Tumblr Leftism vs. True Leftism (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:40:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Tumblr Leftism vs. True Leftism (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which ideology do you prefer?
Tumblr Leftism

True Leftism

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 54

Author Topic: Tumblr Leftism vs. True Leftism  (Read 3287 times)
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« on: April 16, 2014, 08:56:45 PM »

I don't know if I understand what true leftism is. 

Tumblr leftism is, in my mind, basically a breed of college campus reactionary victimhood where you're supposed to be ashamed of yourself all the time unless you're black or transgender. 

True leftism is just extreme leftism, either born out of a desire for leftist street cred and being emotionally adolescent.

By those definitions, I go with true leftism.  I prefer that ideology simply because it's fits in with my beliefs in egalitarianism and constantly questioning authority.  Tumblr leftism feels more like a cult to me.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 09:02:12 PM »

I don't know if I understand what true leftism is. 

Tumblr leftism is, in my mind, basically a breed of college campus reactionary victimhood where you're supposed to be ashamed of yourself all the time unless you're black or transgender. 

True leftism is just extreme leftism, either born out of a desire for leftist street cred and being emotionally adolescent.

By those definitions, I go with true leftism.  I prefer that ideology simply because it's fits in with my beliefs in egalitarianism and constantly questioning authority.  Tumblr leftism feels more like a cult to me.

I see it more like Lena Dunham vs. Dennis Kucinich.

I have no idea what Lena Dunham's politics are.  Don't tumblr types hate her because her show is about white people?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies