Would you rather live in Fargo, ND or Phoenix, AZ?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:14:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Would you rather live in Fargo, ND or Phoenix, AZ?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Poll
Question: Would you rather live in Fargo, ND or Phoenix, AZ?
Fargo, ND

Phoenix, AZ

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 79

Author Topic: Would you rather live in Fargo, ND or Phoenix, AZ?  (Read 5207 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 19, 2014, 11:26:13 AM »

In addition to being preferable in virtually every way, including being less of a sprawly suburban mess, Fargo also has better weather.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 12:04:52 PM »

fargo.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 12:28:10 PM »

In addition to being preferable in virtually every way, including being less of a sprawly suburban mess, Fargo also has better weather.

I think most people prefer the weather in Phoenix to Fargo.  Plus, if you live in Phoenix, you have a short drive to the mountains or the beach for a few weekends in the summer.  You can't really escape the cold in Fargo during the winter. 

In terms of the sprawl, who is making you live in Gilbert or Buckeye?  If you live in Phoenix, you don't necessarily spend any time in those sprawly suburbs.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 12:31:25 PM »

Fargo (normal).
Fed. Pac. Chairman Devin
Devin
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 01:23:06 PM »

Fargo.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2014, 01:23:46 PM »

Lean Phoenix
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2014, 01:34:54 PM »

Phoenix
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2014, 02:16:40 PM »

I think most people prefer the weather in Phoenix to Fargo.  Plus, if you live in Phoenix, you have a short drive to the mountains or the beach for a few weekends in the summer.  You can't really escape the cold in Fargo during the winter. 

In terms of the sprawl, who is making you live in Gilbert or Buckeye?  If you live in Phoenix, you don't necessarily spend any time in those sprawly suburbs.

Phoenix itself is also a sprawly mess that contains many very un-urban parts, much like Jacksonville.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2014, 02:23:53 PM »

The one that isn't Phoenix.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2014, 02:26:10 PM »

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2014, 02:39:03 PM »

Might I also point out that the Cass County Sheriff is no doubt an asshole, he's not Joe Arpaio.

And seriously, Joe Arpaio alone is enough reason not to live in Maricopa County. His violations of due process, civil liberties, and human rights are horrific and not something I want to ever have the possibility of being the victim of.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2014, 02:41:35 PM »

Fargo.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2014, 02:46:04 PM »

Phoenix itself is also a sprawly mess that contains many very un-urban parts, much like Jacksonville.

I know, I've been there many times.  I was more referring to central Phoenix, Scottsdale and Tempe around ASU.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2014, 02:48:30 PM »

North Dakota= BRTD's homestate
So Fargo
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2014, 02:51:11 PM »

I know, I've been there many times.  I was more referring to central Phoenix, Scottsdale and Tempe around ASU.

The Fargo-Moorhead area is actually surprisingly well designed in terms of public transit and walkability. This is mostly because the traffic layout makes sense, and you don't have hordes of roads to nowhere or to some random neighborhood with no reason to exist where it does instead of closer in. Not perfect obviously and has some bad areas, but you can ignore them. Downtown Fargo kind of reminds me of south Minneapolis (in the sense of Minneapolis south of where I live, not the entire south Minneapolis area) and it has all the cool independent stores and coffee shops too. Even West Fargo is pretty well connected to the main city and to find horrific sprawl you have to drive outside of the city limits or to exurbs that were rural towns without traffic lights when I was in high school.

And as noted above, you don't have to live with the possibility of being a victim of Joe Arpaio's never ending civil liberties violations.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2014, 03:20:18 PM »

Yep, that sums up my thoughts exactly.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2014, 03:26:47 PM »

The Fargo-Moorhead area is actually surprisingly well designed in terms of public transit and walkability. This is mostly because the traffic layout makes sense, and you don't have hordes of roads to nowhere or to some random neighborhood with no reason to exist where it does instead of closer in. Not perfect obviously and has some bad areas, but you can ignore them. Downtown Fargo kind of reminds me of south Minneapolis (in the sense of Minneapolis south of where I live, not the entire south Minneapolis area) and it has all the cool independent stores and coffee shops too. Even West Fargo is pretty well connected to the main city and to find horrific sprawl you have to drive outside of the city limits or to exurbs that were rural towns without traffic lights when I was in high school.

And as noted above, you don't have to live with the possibility of being a victim of Joe Arpaio's never ending civil liberties violations.

No, I agree that Fargo is nicer than one would think and I hate Phoenix too.  

I think Phoenix is probably better if you're outdoorsy, young or retired, or like warm weather.  Fargo is probably better if you're middle aged and like the cold.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2014, 03:46:21 PM »

lol lol lol, obviously Phoenix. 

How many people here would vote Siberia if it were the choice, or the Klondike? Half?
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2014, 03:48:56 PM »

Phoenix (sane)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2014, 03:56:20 PM »

Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2014, 04:03:14 PM »

How many people here would vote Siberia if it were the choice, or the Klondike? Half?

Duh. Both Siberia and the Klondike are superior to Phoenix. Well, maybe not Siberia for political reasons.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2014, 04:24:55 PM »

Duh. Both Siberia and the Klondike are superior to Phoenix. Well, maybe not Siberia for political reasons.

Ahh, they just can't take the heat. Tongue

I toured Arizona in 2007 and 2009 and loved it, actually. The politics is a little out there, yeah, but the natural beauty was unparalleled and the people actually quite friendly. North Dakota would be horrible weather and horrible politics.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2014, 05:32:58 PM »

Fargo of course.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2014, 07:02:20 PM »

What the hell is sane about living in an oven ran by Joe Arpaio?
Arturo Belano

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.43

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2014, 07:46:47 PM »

Definitely Fargo.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies