the Paleocon movement has its dark corners, and my own year long foray into white nationalism was influenced by those elements. But I felt it distasteful to label the shooter as such, and it is clear that his racial views influenced his political views more than his political views influenced his racial views.
thanks for reminding us
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2014, 05:34:16 PM »

Does it really matter what motivated him?  Multiple premeditated murders pretty much should be a capital crime if you believe in the death penalty and life without parole if you don't.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2014, 05:56:02 PM »

Does it really matter what motivated him?  Multiple premeditated murders pretty much should be a capital crime if you believe in the death penalty and life without parole if you don't.

I don't think this is a difficult case for the prosecutor.  But, the logic of hate crime law is that there's something more anti-social and depraved about killing someone because of the race, religion, ethnicity, etc versus killing someone over a disagreement or a personal matter.

I think it matters because race-based violence/terrorism is something beyond just a mere murder.  It's an assault on a group of people and the cosmopolitan multi-ethnic community we live in. 
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2014, 07:57:05 PM »

Attacks on people for real or imagined race, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation tear at the very fabric of a civil society.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2014, 08:57:53 PM »

I think it's pretty obvious that his political leanings went hand-in-hand with his odious racial views. I'm not implying that all Ron Paul or Pat Buchanan supporters are hate criminals or murderers. But someone who shoots up a Jewish community center and talks about "mud people" is not going to be a modern Democrat or a pro-immigration reform Jeb Bush Republican.
Don't get me wrong, the Paleocon movement has its dark corners, and my own year long foray into white nationalism was influenced by those elements. But I felt it distasteful to label the shooter as such, and it is clear that his racial views influenced his political views more than his political views influenced his racial views.
thanks for reminding us
Might as well jump off the bridge before I am pushed off it. That being said, I feel my past experience is highly relevant in this debate. More so than usual; it is quite hard to truly grasp how ignorant, angry and hateful dumbasses like my former self really are.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies