Martinez exposé shows nasty side
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 03:18:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Martinez exposé shows nasty side
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Martinez exposé shows nasty side  (Read 9442 times)
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2014, 04:31:24 PM »

The point is, she's not the perfect candidate she's been made out to be. This is enough to keep her off of a ticket, no presidential candidate wants to deal with someone so angry, nasty and petty.

Her and Christie should get a reality, they both have rotten personalities. People said Christie's personality was good for his state, then Bridgegate came out and everyone pretends now that they never liked him.
HRC?

This isn't a thread about Hillary Clinton, it's about Susana Martinez, stay on subject.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2014, 04:31:46 PM »

This kind of stuff is perfect for attack ads if the goal is to erode her favorability ratings then this is the way to do it. I'm sure this does her no favors in deep blue New Mexico.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2014, 04:33:36 PM »

The point is, she's not the perfect candidate she's been made out to be. This is enough to keep her off of a ticket, no presidential candidate wants to deal with someone so angry, nasty and petty.

Her and Christie should get a reality, they both have rotten personalities. People said Christie's personality was good for his state, then Bridgegate came out and everyone pretends now that they never liked him.
HRC?

This isn't a thread about Hillary Clinton, it's about Susana Martinez, stay on subject.
Glad to see you defending Susana Martinez.

This kind of stuff is perfect for attack ads if the goal is to erode her favorability ratings then this is the way to do it. I'm sure this does her no favors in deep blue New Mexico.
It won't do anything. Try harder.

Considering these tapes were "leaked" by people who hacked into her email account and are as a result under federal investigation, I'd say the "damage control" is done by itself. But of course you wonder whether if that'd make it into the Times or the New Yorker.
If anything, the media should be attacking the hackers who are behind this "leak."

DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2014, 04:36:49 PM »

HRC?

Considering these tapes were "leaked" by people who hacked into her email account and are as a result under federal investigation, I'd say the "damage control" is done by itself. But of course you wonder whether if that'd make it into the Times or the New Yorker.
If anything, the media should be attacking the hackers who are behind this "leak."

You're mistaken, little boy, I'm not defending her. Calling your opponent a "little b****" is unacceptable, even in private. Bad attitudes lead to corruption, see Chris Christie.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2014, 04:39:47 PM »

HRC?

You're mistaken, little boy, I'm not defending her. Calling your opponent a "little b****" is unacceptable, even in private. Bad attitudes lead to corruption, see Chris Christie.
So, the fact that Hillary has all of these personality traits is a good thing because she is "strong" while in Martinez's case, it's "unacceptable." Hillary has a well documented foul mouth.

DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2014, 04:43:49 PM »

HRC?

So, the fact that Hillary has all of these personality traits is a good thing because she is "strong" while in Martinez's case, it's "unacceptable." Hillary has a well documented foul mouth.

But, Hillary isn't ignorant of policy like Martinez and Hillary can actually work with other people, Martinez seems less likely to do so. Hillary moved forward from a very harsh primary and accepted a position in Obama's cabinet, I doubt Martinez would be that gracious in defeat. Martinez is Sarah Palin, not Hillary Clinton.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2014, 04:46:13 PM »

Hillary Clinton is really well-liked in political circles, actually.  Senators, people from the Clinton administration and her staff generally say she's a really nice, fair, hard-working person.  The only arguably angry, mean thing she did was kill Vince Foster, but that was ages ago.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2014, 04:47:33 PM »

HRC?

But, Hillary isn't ignorant of policy like Martinez and Hillary can actually work with other people, Martinez seems less likely to do so. Hillary moved forward from a very harsh primary and accepted a position in Obama's cabinet, I doubt Martinez would be that gracious in defeat. Martinez is Sarah Palin, not Hillary Clinton.
Name on legislative accomplishment Hillary achieved in the Senate because she "worked with others."

DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2014, 04:49:43 PM »

HRC?

Name on legislative accomplishment Hillary achieved in the Senate because she "worked with others."

If she didn't work well with others, she would have never been re-elected to the Senate or gotten close to being nominated as President. She worked very well on foreign policy. What are some of Martinez's achievements? Republicans generally praise her for demographic reasons.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2014, 04:58:59 PM »

HRC?

If she didn't work well with others, she would have never been re-elected to the Senate or gotten close to being nominated as President. She worked very well on foreign policy. What are some of Martinez's achievements? Republicans generally praise her for demographic reasons.

Yeah, your deluded.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2014, 05:04:09 PM »

Seriously, this thread is one of the reasons I don't often visit 2016 U S Presidential Election.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2014, 05:05:10 PM »

HRC?

Yeah, your deluded.

You have no rebuttal, so end of debate. I don't expect much from the kids that post here. Goodbye.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2014, 05:29:47 PM »

HRC?

Yeah, your deluded.

You have no rebuttal, so end of debate. I don't expect much from the kids that post here. Goodbye.
Rick Perry was also reelected by his state and has won praise from conservative Democrats. Your point?
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2014, 06:19:37 PM »

Why do you hate women?
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2014, 06:21:54 PM »

In other words, she's human, and not a saint. 
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2014, 07:33:44 PM »

I was gonna post this, but was thinking of Hagrid.
RosettaStoned
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.45, S: -5.91

« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2014, 07:39:42 PM »

No one is going to care about this when she's Jeb's running mate.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2014, 08:24:24 PM »

Seriously, this thread is one of the reasons I don't often visit 2016 U S Presidential Election.

It's already at an Uwe Boll level of cringe - everyone has something to feed off... the anti-GOPers, the anti-Hillary bunch...

But... have none of you ever been in closed-door meetings? Seriously? I'm sure I've said much worse things.

It's not the nicest thing to say, but this is a massive, massive storm in a tea-cup... you don't get anywhere in politics unless you have the capacity for being petty or aggressive... or unpleasant.

and this tells me the 2016 campaign in this place is going to reach a level of cringe and fiend-hood that tells me I better not bother showing up. It'll just be armies of chimps throwing sh**te at each other for 18 months.
MurrayBannerman
murraybannerman

Political Matrix
E: 5.55, S: -2.09

« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2014, 08:46:39 PM »

HRC?

I feel like you just read the subheadline.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2014, 10:00:57 PM »

No one is going to care about this when she's Jeb's running mate.

IMO Jeb is the least likely nominee to pick Martinez because it'd offer a lot of fodder to Saturday Night Live and evening talkshows.

Latina wife and Latina VP... looks like Jeb likes his women spicy

(I am not very good at offensive racial humor is there a term like "yellow fever" but for Hispanics because I feel like there should be but I can't think of one)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2014, 11:24:46 PM »

Well...now I understand why Hagrid likes her so much. Tongue
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2014, 04:07:34 AM »

I have a severely autistic brother who is in a group home, and I use the word "retard" all the time. Why? Because I’m not oversensitive and I am not actually calling my brother it.  an asshole.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2014, 06:56:18 AM »

If this story is true, then the Republican pres nominee may have to pick a boring, uninspiring John Thune, who could only deliver Iowa or a Minnesota, but maybe there is more to Martinez that we don't know.
Kushahontas
floating_to_sea
Kenya

« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2014, 08:04:00 AM »

I have a severely autistic brother who is in a group home, and I use the word "retard" all the time. Why? Because I’m not oversensitive and I am not actually calling my brother it.  an asshole.
Randy Bobandy
socialisthoosier
United States

« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2014, 08:26:00 AM »

The word "retard" derives itself from the term "mental retardation", which is found in the DSM, the DSM-II, the DSM-III, and the DSM-IV. Only recently (i.e. around the time of the release of the DSM-5) has the APA decided to begin using the term "intellectual disability" instead, because, for some strange reason, a lot of overly-sensitive people disapprove of the perfectly fitting word "retard".
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies