King: Paul Presidency would be a disaster
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:16:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  King: Paul Presidency would be a disaster
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: King: Paul Presidency would be a disaster  (Read 1405 times)
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2014, 08:43:45 AM »

Ugh, how many times must the GOP lose control of itself? First Nixon, then Reagen, then Bush, now Paul? Jesus, the last time I'd vote for a GOP Nominee was in 1976! How much more unappealing to me can the Grand Old Party be?

Rand Paul and his father are the reasons I am a registered Republican.  I think its good that his kind are losing out, I'm sick of all the wars and the government surveillance.
While I do like Rand for his positions on Civil Liberties, his positions on Health Care, Welfare, and Foreign Policy* are very bad for me.

*Better clarify, well, I don't like Isolationism, at all, and if that's what you will get under Paul, then, good luck.
noninterventionist=/=isolationist
Angel of Death
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2014, 11:21:26 AM »

Neo-con attacks quasi-libertarian. News at 11.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2014, 04:05:58 PM »

Ugh, how many times must the GOP lose control of itself? First Nixon, then Reagen, then Bush, now Paul? Jesus, the last time I'd vote for a GOP Nominee was in 1976! How much more unappealing to me can the Grand Old Party be?

Rand Paul and his father are the reasons I am a registered Republican.  I think its good that his kind are losing out, I'm sick of all the wars and the government surveillance.
While I do like Rand for his positions on Civil Liberties, his positions on Health Care, Welfare, and Foreign Policy* are very bad for me.

*Better clarify, well, I don't like Isolationism, at all, and if that's what you will get under Paul, then, good luck.

It's not isolationism, Rand Paul still believes in a role for the US in the world.  And you like him on civil liberties?  You realize that the justification for our civil liberties are taken away comes from the need to "fight the Arabs!"
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies