1888 U.S. Presidential Election
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:46:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  1888 U.S. Presidential Election
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: ?
President Grover Cleveland (Union-New York)/Vice President Henry Adams (Union-Massachusetts)
General George Custer (People's Alliance-Michigan)/Senator Joseph Smith (People's Alliance-Illinois)
Governor Zebulon Vance (Whig-North Carolina)/Senator Henry Teller (Whig-Babel)
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: 1888 U.S. Presidential Election  (Read 3639 times)
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2014, 11:57:12 AM »

As of right now, 12-12-12 tie.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2014, 04:26:00 PM »

I voted Vance to break the tie!
Meursault
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2014, 04:36:54 PM »

The People's Alliance slate.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2014, 08:55:25 PM »

Not-Cleveland-mentum!
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2014, 03:25:39 AM »

Geez, I feel bad for Dallasfan. He's going to have to jump through hoops to explain Cleveland mysteriously losing 20% of the electorate while the great war hero only does ok and a mostly dead party comes magically back to life.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2014, 10:17:38 AM »

Geez, I feel bad for Dallasfan. He's going to have to jump through hoops to explain Cleveland mysteriously losing 20% of the electorate while the great war hero only does ok and a mostly dead party comes magically back to life.

Well, he did mention an economic downturn, so maybe it's more serious than it appears?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2014, 12:33:01 PM »
« Edited: April 20, 2014, 12:34:58 PM by Malcolm X »

If the election does go to the House, wouldn't it need to be the second round of the House vote (so that we don't just redo the election with the same candidates).
Repub242
Jack982
Rookie
United States

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2014, 05:13:36 PM »

Custer!
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2014, 05:43:24 PM »

If the election does go to the House, wouldn't it need to be the second round of the House vote (so that we don't just redo the election with the same candidates).

Sounds good. I assume the first vote would be something along those lines. So would Cleveland be eliminated from the second round as the lowest vote getter?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2014, 07:02:09 PM »

If we assume the first House round would be just like this (which it almost certainly will be) and that Custer and Vance go to the second round, and therefore that we bosses are to be kingmakers, I propose a Vance/Smith unity ticket (and possibly a merger).
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2014, 08:28:39 PM »

If we assume the first House round would be just like this (which it almost certainly will be) and that Custer and Vance go to the second round, and therefore that we bosses are to be kingmakers, I propose a Vance/Smith unity ticket (and possibly a merger).

I dunno how much influence we actually have, but if we can decide that, that sounds alright. I assume it'd be called the People's Alliance?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2014, 09:37:09 PM »

I dunno how much influence we actually have, but if we can decide that, that sounds alright. I assume it'd be called the People's Alliance?

I think the good course now would be for the Destiny and Whig parties to merge into the PA.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2014, 08:05:19 AM »

I think the good course now would be for the Destiny and Whig parties to merge into the PA.

Despite being a Whig who played a leading role in the opposition to a merger in this election, I am inclined to agree barring a completely unexpected development or candidate (btw, I thought the destiny party already merged).  However, if there isn't a merger, I'd like to add as a note to the author that Bryan should probably be an option at both party's conventions since he ran for (and won) both the Democratic and Populist nominations IRL.  Additionally, Vance should probably be an option for The People's Alliance if there is a merger, its hard to imagine that an incumbent President's party would merge and ditch him/her entirely.  Of course, this all assumes Vance wins which is far from certain Tongue  We certainly got an exciting election though Smiley
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2014, 03:18:43 PM »

General George Custer (People's Alliance-Michigan)/Senator Joseph Smith (People's Alliance-Illinois) 147 electoral votes, 35.7% of the popular vote
Governor Zebulon Vance (Whig-North Carolina)/Senator Henry Teller (Whig-Babel), 168 electoral votes, 33.3% of the popular vote
President Grover Cleveland (Union-New York)/Vice President Henry Adams (Union-Massachusetts) 94 electoral votes, 31% of the popular vote
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2014, 03:25:40 PM »

Ooh, I like the purple.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2014, 03:52:29 PM »

General George Custer (People's Alliance-Michigan)/Senator Joseph Smith (People's Alliance-Illinois) 147 electoral votes, 35.7% of the popular vote
Governor Zebulon Vance (Whig-North Carolina)/Senator Henry Teller (Whig-Babel), 168 electoral votes, 33.3% of the popular vote
President Grover Cleveland (Union-New York)/Vice President Henry Adams (Union-Massachusetts) 94 electoral votes, 31% of the popular vote

Awesome map Smiley  I eagerly await the analysis/explanation for this roller-coaster of an election!
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies