SENATE BILL: The Public means Public Act (Redraft Law'd)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:15:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: The Public means Public Act (Redraft Law'd)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: The Public means Public Act (Redraft Law'd)  (Read 12178 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: May 29, 2014, 09:03:03 PM »

But I think this touches on one of the major game reform issues facing us today. It's virtually impossible to tell what counts as a federal or as a regional issue.

Our side would probably say that is because the Feds have take over so much of what the Regions should be doing. Tongue

Well your side might say that, but that answer exactly what the regions should be doing.

At this point, the best approach would be divide up areas of responsbility and then have a limited federal reboot in those areas. I am fully willing to have a discussion on which ones that should be in particular. Certainly regulations of the public space should be considered as close to locally as possible here so thingsl ike this or the smoking bans  would count.

I'm certainly willing to work with you to get something like that done. Would this need to be a constitutional amendment, because I know some of the regional/federal divide are specifically written in the constitution?

No I have not forgotten about this post. Wink I just got delayed in responding to it.

I considered it some on Memorial DAy, but the nof course didn't get on the next day at all and didn't have much time last night. I figure that some of it could simply done by repealing certain laws and leaving or maybe encouraging regional action to fill those gaps, that would cover a signififcant amount of ground. Think like those omnibus repeal bills you have passed. Though getting them to be noticed is an issue.

For the rest and to some extent with the people noticing it problem, if we were to get a convention, it is something that could be addressed there obviously. Though my concern with a con-con is that if it lacks focus going in, chances are it won't produce anything.

There is also the concern that Tyrion have discussed over the past few days in this thread regarding the operation of supremacy on Regional laws that would have to be factored in with regards to determing whether a law or area of laws would need to be so repealed in order to facilitate this process.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #176 on: May 30, 2014, 08:33:24 PM »

Okay so where do we stand. We have to remove clauses 1 and 2 to get the President's support, correct?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #177 on: May 30, 2014, 09:22:54 PM »

Okay so where do we stand. We have to remove clauses 1 and 2 to get the President's support, correct?

Maybe we can replace it with a clause saying homeless people cannot be discriminated against in their use of public space and facilities?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #178 on: May 30, 2014, 09:40:05 PM »

What do you mean by that? I just want to ensure cities are not forbidden from keeping their streets clean and safe. I won't sign anything that restricts them or allows for panhandling and loitering all over this country.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #179 on: May 30, 2014, 10:06:33 PM »

It's not "all over", it's only in the ME/MW/PA, and it wouldn't be if they enacted IDS/NE-style housing laws.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #180 on: May 30, 2014, 10:12:53 PM »

What do you mean by that? I just want to ensure cities are not forbidden from keeping their streets clean and safe. I won't sign anything that restricts them or allows for panhandling and loitering all over this country.

I mean if a public space is open to people, it is open to homeless people as well.  If it is closed then it is still closed.  But if any city is going to try to restrict homeless people from entire sections of the city then that is discriminatory and a basic violation of rights. 
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #181 on: May 31, 2014, 09:53:57 AM »

I mean if a public space is open to people, it is open to homeless people as well.  If it is closed then it is still closed.  But if any city is going to try to restrict homeless people from entire sections of the city then that is discriminatory and a basic violation of rights. 

We are talking in terms of allowing people to establish a domacile (SP?) on public spaces. Of course they are allowed to visit these people like any other person, but the difference is that just like anyone else, they would present not be allowed to stay there permenently if such is presently a restriction. This bill would ban those restrictions.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #182 on: May 31, 2014, 09:55:19 AM »

It's not "all over", it's only in the ME/MW/PA, and it wouldn't be if they enacted IDS/NE-style housing laws.

Didn't you need to offer another amendment regarding your previous one's use of the word clause instead of section. I would recommend moving the clause in that case to maybe create a third section on applicability staying the above do not apply those regions that done X.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #183 on: May 31, 2014, 11:23:04 AM »

Didn't you need to offer another amendment regarding your previous one's use of the word clause instead of section. I would recommend moving the clause in that case to maybe create a third section on applicability staying the above do not apply those regions that done X.

If I said "Sections 1 and 2 do not apply to the IDS/NE", wouldn't that invalidate the whole bill for the IDS and NE? I think what everyone is calling "sections" here are more like clauses. I would be willing, however, to introduce an amendment to that effect (perhaps taking out the hateful parts of the bill, putting them in their own section, and then saying that section doesn't apply to  the IDS/NE)?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #184 on: May 31, 2014, 11:41:50 AM »

We are talking in terms of allowing people to establish a domacile (SP?) on public spaces. Of course they are allowed to visit these people like any other person, but the difference is that just like anyone else, they would present not be allowed to stay there permenently if such is presently a restriction. This bill would ban those restrictions.

Right. I'm not saying they aren't allowed to go in parks and the like, but I'm not about to allow them to set up homes, tents, or loiter/harass people on public streets.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #185 on: May 31, 2014, 01:05:14 PM »

But what about a non-discrimination clause instead?  There are some places that have tried to get rid of homeless from hanging out in downtown areas, even though others are able to. Would you support making such policies illegal?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #186 on: June 01, 2014, 07:48:11 PM »

If I said "Sections 1 and 2 do not apply to the IDS/NE", wouldn't that invalidate the whole bill for the IDS and NE? I think what everyone is calling "sections" here are more like clauses. I would be willing, however, to introduce an amendment to that effect (perhaps taking out the hateful parts of the bill, putting them in their own section, and then saying that section doesn't apply to  the IDS/NE)?

Okay now I am confused. Tongue Clauses 1 and 2 are the worst in my view if they are not limited, but the President also has issues with Section 2 so reorganization of the bill might be in order. I think.

What are you considering a section and what a clause herE?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #187 on: June 01, 2014, 07:52:24 PM »

Okay now I am confused. Tongue Clauses 1 and 2 are the worst in my view if they are not limited, but the President also has issues with Section 2 so reorganization of the bill might be in order. I think.

What are you considering a section and what a clause herE?

Original text:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The things labeled "Section 1", "Section 2", etc. are sections. The little numbered points in them are clauses. My amendment limited clauses 1 and 2 of section 1 to the MW/ME/PA to mollify you folks.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #188 on: June 01, 2014, 08:10:04 PM »

Forget what I said about Duke and Section II, I was thinking of something else. For some reason I though there was a loitering clause in that as well.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #189 on: June 02, 2014, 06:57:19 PM »

Quote from: Restricted

Just in case Alfred posting the original text as part of his example confused anyone. Wink
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #190 on: June 02, 2014, 07:20:51 PM »

Thx bby u no ily 5ever
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #191 on: June 03, 2014, 03:33:34 AM »

Would the opposition support a bill that allowed homeless people to sleep or whatever in municipally-administered parks (i.e., not state or federally administered parks)?
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #192 on: June 03, 2014, 06:08:26 AM »

Where are federal parks located? My hunch was that they were all in rural areas like Yosemite or Yellowstone, so I don't see how an amendment only legalising loitering there would actually help the homeless.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #193 on: June 03, 2014, 07:09:55 PM »

Would the opposition support a bill that allowed homeless people to sleep or whatever in municipally-administered parks (i.e., not state or federally administered parks)?

As long as such a standard does not apply to those regions that have responsible policies for the homeless. Tongue

You would have to ask the President what his thoughts are on the option, thoguh probably the same as before.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #194 on: June 05, 2014, 08:48:20 PM »

So what are we doing here?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #195 on: June 06, 2014, 05:06:57 AM »

Should we have a vote or do some people still have concerns?
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #196 on: June 06, 2014, 06:13:47 AM »

Ok, I think this is more likely to pass.

TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #197 on: June 06, 2014, 09:33:09 AM »

Amendment is friendly.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #198 on: June 06, 2014, 03:01:24 PM »
« Edited: June 07, 2014, 03:41:35 PM by Cincinnatus »

Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #199 on: June 07, 2014, 03:41:21 PM »

Amendment 61:45 has been adopted with no objections.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies