The PA and Hamas reach agreement
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:13:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  The PA and Hamas reach agreement
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The PA and Hamas reach agreement  (Read 1702 times)
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2014, 08:14:53 PM »

If the suicide bombs start happening again, I will not have an ounce of sympathy for Israel. At that point, they will have brought it on themselves.

The suicide bombs won't happen... the wall has stopped them from coming in and the rocket attacks are being blunted by Iron Dome. The Palestinian terrorists are running out of weapons.

So what is Israel's rationale for refusing to negotiate? The suicide bombings have stopped. The rocket attacks don't actually work.

And the PLO recognized the State of Israel back in 1988. So what exactly does Israel want them to do that they haven't already done?

Meanwhile, Israel has refused to halt illegal settlement construction and continues to deny that they possess nuclear weapons even as they engage in antagonism with Iran.

Is that the behavior of a country that wants peace?

I think there's some silliness about recognizing Israel as an explicitly Jewish State, and fighting over settlements and security and Jersualem.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2014, 05:19:42 AM »

If the suicide bombs start happening again, I will not have an ounce of sympathy for Israel. At that point, they will have brought it on themselves.

The suicide bombs won't happen... the wall has stopped them from coming in and the rocket attacks are being blunted by Iron Dome. The Palestinian terrorists are running out of weapons.

So what is Israel's rationale for refusing to negotiate? The suicide bombings have stopped. The rocket attacks don't actually work.

And the PLO recognized the State of Israel back in 1988. So what exactly does Israel want them to do that they haven't already done?

Meanwhile, Israel has refused to halt illegal settlement construction and continues to deny that they possess nuclear weapons even as they engage in antagonism with Iran.

I'm surprised Israel hasn't nuked the West Bank/Gaza to this day... They're pariahs internationally already, what more is there to lose?

Way too close of them.

The whole area is only about 200 miles long and 50 miles wide.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2014, 05:50:53 AM »

Nukes aren't that big.  It would take a half dozen (at least) of the biggest nukes in the US arsenal* to cover the Gaza Strip and if the wind is blowing out of the west 99% of the citizens of Israel wouldn't even know it happened until they saw it on the news.

You guys will need to come up with another reason they haven't nuked them yet.  Perhaps the Illuminati told them not to?

*we're not sure what kind of boomers the Israelis have, likely smaller than the biggest the US has
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2014, 09:03:31 AM »

So Israel can make it so the wind will never blow east in the region again?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2014, 04:39:40 PM »

I think there's some silliness about recognizing Israel as an explicitly Jewish State, and fighting over settlements and security and Jersualem.

It would be fundamentally bigoted to recognize it as a Jewish state when there is a sizable portion of the population that isn't Jewish and that lived there longer than most of the Jewish residents did.

Israel was founded for the purpose of being a country where Jews would be able to practice their religion openly and not have to worry about discrimination or persecution. At the time, there were few countries meeting that criteria. As far as I can tell, all of those needs can be met without classifying them as an explicitly Jewish state.

Furthermore, what difference does it make? If Israel considers themselves a Jewish state, that's their business. Why in the world would they need the "permission" of Palestine or any other foreign country to call themselves that?
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2014, 05:24:45 PM »

It would be fundamentally bigoted to recognize it as a Jewish state when there is a sizable portion of the population that isn't Jewish and that lived there longer than most of the Jewish residents did.

Israel was founded for the purpose of being a country where Jews would be able to practice their religion openly and not have to worry about discrimination or persecution. At the time, there were few countries meeting that criteria. As far as I can tell, all of those needs can be met without classifying them as an explicitly Jewish state.

Furthermore, what difference does it make? If Israel considers themselves a Jewish state, that's their business. Why in the world would they need the "permission" of Palestine or any other foreign country to call themselves that?

You're preaching to the choir here.

Also, forgot one more thing: Right of return for Palestinian refugees. Israel has refused to accept that.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2014, 07:27:00 PM »

A majority of Jews who live in Israel where born in Israel.

A majority of Palestinian refugees whose parents left Israel proper have never even visited Israel proper.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2014, 10:40:32 PM »

A majority of Jews who live in Israel where born in Israel.

A majority of Palestinian refugees whose parents left Israel proper have never even visited Israel proper.

The former, by choice.

The latter, by force.

Bit of a difference.

And before you go off on some piece about how Israel was "attacked" I'd direct your attention to Deir Yassin, which declared itself neutral in the 1948 civil war and was still destroyed by Israel. If Israel was attacked by Jordan, Egypt and Syria, it sounds like a matter they should take up with Jordan, Egypt and Syria. I fail to see how you can blame the Palestinian people for that.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2014, 05:49:56 AM »

So Israel can make it so the wind will never blow east in the region again?
Yes, of course.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2014, 04:03:40 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/04/27/us-palestinian-israel-holocaust-idUSBREA3Q08E20140427
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies