South Park vs. Girls
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:13:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  South Park vs. Girls
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: South Park vs. Girls
South Park

Girls

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 52

Author Topic: South Park vs. Girls  (Read 4807 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 18, 2014, 03:15:04 PM »

One of these is one of the worst shows on television, and even one of the worst of all time. It relies mostly on nothing but shock value and trying to push the envelope of what can be shown on TV, but with no attempt to actual make it clever or get any humor out of it. It features idiotic and unlikable characters, and really vapid plots with terrible messages. Also the creators are clearly complete morons who have the maturity of probably a 13 year old at best with the type of crap they shovel on it. It only appeals to the lowest common denominator and people who are easily amused by cheap shock value and really simplistic and vapid "humor".

The other is an HBO comedy about some girls living in NYC. I vote for Girls.
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 03:17:26 PM »

One of these is one of the worst shows on television, and even one of the worst of all time. It relies mostly on nothing but shock value and trying to push the envelope of what can be shown on TV, but with no attempt to actual make it clever or get any humor out of it. It features idiotic and unlikable characters, and really vapid plots with terrible messages. Also the creators are clearly complete morons who have the maturity of probably a 13 year old at best with the type of crap they shovel on it. It only appeals to the lowest common denominator and people who are easily amused by cheap shock value and really simplistic and vapid "humor".
C'mon, Girls isn't that bad.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 03:19:13 PM »

No unlike it's competition in this poll Girls is a very witty, funny, well written show made by smart people for smart people.
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 03:20:52 PM »

I actually don't watch Girls (Or any HBO for that matter), so I'm going with South Park, which I do know, and find funny.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 05:46:52 PM »

The one which features less Lena Dunham.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2014, 05:50:05 PM »

Dude, we get it already.
Kushahontas
floating_to_sea
Kenya

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2014, 05:56:46 PM »

I like South Park every now and then but I am not that much of a regular viewer. I do love Girls a lot more, though. I'm a total Marnie, never miss an ep, Lena Dunham is actually one of my faves, etc. etc. etc.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2014, 08:24:48 PM »

Dude, we get it already.

Think you missed the joke. Tongue
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2014, 08:29:53 PM »

They're filming Girls a block away from me as I type.  I didn't realize they were willing to venture this far south into Brooklyn.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2014, 08:37:40 PM »

South Park, and I don't say that lightly (except for 'Good Times with Weapons', which is sublime).

No unlike it's competition in this poll Girls is a very witty, funny, well written show made by smart people for smart people.

The bolded part is true, but unfortunately they're the kind of smart people whose main area of expertise and interest is how smart they are.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2014, 08:46:11 PM »

South Park, and I don't say that lightly (except for 'Good Times with Weapons', which is sublime).

The bolded part is true, but unfortunately they're the kind of smart people whose main area of expertise and interest is how smart they are.
Weird, I just watched "Good Times with Weapons" a few minutes ago. That's a great episode.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2014, 08:48:21 PM »

Weird, I just watched "Good Times with Weapons" a few minutes ago. That's a great episode.

Isn't it? Everything came together just wonderfully. It's especially fun if one understands the lyrics to 'Let's Fighting Love'.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2014, 09:07:58 PM »

This last season of Girls was actually really, really good while South Park hasn't had a great season since Bush was still in office, so I'm voting Girls for right now and into the future.
RosettaStoned
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.45, S: -5.91

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2014, 10:55:07 PM »

South Park hasn't been funny since Clinton was in office. In other words; the first two, or three seasons were good.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2014, 12:07:40 AM »

Dude, we get it already.

"Dude, we get it already" is the standard reply to any and all BTRD threads.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2014, 04:06:33 PM »

South Park hasn't been funny since their movie (other than their season premiere involving the Jonas Brothers a couple years back).
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2014, 04:23:42 PM »

They're both good shows. South Park's obviously declined horribly in recent years whereas Girls is hitting its stride. Plus even if that wasn't my opinion I'd vote for Girls anyway in protest of the forum's weirdo obsession with Lena Dunham and how she's evil or whatever.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2014, 05:17:42 PM »

Recent South Park has been hit or miss IMO--the last season was mediocre other than the absolutely fantastic Black Friday trilogy and the Zimmerman episode.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2014, 05:50:01 AM »

Recent South Park has been hit or miss IMO--the last season was mediocre other than the absolutely fantastic Black Friday trilogy and the Zimmerman episode.

I thought "The Hobbit" was good.  (That is, the South Park episode, not the actual movie.)
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2016, 04:13:04 PM »

South Park.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2016, 04:36:04 PM »

South Park
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2016, 04:50:54 PM »

Girls!
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2016, 04:54:16 PM »

WI: Bottle of bleach
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2016, 05:29:10 PM »

I don't watch either, but South Park has given us many great memes.
JGibson
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2016, 10:56:53 PM »

South Park big time for me.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length