do you support right to work laws (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:15:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  do you support right to work laws (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: .
yes

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 88

Author Topic: do you support right to work laws  (Read 3629 times)
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« on: April 17, 2014, 03:55:53 PM »
« edited: April 17, 2014, 04:28:51 PM by DemPGH »

Certainly not. And moreover, "right to work" is a completely disingenuous moniker. "Right to be a peasant" is more like it. And, It's things like that that make me think that the GOP, to a degree, counts on people not being able to figure out what is good for an individual and what is not.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 10:32:25 AM »

The thing that really irks me about the USA is that a company is allowed, and expected, to do anything and everything short of physical violence to prevent its workers from organizing. And indeed, we have a history of just that - resorting to actual violence to prevent unions from organizing. I really think we need to strengthen laws that limit a corporation's ability to hold propaganda sessions, threaten, intimidate, or interfere with workers in other ways, like cornering them and making promises and so forth. It really is deplorable, so until there is anything close to a level playing field, I would blanket oppose these awful laws.

A union bargains for a better wage and usually requires just cause for you to be fired. It boggles my mind why workers wouldn't want just those basic protections. They seem to everywhere but here!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies