Oklahoma Strips Cities of the Right to Pass Higher Wages, Sick Leave (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:36:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Oklahoma Strips Cities of the Right to Pass Higher Wages, Sick Leave (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Oklahoma Strips Cities of the Right to Pass Higher Wages, Sick Leave  (Read 3990 times)
Cassius
YaBB God

« on: April 15, 2014, 02:25:09 PM »

So you, an atheist (if I'm wrong on this my apologies) are commenting on how 'Christian' vetoing the ability of cities to raise minimum wages is, despite the fact that Fallin never mentioned Christianity when discussing this law, and, more to the point, no where in mainstream Christian teaching is the morality of the minimum wage discussed.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 04:20:17 PM »

So you, an atheist (if I'm wrong on this my apologies) are commenting on how 'Christian' vetoing the ability of cities to raise minimum wages is, despite the fact that Fallin never mentioned Christianity when discussing this law, and, more to the point, no where in mainstream Christian teaching is the morality of the minimum wage discussed.

But there is discussion of fair wages in the Bible.

There is discussion of wages in the Bible, and it says that free workers should be paid for their labours. But, I'm not quite sure how any of those passages can be used for (or indeed against) a minimum wage. Sure, they advocate paying the worker his dues, but on the other hand, who decides precisely what those 'dues' are. Is it in relation to how hard the worker has laboured (fairly difficult to define)? The quality of the work he has produced? The quantity? How is one to know what a 'fair wage' is. None of those passages really give any guidance. They establish the principle that workers should be paid for their labours, but they don't really go much further than that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies