Martinez exposé shows nasty side (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:27:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Martinez exposé shows nasty side (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Martinez exposé shows nasty side  (Read 9509 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: April 16, 2014, 03:38:02 PM »

I have a severely autistic brother who is in a group home, and I use the word "retard" all the time. Why? Because I’m not oversensitive and I am not actually calling my brother it. What I really learned is that most of our under one thousand post red avatar newbies are childish, easily offended, and extremely ignorant.

Martinez is not doomed because Mother Jones, the grand beacon of American Journalism, did a hit piece on her.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 04:33:36 PM »

The point is, she's not the perfect candidate she's been made out to be. This is enough to keep her off of a ticket, no presidential candidate wants to deal with someone so angry, nasty and petty.

Her and Christie should get a reality, they both have rotten personalities. People said Christie's personality was good for his state, then Bridgegate came out and everyone pretends now that they never liked him.
HRC?

This isn't a thread about Hillary Clinton, it's about Susana Martinez, stay on subject.
Glad to see you defending Susana Martinez.

This kind of stuff is perfect for attack ads if the goal is to erode her favorability ratings then this is the way to do it. I'm sure this does her no favors in deep blue New Mexico.
It won't do anything. Try harder.

Considering these tapes were "leaked" by people who hacked into her email account and are as a result under federal investigation, I'd say the "damage control" is done by itself. But of course you wonder whether if that'd make it into the Times or the New Yorker.
If anything, the media should be attacking the hackers who are behind this "leak."

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 04:39:47 PM »

The point is, she's not the perfect candidate she's been made out to be. This is enough to keep her off of a ticket, no presidential candidate wants to deal with someone so angry, nasty and petty.

Her and Christie should get a reality, they both have rotten personalities. People said Christie's personality was good for his state, then Bridgegate came out and everyone pretends now that they never liked him.
HRC?

This isn't a thread about Hillary Clinton, it's about Susana Martinez, stay on subject.

This kind of stuff is perfect for attack ads if the goal is to erode her favorability ratings then this is the way to do it. I'm sure this does her no favors in deep blue New Mexico.

Considering these tapes were "leaked" by people who hacked into her email account and are as a result under federal investigation, I'd say the "damage control" is done by itself. But of course you wonder whether if that'd make it into the Times or the New Yorker.
If anything, the media should be attacking the hackers who are behind this "leak."

You're mistaken, little boy, I'm not defending her. Calling your opponent a "little b****" is unacceptable, even in private. Bad attitudes lead to corruption, see Chris Christie.
So, the fact that Hillary has all of these personality traits is a good thing because she is "strong" while in Martinez's case, it's "unacceptable." Hillary has a well documented foul mouth.

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 04:47:33 PM »

HRC?

You're mistaken, little boy, I'm not defending her. Calling your opponent a "little b****" is unacceptable, even in private. Bad attitudes lead to corruption, see Chris Christie.
So, the fact that Hillary has all of these personality traits is a good thing because she is "strong" while in Martinez's case, it's "unacceptable." Hillary has a well documented foul mouth.

But, Hillary isn't ignorant of policy like Martinez and Hillary can actually work with other people, Martinez seems less likely to do so. Hillary moved forward from a very harsh primary and accepted a position in Obama's cabinet, I doubt Martinez would be that gracious in defeat. Martinez is Sarah Palin, not Hillary Clinton.
Name on legislative accomplishment Hillary achieved in the Senate because she "worked with others."

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 04:58:59 PM »

HRC?

But, Hillary isn't ignorant of policy like Martinez and Hillary can actually work with other people, Martinez seems less likely to do so. Hillary moved forward from a very harsh primary and accepted a position in Obama's cabinet, I doubt Martinez would be that gracious in defeat. Martinez is Sarah Palin, not Hillary Clinton.
Name on legislative accomplishment Hillary achieved in the Senate because she "worked with others."

If she didn't work well with others, she would have never been re-elected to the Senate or gotten close to being nominated as President. She worked very well on foreign policy. What are some of Martinez's achievements? Republicans generally praise her for demographic reasons.

Yeah, your deluded.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 05:29:47 PM »

HRC?

If she didn't work well with others, she would have never been re-elected to the Senate or gotten close to being nominated as President. She worked very well on foreign policy. What are some of Martinez's achievements? Republicans generally praise her for demographic reasons.

Yeah, your deluded.

You have no rebuttal, so end of debate. I don't expect much from the kids that post here. Goodbye.
Rick Perry was also reelected by his state and has won praise from conservative Democrats. Your point?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 01:39:34 PM »

I have a severely autistic brother who is in a group home, and I use the word "retard" all the time. Why? Because I’m not oversensitive and I am not actually calling my brother it.  an asshole.
People like you are worse than cancer.
If this story is true, then the Republican pres nominee may have to pick a boring, uninspiring John Thune, who could only deliver Iowa or a Minnesota, but maybe there is more to Martinez that we don't know.
Thune can't deliver Iowa anymore than anyone else can.

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 04:03:36 PM »

I have a severely autistic brother who is in a group home, and I use the word "retard" all the time. Why? Because I’m not oversensitive and I am not actually calling my brother it.  an asshole.
You guys are being insensitive to those who do not have assholes. Only those without assholes can call somebody an asshole.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2014, 08:01:29 PM »

You guys are being insensitive to those who do not have assholes. Only those without assholes can call somebody an asshole.

Wow I thought you were a total insensitive jerk, but then you compared the stigma and struggle of mental retardation to the problem of not having a butt. Now I know how much of a non-asshole you are.

Wow. Do you really think that I don't understand the troubles and stigma associated with mental retardation after watching my parents having to place my own autistic brother in a group home before the state Baker Acted him, or how my family was asked to leave McDonalds when he threw a fit, or how he wasn't able to talk until he was seven? Do you have any idea what that is like? I deal with things with humor. So does my mom. We call each other "retard" when somebody does something stupid.

Seriously, I know you've been here only a year, and I know you don't venture out of the 2016 boards to the Forum Community because you’re afraid of having "true leftists" big boys like Oakvale smash your hackish fantasies, but seriously, if you take one peak, you will see that I am pretty open about this.

This thread is about Susana Martinez, not my family. I happen to think that Martinez is still qualified for the Presidency because she uses a certain word. And believe me, Hillary has said far, far worse.

Finally, I'd recommend you learn a little about satire. You see, if somebody who has an autistic brother who is constantly on his mind and in his heart uses the term "retard", it is NOT going to be negative. It's a word. If I am an insensitive jerk for using a term that I don't actually apply to my own brother, or anyone for that matter in a serious manner, than surely you must be as well. Because if the same logic is used, than you’re degrading those without assholes (and of course that’s not even possible, but the point stands) in the same manner.

I’m so glad people like you stay in the 2016 board and don’t spread their vile filth into the other corners of the forum, because people like you truly are the worst.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2014, 10:04:34 AM »

Wow I thought you were a total insensitive jerk, but then you compared the stigma and struggle of mental retardation to the problem of not having a butt. Now I know how much of a non-asshole you are.

Wow. Do you really think that I don't understand the troubles and stigma associated with mental retardation after watching my parents having to place my own autistic brother in a group home before the state Baker Acted him, or how my family was asked to leave McDonalds when he threw a fit, or how he wasn't able to talk until he was seven? Do you have any idea what that is like? I deal with things with humor. So does my mom. We call each other "retard" when somebody does something stupid.

Seriously, I know you've been here only a year, and I know you don't venture out of the 2016 boards to the Forum Community because you’re afraid of having "true leftists" big boys like Oakvale smash your hackish fantasies, but seriously, if you take one peak, you will see that I am pretty open about this.

This thread is about Susana Martinez, not my family. I happen to think that Martinez is still qualified for the Presidency because she uses a certain word. And believe me, Hillary has said far, far worse.

Finally, I'd recommend you learn a little about satire. You see, if somebody who has an autistic brother who is constantly on his mind and in his heart uses the term "retard", it is NOT going to be negative. It's a word. If I am an insensitive jerk for using a term that I don't actually apply to my own brother, or anyone for that matter in a serious manner, than surely you must be as well. Because if the same logic is used, than you’re degrading those without assholes (and of course that’s not even possible, but the point stands) in the same manner.

I’m so glad people like you stay in the 2016 board and don’t spread their vile filth into the other corners of the forum, because people like you truly are the worst.

Just because you and your family are okay with calling each other retards, doesn't make it okay. It's a revolting word and it's use in society is to demean a person and ignore their humanity. Like the words 'f****t' and 'n' it's used to make a person feel different and not a part of society, if you think that's okay then there is something wrong with you.

Just because you and your family are okay with calling each other retards, doesn't make it okay. It's a revolting word and it's use in society is to demean a person and ignore their humanity. Like the words 'f****t' and 'n' it's used to make a person feel different and not a part of society, if you think that's okay then there is something wrong with you.

Hasn't it been proven that your a 30 year old masquerading as a 17 year old?

I hope you guys realize that mental retardation and autism are two completely different things.
It's been used in a derogatory way towards autistic people in the same way Sikhs are the victims of anti Muslim bigotry. The context doesn't matter, it's a horrible thing to call somebody who is handicapped. Though I see nothing wrong with the use of the word in the context that Martinez did.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies