Dynasty: 2016 and On!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:24:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Dynasty: 2016 and On!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Dynasty: 2016 and On!  (Read 2622 times)
OnlyAlb
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 15, 2014, 07:33:47 PM »

The Revival of Lincoln's Party
By Maria Walsh
Copyright 2036

"The 2016 Presidential Election was a tumultuous one to say the least. For the first time since 1968, a Presidential contender was assassinated. Drawing parallels to the 1968 assassination, both victims came from prominent political families. 2016 also showed America that just because a candidate is polling well, it doesn't mean their win is guaranteed."

My Time: A Chelsea Clinton Autobiography
By Chelsea Clinton
Copyright 2042

"Speculation of my mother's plans for 2016 was non stopping. Everyone I talked to would ask me the same thing, is she running? At first she considered not to run, President's Obama approval rating had dropped after the disaster roll-out of Obamacare. For you youngsters, Obamacare is basically the rump version of our current healthcare system, KennedyCare. Once 2015 rolled around though, she made up her mind. My mother, Hillary Clinton was going to run for President, on the mission to become the first Female President in United States History".
OnlyAlb
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 07:36:11 PM »

This is my first timeline on this board. The timeline will switch between the present, which is 2015 in the timeline, and the "future."

There's a good chance that this timeline doesn't get completed. I have rough outline of where I want to take it.

By the way, how does one post pictures?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 07:37:13 PM »

KennedyCare? The Kennedy family's role in national politics is about as dead as JFK himself.
OnlyAlb
Rookie
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 07:40:47 PM »

KennedyCare? The Kennedy family's role in national politics is about as dead as JFK himself.

Comeback season. Without revealing to much, they come back into prominence.

KennedyCare is what the US healthcare system is called in the "Future."
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 07:59:19 PM »

Interesting TL, I hope you continue.
OnlyAlb
Rookie
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 08:04:51 PM »

Thanks
OnlyAlb
Rookie
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 10:29:32 PM »

November 21, 2014
Oval Office: A conversation between President Obama, Vice-President Joe Biden, and Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

Biden: Mr. President, what's the matter?

Obama: As you both know the election season is approaching, I want you both to tell me about your plans for 2016.

Clinton: You want to convince one of us not to run, is that what this is for? Listen, I might have lost to you in 08, but I'm not going to lose 2016. I will be the next President. As for Joe, he can join Mitch McConnell in retirement. 

Obama: Now Hillary (Cut Off)

Biden: (Cuts in) Listen, I'm no fool. I've seen the polls. I know I can't beat you. That doesn't mean I'm going to retire either. I want a cabinet position.

Hillary: Which one?

Biden: Secretary of State

Clinton: Fine, I'll still be the one calling the shots.

Obama: What about Kerry?

Clinton: I'll put him in Veteran Services or something. Keep him happy.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 11:09:55 PM »

Pretty intersting! Keep up the great work! Cheesy
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2014, 07:12:15 AM »

Looks great so far!
WillTheMormon
Rookie
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2014, 09:54:14 AM »

This is really good. Smiley
OnlyAlb
Rookie
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2014, 01:52:56 PM »

Thank you all ^
OnlyAlb
Rookie
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2014, 08:35:50 PM »

Iowa Republican Caucus Results:

1. Ted Cruz 25%
2. Rand Paul 21%
3. Bobby Jindal 17%
4. Rick Santorum 17%
5. Scott Walker 9%
6. Jeb Bush 7%
7. Rick Perry 5%

Background Information:

The Iowa Caucus was always a two man's race. Ted Cruz and Rand Paul were fighting it out. Rand Paul's strategy in the primaries banked on trying to get early wins in Iowa and New Hampshire. Paul hoped these wins would gain him the necessary momentum to win the nomination. Paul benefited from Internet fundraising, and like his father before him, he had huge money success. College Kids flocked to hear Paul speaking on how he would shut down Big Brother. Ted Cruz's strategy focused on winning Iowa and South Carolina.  Jeb Bush entered the race with controversy due to his last name. Bush's campaign stickers notable said "Jeb 2016" instead of "Bush 2016". Jeb's early campaigning focused with trying to convince voters that he's not the second coming of George W. Bush. Bush focused catapulting his guaranteed win in the Florida Primary to victories later on. Super Tuesday was the ultimate focus of Bush's strategy. Bobby Jindal and Scott Walker were running for name recognition and potential cabinet posts. Rick Santorum and Rick Perry were running because, it's Perry and Santorum. What does one expect?
OnlyAlb
Rookie
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2014, 08:37:27 PM »

I apologize for any spelling mistakes or grammatical errors one might come across while reading this timeline.

Next two updates will focus on 2014 midterm election results, and the results of the Iowa Democratic Caucus.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2014, 09:39:40 AM »

LOL Hillary is talking as if she was superior to Barack or Joe. Moreover, she doesn't show any respect for Kerry. Not even Frank Underwood works like this...
OnlyAlb
Rookie
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2014, 10:29:14 AM »

Yeah, I pushed it a bit, but I'm under the impression that in real life Hillary does have that fiery personality to her. House of cards did inspire me a bit to.
OnlyAlb
Rookie
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2014, 02:24:54 PM »

Key 2014 Senate Races:

In the Senate, Republicans a total of three seats. The balance of the Senate now remains 48-52 in favor of the Democrats. t Republican pickups where Alaska, Montana, Michigan, West Virginia, and South Dakota. The Democrats managed though to defeat Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell in Kentucky, and in Georgia, Michelle Nunn daughter of former Senator Sam Nunn, was elected Senator. Senator John Cornyn of Texas was chosen to replace Mitch McConnell as Senate Minority Leader. Senator John McCain of Arizona would become Senate Minority Whip.

Make Up of House:

In the House of Representatives, the Republicans gained a net of 5 seats. This put the house at 237 to 198 in favor for the Republicans.
OnlyAlb
Rookie
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2014, 02:25:59 PM »

Not sure of the House elections are completely accurate, I tend to follow Senate Races more closely then I do when it comes to House Races.
OnlyAlb
Rookie
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2014, 07:33:17 PM »

Iowa Democratic Primary Results:

1. Hillary Clinton 63%
2. Brian Schweitzer 26%
3. Martin O'Malley 11%

Analysis:

Hillary Clinton entered the Democratic Primaries like she was the incumbent. She was confident in a win. She already had a team to begin to draft lists for potential running-mates and cabinet members. She thought that at the latest, by the New Hampshire primaries she would have the nomination wrapped up. Clinton largely ignored New Hampshire. She thought all she needed was a statement win in Iowa to scare off her opponents. In the one Democratic Primary debate she participated in, she famously called O'Malley a "schoolboy". Schweitzer ran largely on a Populist campaign, focusing a lot of resources in New Hampshire. Martin O'Malley was trying to represent the left, but his campaign could hardly get off the ground. It was widely speculated that he's just running for VP or Attorney General.
OnlyAlb
Rookie
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2014, 03:19:25 PM »

By the way, the Iowa Caucus took place on January 3, 2016. 
OnlyAlb
Rookie
United States

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2014, 03:33:34 PM »

A Surprising Announcement
CNN.Com
January 5, 2016

In an unprecedented move today shocking many political pundits, Senator Rand Paul has announced that he is dropping out of the race for the Republican nomination. Today at a press conference,  Paul said "I am grateful and own tremendous gratitude to the people who have supported my Presidential campaign. I will leave the race and run for re-election in the Senate. The cause of liberty shall never vanquish, we will return and bring this country back to it's constitutional principles that it was founded on".  This move shakes up the upcoming New Hampshire Primary, as Paul's departure has allowed for Jeb Bush and Scott Walker to climb the polls in the Granite State.

The Revival of Lincoln's Party
By Maria Walsh
Copyright 2036 

"After Ted Cruz's win in Iowa, Rand Paul surprised everyone and announced that he would be dropping out of the Republican Primaries. The news came as a surprise as Rand Paul was leading in New Hampshire. Paul though saw the writing on the wall. After New Hampshire, Maine and Nevada were the only two states were he had a good shot winning in. Bush had Florida under-wrap, and was throwing his resources towards Nevada and Colorado. Jindal, Cruz,and Sanatorum were fighting for control of  South Carolina. Walker was concentrating on Minnesota. Paul played it smart. His tremendous war chest would be ready for 2020, and that way he could start out the 2020 primaries with an advantage over everyone.
OnlyAlb
Rookie
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2014, 03:47:26 PM »

2014 Gubernatorial Election:

Republicans picked up one mansion in Illinois, as Bruce Rauner would knock out Pat Quinn in a close race. The margins where 51% to 49% in favor of Rauner. In Maine, the first gay governor would be elected in a landslide. Mike Michaud would be the next governor of Maine. Allyson Schwartz would knock out Tom Corbett by a good margin, 54% to 46%. Lastly in Florida, Former governor Charlie Crist would yet again become governor of Florida, this time as a Democrat.

In Georgia sadly, Jason Carter was defeated.

The Democrats picked up 2 governor mansions in total.
OnlyAlb
Rookie
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2014, 11:59:56 PM »

Republican Presidential Debate:
January 7, 2016

Moderator: Now, lets move on to another topic. What's your stance on Immigration?

Cruz: My stance on immigration is tighter border control and no amnesty. The rule of law must be respected. Unlike my opponent, Governor Bush, I believe that the law must be enforced, and not ignore the law just because the acts where done as an act of love, which Jeb believes in. 

Moderator: Your response Governor?

Bush: I find it funny how a man with the last name Cruz can totally put off his Latino heritage. Yes Senator, I stand by my statement that illegal immigrants come here out of love. Look Senator, these are human beings and we have to treat them like that. Laws must be respected, but reform is needed. Reform like the one you voted against in the Senate.  Your only solution is building a fence. Your statements on immigration is disrespectful to the nation as whole, a nation build by immigrants.

Moderator: Alright, lets get the opinions of the other candidates.

Bush: If I might add one last comment, the same guy attacking me on my stance on immigration, is the same guy who only just renounced his Canadian Citizenship so he could run for President. 
OnlyAlb
Rookie
United States

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2014, 12:01:45 AM »

As mentioned before, forgive me for any grammatical or spelling errors I might have made.

The New Hampshire primary is coming up next.

On a side note, Martin O'Malley and Rick Perry also dropped out the race, joining Rand Paul.
TX Conservative Dem
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2014, 11:12:52 AM »

Hillary calling the shots: HA-HA.

What would happen in the 2015 Louisiana Governor's race ?
OnlyAlb
Rookie
United States

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2014, 11:32:26 AM »

Hillary calling the shots: HA-HA.

What would happen in the 2015 Louisiana Governor's race ?

Sorry, I seemed to have skipped the 2015 Gubernatorial Elections update. Well might as well put them up now.

2015 Gubernatorial Election:

Louisiana:

Senator David Vitter (R) would defeat Mayor Mitch Landriue (D) in a runoff 53% to 47%. Senator Vitter would appoint Representative Bill Cassidy to the seat. Cassidy ran in 2014 Senate Election in Louisiana but was defeated by Mitch's sister. Cassidy has announced that he is running for reelection in 2016.

Kentucky:

Agriculture Commissioner of Kentucky James Comer (R) defeated State Auditor Adam Edelen (D) in a close race 51% to 49%. The election resulted in a Republican Hold.

Mississippi:

Governor Phil Bryant (R) won reelection fairly easily with 58% of the vote.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies