KS: Sebelius considering run
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:03:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  KS: Sebelius considering run
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: KS: Sebelius considering run  (Read 2537 times)
moderatevoter
ModerateVAVoter

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2014, 04:47:24 PM »

Windjammer, you're forgetting this is Kansas. I do doubt that Wolf ousts Roberts, for the record.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2014, 04:47:53 PM »

I suppose this seat could be vulnerable if Roberts losses his primary, but unlike Mississippi, there's no real chance of that happening, and even then, Sebelius is too toxic right now to have any sort of chance
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2014, 04:51:23 PM »

Windjammer, you're forgetting this is Kansas. I do doubt that Wolf ousts Roberts, for the record.
Of course, that's why this primary is rated likely Roberts!
Roberts will win. But you seem to underestimate the capacity of tea partier to screw races when they get the nomination. Mccaskill won by 14 point in Missouri with 40% approval and an unpopular Obama!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2014, 05:18:25 PM »

LOL!

Stop

LOL again!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2014, 05:30:48 PM »

Roberts will win. But you seem to underestimate the capacity of tea partier to screw races when they get the nomination. Mccaskill won by 14 point in Missouri with 40% approval and an unpopular Obama!
Missouri is a purple state. Kansas is as red (or Atlas blue) as you get.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2014, 06:49:31 PM »

Was, was good at splitting Republicans between moderates and conservatives. This isn't 2002 or 2006.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2014, 06:53:52 PM »

While she won't win, she should run just because her presence would inspire some really costly comments from Republicans that could help in other races.
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2014, 07:05:33 PM »

No, please don't.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2014, 07:23:59 PM »

Please don't. She'll only hurt our chances in the governor's race, which is actually competitive.

I doubt that. If Kansas is going to elect him, they will come hell or high water.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2014, 08:52:40 PM »

If anyone thinks she's seriously considering a run, leave the Forum and politics now.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2014, 09:24:45 PM »

I doubt she runs - she has to understand that she has absolutely no chance. Her running creates a more partisan and costly race which could end up hurting Paul Davis, who actually has somewhat of a chance at winning.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2014, 06:54:53 AM »

If anyone thinks she's seriously considering a run, leave the Forum and politics now.

Since when is Roberts vulnerable? And why do they think running Sebelius will help the KS D's in any way?
Seriously, I don't think she will run.

Seriously, like I have said, I believe Roberts will win the primary. The tea party guy is so crazy, http://blogs.kansas.com/weblog/2014/03/the-doctors-hard-on-wolfs-x-ray-posting-jokes/
If he wins, (and that's likely), I'm sure the democrats would have an opening. But Sebelius won't probably run, but the actual democrat is relatively decent.

And PS Chairmansanchez: Missouri isn't a swing state, I didn't know you were a such dem hack Tongue.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2014, 08:49:05 AM »

Since when is Roberts vulnerable? And why do they think running Sebelius will help the KS D's in any way?

Seriously, like I have said, I believe Roberts will win the primary. The tea party guy is so crazy, http://blogs.kansas.com/weblog/2014/03/the-doctors-hard-on-wolfs-x-ray-posting-jokes/
If he wins, (and that's likely), I'm sure the democrats would have an opening. But Sebelius won't probably run, but the actual democrat is relatively decent.

And PS Chairmansanchez: Missouri isn't a swing state, I didn't know you were a such dem hack Tongue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2008#Close_states.2Fdistricts
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2014, 09:18:00 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2008#Close_states.2Fdistricts
Yes thank you SWE, a state who doesn't swing even if Obama wins the presi by 7 isn't a swing state.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2014, 12:31:16 PM »

She out.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2014, 03:41:12 PM »

Yes thank you SWE, a state who doesn't swing even if Obama wins the presi by 7 isn't a swing state.
It was close enough.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2014, 03:46:19 PM »
« Edited: April 18, 2014, 03:58:46 PM by Midwest Governor windjammer »

It was close enough.
But this isn't the definition of a swing state.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2014, 04:25:01 PM »

It was close enough.
Your splitting hairs. The point is, Missouri is winnable for Democrats, even without Todd Akin type candidates.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2014, 04:28:51 PM »

It was close enough.
Your splitting hairs. The point is, Missouri is winnable for Democrats, even without Todd Akin type candidates.
Winnable if a huge dem wave. So this isn't a swing state anymore Tongue
Nichlemn

« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2014, 02:05:06 AM »

Missouri is about as much of a swing state nowadays as Washington. (6 points more R than national average in 2012, versus 5 points more D for Washington).
Pessimistic Antineutrino
Pessimistic Antineutrino
United States

« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2014, 09:28:21 PM »

That's in presidential elections. Missouri is perfectly capable of electing Democrats statewide, as 2012 demonstrated (although Republicans do have supermajorities in both chambers of the State House). It's not Arkansas or Tennessee yet, but it looks like it's going that way.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2014, 12:51:21 AM »

Missouri is a purple state. Kansas is as red (or Atlas blue) as you get.
kansas is roughly 12 points more republican than missouri. 12 < 14.

i think, of course, that it's highly unlikely sebelius wins this, but against the tea-party guy it is certainly possible.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies