do you dread going to work? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:18:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  do you dread going to work? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ...
yes

no

i look forward to work (inks and torie option)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 40

Author Topic: do you dread going to work?  (Read 1041 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« on: April 20, 2014, 09:59:12 AM »

Yes (normal)

Unless you have full control over what you do and when you do it, I don't know how it's possible for any sane human being to enjoy being yelled at to perform an almost assuredly meaningless task for eight hours a day.

That explains a lot. Tongue

I find my job fulfilling, though I am not a hard worker by any definition. Bonus points for the access to good looking and creative women.

Have you considered switching your occupation?

I'm in the midst of a job search, and hopefully by summer there will be more spots open in my chosen field (education), which would be great because that would at least be a job in which I would have a much larger degree of autonomy than I do now as a wage-slave in a hamburger sweatshop.

For some reason I thought you had a union job. I wish you luck in your job search. What is your desired profession?

Unfortunately no. I am a union member (joined up when I did student teaching) and have worked one union job since (canvassing to raise the minimum wage) but at present, I am working as a hamburger flipper and have for the past five years. My degree is in high school education, specifically history, though I would like to do some union organizing before I settle down into something permanent, if I can ever find anything to that extent. I've been applying like mad for both union organizing and teaching jobs since January at least.

Yes (normal)

Unless you have full control over what you do and when you do it, I don't know how it's possible for any sane human being to enjoy being yelled at to perform an almost assuredly meaningless task for eight hours a day.

That explains a lot. Tongue

I find my job fulfilling, though I am not a hard worker by any definition. Bonus points for the access to good looking and creative women.

Have you considered switching your occupation?

I'm in the midst of a job search, and hopefully by summer there will be more spots open in my chosen field (education), which would be great because that would at least be a job in which I would have a much larger degree of autonomy than I do now as a wage-slave in a hamburger sweatshop.

For some reason I thought you had a union job. I wish you luck in your job search. What is your desired profession?

I'd say scab-buster! Cheesy

Now that would be a job that I could definitely do. Wink
Where would you like to Tech TNF? Kentucky, west Virginia or you re open for everywhere?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies