KS: Sebelius considering run (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:35:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  KS: Sebelius considering run (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: KS: Sebelius considering run  (Read 2591 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« on: April 16, 2014, 09:02:56 AM »

But the KS dem nominee is decent Sad.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 09:13:05 AM »

I agree, it would be funny Tongue. SEBELIUSCARE (and this time for a real reason).

The last poll for the Sebelius/Roberts match-up: 52-38. For the Sebelius/Wolf match up: 46/39. Seriously I would only change the ratings of this race from Safe Rep to Likely Rep if Wolf wins the primary, and that's unlikely.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 09:30:43 AM »

Article
You must be logged in to read this quote.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 09:35:13 AM »

Can you blame him?

That was my reaction too. I got quite a lot of stares on the way to work.
Not really, I just found that funny Tongue.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 11:10:01 AM »

I hope she runs. She won't win (that for sure), but it's time for democrats to start running ON Obamacare (see: Mark Pryor) and not AGAINST it, even in republican states. Because those democrats will probably lose this year, but if they really think Obamacare is a success and Americans will like it sooner than later, supporting it now would help them for future races, don't you think?

Oh, and I want to see the Kansas Tea Party ranting about how bad Sebelius is, too (specially the Westboro Church members). There may even be some GOP Congressmen saying "nice" and "not-misogynist-at-all" things about Sebelius. That may help in other races.

I totally agree with Julio!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 01:36:50 PM »

Apparently, KS democrats want her to run.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 04:31:14 PM »

Since when is Roberts vulnerable? And why do they think running Sebelius will help the KS D's in any way?
Seriously, I don't think she will run.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 04:40:55 PM »

Since when is Roberts vulnerable? And why do they think running Sebelius will help the KS D's in any way?

I don't think she will either, but I'm talking about part of the article...

Well, at least, she has name recognition, and seems to be extremely good for splitting the GOP between moderates and conservatives. She was elected governor twice. So yes, it's probably the "best" recruit the KS democratic could have.

If anything Roberts is vulnerable to a primary challenger (kind of), not in the general election. I'm starting to think this was the product of a really slow news day.
Roberts seems to be the typical establishment republican who isn't moderate at all, but not crazy enough, so primary challenge. The primary in Kansas is rared likely Roberts though.
But seriously, if the gop tea partier wins, it would be more open, because HE'S LITERALLY CRAZY.

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2014, 04:51:23 PM »

Windjammer, you're forgetting this is Kansas. I do doubt that Wolf ousts Roberts, for the record.
Of course, that's why this primary is rated likely Roberts!
Roberts will win. But you seem to underestimate the capacity of tea partier to screw races when they get the nomination. Mccaskill won by 14 point in Missouri with 40% approval and an unpopular Obama!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2014, 06:54:53 AM »

If anyone thinks she's seriously considering a run, leave the Forum and politics now.

Seriously, like I have said, I believe Roberts will win the primary. The tea party guy is so crazy, http://blogs.kansas.com/weblog/2014/03/the-doctors-hard-on-wolfs-x-ray-posting-jokes/
If he wins, (and that's likely), I'm sure the democrats would have an opening. But Sebelius won't probably run, but the actual democrat is relatively decent.

And PS Chairmansanchez: Missouri isn't a swing state, I didn't know you were a such dem hack Tongue.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2014, 09:18:00 AM »

If anyone thinks she's seriously considering a run, leave the Forum and politics now.

Seriously, like I have said, I believe Roberts will win the primary. The tea party guy is so crazy, http://blogs.kansas.com/weblog/2014/03/the-doctors-hard-on-wolfs-x-ray-posting-jokes/
If he wins, (and that's likely), I'm sure the democrats would have an opening. But Sebelius won't probably run, but the actual democrat is relatively decent.

And PS Chairmansanchez: Missouri isn't a swing state, I didn't know you were a such dem hack Tongue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2008#Close_states.2Fdistricts
Yes thank you SWE, a state who doesn't swing even if Obama wins the presi by 7 isn't a swing state.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2014, 03:46:19 PM »
« Edited: April 18, 2014, 03:58:46 PM by Midwest Governor windjammer »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2008#Close_states.2Fdistricts
Yes thank you SWE, a state who doesn't swing even if Obama wins the presi by 7 isn't a swing state.
It was close enough.
But this isn't the definition of a swing state.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2014, 04:28:51 PM »

It was close enough.
But this isn't the definition of a swing state.
Your splitting hairs. The point is, Missouri is winnable for Democrats, even without Todd Akin type candidates.
Winnable if a huge dem wave. So this isn't a swing state anymore Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies