WV-Gov: Manchin could run in '16 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:59:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  WV-Gov: Manchin could run in '16 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WV-Gov: Manchin could run in '16  (Read 2094 times)
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: April 15, 2014, 04:17:29 PM »

Tennant would be a good appointee if she does very well against Capito. If she barely looses to Capito, she can probably beat 90% of the WV-GOP especially with incumbency.

If not her, then maybe Carte Goodwin again.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 12:06:43 AM »

Ugh, I feel so bad for WV.  Trapped by a decrepit, corrupt, declining industry and their hack politicians.  About their only hope was for another Sen Byrd.  I guess their second best hope is a long population decline.
I dunno, Goodwin's cool, hopefully he runs in 2016.
Goodwin is still very young, but he was considered the most left wing member of the Senate during his tenure. I don't know what his future holds.

OT, but why do WV politicians always seem to have such hoity-toity names like Carte and Gaston and Jennings and Chapman? Especially considering the general population there seems more disposed to names like, say, Earl Ray.
Carte, Jennings, and Chapman all are/were common names just like Earl Ray. Take my own family from West Virginia for example. My great-grandfathers name was Tammy, my great-great grandfather's name was Hiram, and my uncle, grandpa, and great-grandpa from my other side of the family have or had Preston somewhere in their names. Likewise, my grandmother's mother was named Bertha and my grandfather's mother was named Velma.

IIRC, it is common in West Virginia to often name children using ancestral surnames.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies