Opinion of marijuana edibles (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:41:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Opinion of marijuana edibles (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What is your opinion of marijuana edibles?
FF (D)
HF (D)
FF (R)
HF (R)
FF (I/O)
HF (I/O)
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Opinion of marijuana edibles  (Read 3198 times)
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

« on: April 20, 2014, 03:02:04 PM »
« edited: April 20, 2014, 03:05:21 PM by Boris »

I think the problem is that it's easier to get higher than you planned with edibles.  

Yeah, dosage and lack of FDA oversight. I also worry about combining marijuana with the industrial food complex. Right now, marijuana is a local cottage industry that fuels small businesses. If the industrial food complex starts demanding marijuana concentrate for food products, marijuana will become another uncontrollable (almost) vice industry, like tobacco.

I'm worried that edibles could scuttle legalization. It's easier to overdose. Vapor is already safer than smoking. Sweets appeal to children. Industrial food polls low across all demographics. Many problems.

Edibles legally sold in Colorado (and the Netherlands) are labeled with dosage info and even sold in child protective containers:

Granted, the issue is that I have no idea how 25mg THC would affect me until I take it. But I had no idea when I first started drinking how an 8% beer vs. a 5% beer would affect me, or how many $2 long islands it takes to black out, or how many tequila shots I can handle before I throw up, etc. That's all a part of growing up, really.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies