which ticket do you prefer (democrat only(
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:04:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  which ticket do you prefer (democrat only(
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ....
martin o'malley/dan malloy

joe biden/brian schweitzer

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 49

Author Topic: which ticket do you prefer (democrat only(  (Read 980 times)
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 19, 2014, 02:29:07 PM »

option 1 (sane).
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 02:32:25 PM »

option 2- I like Joe
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 02:33:30 PM »

you like someone who has been wrong on almost all major foreign policy issues of the past 30 years?
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 02:35:41 PM »

Meh- I'm not up to arguing the point right now.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 02:37:24 PM »

Meh- I'm not up to arguing the point right now.

i rest my case.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2014, 03:53:16 PM »

What was that in another thread about not being sanctimonious?
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2014, 03:58:02 PM »

Option 1, although I really dislike the fact that I'm on the same side as Mitty here
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2014, 04:07:15 PM »
« Edited: April 19, 2014, 05:16:19 PM by CrabCake »

Eh, both tickets have flaws (Option 1 would be painfully uninspiring and dullsville; Option 2 would be slightly more firey, but have a higher chance of going completely off the rails)

I think Biden/Schweitzer are superior candidates; and would have a higher chance of winning though.
Mordecai
Australia

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2014, 04:07:26 PM »

Biden is not bad, but he is too old.

Option 1, although I really dislike the fact that I'm on the same side as Mitty here
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2014, 05:01:02 PM »

Eh, both tickets have flaws (Option 1 would be painfully uninspiring and dullsville; Option 2 would be slightly more firey, but have a higher chance of going completely off the rails)

I think Biden/Schweitzer is better and would have more chance of winning though.

Yeah, basically this. Perhaps Biden/Malloy would be better.
Meursault
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2014, 05:04:57 PM »

I'm not a devoted Democrat, pun intended, but as I'll probably be in favor of the Democratic ticket year after next then option two, easily - not for any love of Biden, but because Schweitzer is closer to me on the big-ticket issues than practically anyone else in contemporary politics.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2014, 06:34:47 PM »

Option 2, by far.
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2014, 07:11:49 PM »

Option 2 without a doubt, because I like Biden and that ticket could actually win.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2014, 08:47:57 PM »

Both of those tickets are godawful, but if I had to choose, option 1.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2014, 05:39:53 AM »

I think Biden/Schweitzer is better and would have more chance of winning though.

Nah, if anything Malloy would be worse than O'Malley. Malloy has even worse approvals than O'Malley's OK-ish ratings. Plus he hasn't really had any signature legislation (apart from gun control), unlike O'Malley's record.

I like Schweitzer, but he may become a Palin like embarrassment on the national stage. Who knows?
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2014, 10:53:53 AM »

Nah, if anything Malloy would be worse than O'Malley. Malloy has even worse approvals than O'Malley's OK-ish ratings. Plus he hasn't really had any signature legislation (apart from gun control), unlike O'Malley's record.

I like Schweitzer, but he may become a Palin like embarrassment on the national stage. Who knows?
I dunno, one of the things that would detract from a good Biden ticket would be a Schweitzer pick, considering his awful speech at 2012's DNC, and that he's to blame for Montana going blue/red this year. A better choice would be Gillibrand or even Grimes. Biden doesn't need someone who's very experienced, he's been in office since 1974, so he can get away with picking a more inexperienced VP.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2014, 05:00:17 PM »

I dunno, one of the things that would detract from a good Biden ticket would be a Schweitzer pick, considering his awful speech at 2012's DNC, and that he's to blame for Montana going blue/red this year. A better choice would be Gillibrand or even Grimes. Biden doesn't need someone who's very experienced, he's been in office since 1974, so he can get away with picking a more inexperienced VP.

Was Schweitzer's speech panned then? I mean understand a personal dislike (that folksy schtick tends to grind), but I'm seeing nothing that it was genuinely disliked by people. (Although that whole senate thing was a whole bunch of skullduggery of epic weirdness.)

I don't think Grimes would want to surrender a Senate seat that quickly though (assuming she wins in 2014)... I think Gillibrand would make a good safe seat.
JRP1994

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2014, 08:20:53 PM »

Was Schweitzer's speech panned then? I mean understand a personal dislike (that folksy schtick tends to grind), but I'm seeing nothing that it was genuinely disliked by people. (Although that whole senate thing was a whole bunch of skullduggery of epic weirdness.)

I don't think Grimes would want to surrender a Senate seat that quickly though (assuming she wins in 2014)... I think Gillibrand would make a good safe seat.

Schweitzer is not the reason that Romney won Montana in 2012. Montana is an elastic state in which Obama dramatically over-performed in 2008 - 2012 was a reversion to the mean.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2014, 11:11:07 PM »

They're both alright.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2014, 05:59:34 PM »

Schweitzer is not the reason that Romney won Montana in 2012. Montana is an elastic state in which Obama dramatically over-performed in 2008 - 2012 was a reversion to the mean.
I think Guntaker was referring to him not running for senate this year, because apparently not wanting to be in Congress is a crime now
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies