FL: SUSA: Crist leading by 5 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:29:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  FL: SUSA: Crist leading by 5 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL: SUSA: Crist leading by 5  (Read 1001 times)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« on: April 20, 2014, 07:24:41 PM »

I still think Scott stands a decent shot here - he is going to have the financial advantage. Scott is also polling at only 71% with Republicans - once the attacks start on Crist I suspect most will come home to him. And in a "race to the bottom", I think he has a somewhat easy task at destroying Crist's favorably. I would not be surprised to see both under 40% on Election Day.

Financial advantage hasn't done him much good so far. I'd suspect there's a lot of Republicans who are privately backing Charlie - people like Mike Fasano and Paula Dockery come to mind - which could explain the numbers with Republicans. And Crist's favorabilities are a lot more resistant than you give credit for. This is Charlie Crist, after all. The man's the physical embodiment of sunshine. Personable, telegenic, and (as we saw with the Lopez-Cantera interview) funny (or, in other words, the opposite of Scott).
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 08:25:35 PM »

The Florida Democratic Party is terribly disorganized and has been loosing easily winnable races for years.
Is it all a problem with having few big donors?

A natural gerrymander amplified by Republican gerrymander leading to a lack of reason for big donors to donate to legislative Dems, a resulting lack of a bench (amplified by poor candidate recruitment), a resulting focus on winning big (federal) races rather than making a legislative bench, and, of course, poor management.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies