do you dread going to work? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:49:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  do you dread going to work? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ...
yes

no

i look forward to work (inks and torie option)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 40

Author Topic: do you dread going to work?  (Read 1033 times)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« on: April 20, 2014, 01:51:43 AM »

Not anymore, most of the time. I've managed to psych myself into perversely enjoying the stress that comes with being expected to personally do the work of three people while supervising ~50 who are collectively expected to do the work of 100+

I've become quite skilled at managing, delegating, prioritizing, allocating limited resources, and rapid decision making. I treat it like a game I'm using to hone these skills so they can be better applied in the future. My front end is graded with quite a few metrics so there's kind of even a score. I do trick myself into having fun most of the time.

Honestly though my biggest motivation to go to work each day are my cashiers. They like me because I'm the only manager who treats them like human beings (and I'm also the only one who consistently shows up immediately when they need help). Others on my level just treat them like a piece of machinery. Sometimes I think about calling out but honestly whoever fills in for me is inevitably going to be ignoring people's breaks, enforcing pointless and unnecessary rules, making unreasonable demands of everyone, ignoring basic courtesies, and shifting blame down when things aren't done right. I hear a lot of rough stories from my two off days every week and I don't want to put people through that more than I have to.

So no I don't dread work. I dread missing it because it means a lot of people get treated like minimum wage slaves instead of actual humans and I can't stand that
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies