Chelsea Clinton (now) open to running for office
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:00:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Chelsea Clinton (now) open to running for office
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Chelsea Clinton (now) open to running for office  (Read 4283 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2014, 08:59:36 PM »

She'd do more good by running for a Senate seat in Arkansas in 2016 or 2020.
Or Governor, for that matter. Beebe has been extremely popular, so if Asa Hutchinson wins, she might have a shot in 2018.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2014, 09:04:35 PM »

Politics is the only job where people get mad if you want to follow in your parent's footsteps.

If she wants to run, let her run. Unless you live in NYC, you'll probably never even vote for her anyway.
She has a "right" to run. And I have a right to publically state that her mother, father, and all of their inner circle are horrible people who aren’t worthy to lick the dogsh*t off of Charlie Manson’s shoe.

Oh, I wasn't aware you knew them... please continue.
Yeah, I know the Clintons quite well. But I'd like to know what your personal relationship with all the guys whom you declared Freedom Fighters and Horrible People in the last few years. How interesting was Abraham Lincoln to talk too? Was Robert Byrd a good fiddler?

What do you think of Dick Cheney for that matter?

I rarely engage in personal politics or refer to people who I don't know as good or bad people. Their policies and agendas? Absolutely.

... grow up.
I'm one of about three thousand posters who should grow up, so your just wasting your time lecturing one on why character suddenly doesn't matter in politics.

Perception isn't reality, but that doesn't mean I am wrong to suspect the Clintons of being horrible people. A good example of somebody who I thought was a scumbag and turned out to be one is John Edwards.

You were the one who made the melodramatic statement, so I'm responding to that.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2014, 09:11:44 PM »

Politics is the only job where people get mad if you want to follow in your parent's footsteps.

If she wants to run, let her run. Unless you live in NYC, you'll probably never even vote for her anyway.
She has a "right" to run. And I have a right to publically state that her mother, father, and all of their inner circle are horrible people who aren’t worthy to lick the dogsh*t off of Charlie Manson’s shoe.

Yeah, I know the Clintons quite well. But I'd like to know what your personal relationship with all the guys whom you declared Freedom Fighters and Horrible People in the last few years. How interesting was Abraham Lincoln to talk too? Was Robert Byrd a good fiddler?

I rarely engage in personal politics or refer to people who I don't know as good or bad people. Their policies and agendas? Absolutely.

... grow up.
I'm one of about three thousand posters who should grow up, so your just wasting your time lecturing one on why character suddenly doesn't matter in politics.

Perception isn't reality, but that doesn't mean I am wrong to suspect the Clintons of being horrible people. A good example of somebody who I thought was a scumbag and turned out to be one is John Edwards.

You were the one who made the melodramatic statement, so I'm responding to that.
I think this forum has much more pressing concerns to discuss than your thoughts on my admittedly melodramatic but true statement on the Clintons.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2014, 09:14:53 PM »

... grow up.

I think this forum has much more pressing concerns to discuss than your thoughts on my admittedly melodramatic but true statement on the Clintons.

You're correct.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2014, 09:15:22 PM »

I don't think she's as conservative as her parents, so maybe her launching a political career wouldn't be the worst thing.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2014, 09:17:34 PM »

Oh I have no problem with those who want to follow in their relative's footsteps... If they're qualified. And if their relative hasn't been over-hyped for the last decade or so. I'm sure Chelsea Clinton is a perfectly nice person, but until this Hillary Clinton hype dies down, I'm sick of anyone with the name Clinton (and Bush, and etc. Kennedy is not so bad because Joe Kennedy III is keeping his head down for now).

True, a lot of politicians are nowhere as good as their father (Evan Bayh, Andrew Cuomo, George W Bush), but some are at least as good (Jerry Brown, John Quincy Adams).
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2014, 10:51:20 PM »

I don't think she's as conservative as her parents, so maybe her launching a political career wouldn't be the worst thing.
I know literally nothing about her politics
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2014, 11:03:07 PM »
« Edited: April 15, 2014, 11:06:15 PM by ○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└ »

I know literally nothing about her politics

Someone I know who met her said she's definitely more liberal. However, this was like 13 years ago.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2014, 11:48:50 PM »

Oh I have no problem with those who want to follow in their relative's footsteps... If they're qualified. And if their relative hasn't been over-hyped for the last decade or so. I'm sure Chelsea Clinton is a perfectly nice person, but until this Hillary Clinton hype dies down, I'm sick of anyone with the name Clinton (and Bush, and etc. Kennedy is not so bad because Joe Kennedy III is keeping his head down for now).

True, a lot of politicians are nowhere as good as their father (Evan Bayh, Andrew Cuomo, George W Bush), but some are at least as good (Jerry Brown, John Quincy Adams).

I would argue that Quincy Adams was better than his dad, to be honest. And Benjamin Harrison was probably better than his granddad.
Mordecai
Australia

« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2014, 12:36:39 AM »

RIP Chuck Schumer
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2014, 07:42:50 AM »

Anyone who can take Schumer out of the senate is okay in my book
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2014, 07:56:30 AM »

Princess Chelsea, anyone?
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2014, 09:17:41 AM »

Ooooh.

Okay yes. I can get behind this if she primaries out Schumer. That could be the silver lining here.

Okay yeah, I'll admit that taking down Schumer would be worth having yet another Clinton in office. Especially if Chelsea Clinton is more liberal than her parents.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2014, 01:33:11 PM »

Hopefully if she does run she starts low and doesn't try to pull a Liz Cheney.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2014, 03:23:52 PM »

As much as I despise Liz Cheney, I don't think her desiring a Senate seat was what was awful. In fact, she has experience as Deputy Defense Secretary that makes her fairly qualified. It was her blatant carpetbagging and the fact the Senator she was trying to take down was a member of her own party that did her in. If Chelsea tried to take down Schumer (who is the worst member of the Senate, bar none), she will likely suffer the same fate. I'd advise her to try and run against Boozman down in Arkansas, if I was part of Hillaryland.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2014, 11:29:15 PM »

As much as I despise Liz Cheney, I don't think her desiring a Senate seat was what was awful. In fact, she has experience as Deputy Defense Secretary that makes her fairly qualified. It was her blatant carpetbagging and the fact the Senator she was trying to take down was a member of her own party that did her in. If Chelsea tried to take down Schumer (who is the worst member of the Senate, bar none), she will likely suffer the same fate. I'd advise her to try and run against Boozman down in Arkansas, if I was part of Hillaryland.

If she lives in New York now, wouldn't going back to Arkansas be carpetbagging as well?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2014, 08:02:15 AM »

Let's stop imagining that IF Chelsea ever tests the political waters it'll be in AR as opposed to someplace like NYC.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2014, 02:45:34 PM »

If she lives in New York now, wouldn't going back to Arkansas be carpetbagging as well?
She was born in Arkansas and grew up there. If she goes back now, and waits a few years, it could work. It could work in New York too, but I feel that New York has a lot of up and coming Democrats who have waited their turn.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2014, 03:26:38 PM »

On a related note:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2014, 03:35:30 PM »

CNN says, "Chelsea Clinton announces pregnancy."  For a second I thought it said, "Chelsea Clinton announces presidency."

That would've been awkward.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2014, 03:35:45 PM »

I'm tempted to crack a zombie joke, but in all seriousness, good for Chelsea.
FDRfan1985
Rookie

« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2014, 06:35:08 PM »

I have Chelsea Clinton, as the Majority Leader in the US House of Representatives in my alt history timeline that I'm currently working on.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2014, 08:51:15 PM »

I have Chelsea Clinton, as the Majority Leader in the US House of Representatives in my alt history timeline that I'm currently working on.
She becomes a Republican‽
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2014, 09:20:25 PM »

The stuff that the rabidly pro-life crowd said about this was pretty disgusting and tasteless.
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2014, 09:58:22 PM »

The stuff that the rabidly pro-life crowd said about this was pretty disgusting and tasteless.
Well you know, they aren't exactly what would be called...intelligent...but that's a conversation for another time.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies