SENATE BILL: The Public means Public Act (Redraft Law'd)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:53:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: The Public means Public Act (Redraft Law'd)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: The Public means Public Act (Redraft Law'd)  (Read 12081 times)
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: May 20, 2014, 07:01:03 PM »

AYE
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #101 on: May 21, 2014, 08:30:00 AM »

NAY
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #102 on: May 21, 2014, 08:34:41 AM »

Nay.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #103 on: May 21, 2014, 09:52:27 AM »

Nay

But I think this touches on one of the major game reform issues facing us today. It's virtually impossible to tell what counts as a federal or as a regional issue.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #104 on: May 21, 2014, 10:33:18 AM »

Aye
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #105 on: May 21, 2014, 12:21:33 PM »

Aye.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #106 on: May 21, 2014, 06:14:37 PM »

But I think this touches on one of the major game reform issues facing us today. It's virtually impossible to tell what counts as a federal or as a regional issue.

Our side would probably say that is because the Feds have take over so much of what the Regions should be doing. Tongue
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #107 on: May 21, 2014, 07:34:42 PM »

Nay - public is public, and that applies to regions as well.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #108 on: May 22, 2014, 10:18:50 AM »

Our side would probably say that is because the Feds have take over so much of what the Regions should be doing. Tongue

The Regions should be doing nothing because the Regions should not exist.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #109 on: May 22, 2014, 11:14:07 AM »

Well your side might say that, but that answer exactly what the regions should be doing.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #110 on: May 22, 2014, 07:21:43 PM »

Well your side might say that, but that answer exactly what the regions should be doing.

At this point, the best approach would be divide up areas of responsbility and then have a limited federal reboot in those areas. I am fully willing to have a discussion on which ones that should be in particular. Certainly regulations of the public space should be considered as close to locally as possible here so thingsl ike this or the smoking bans  would count.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #111 on: May 22, 2014, 07:22:33 PM »

The Regions should be doing nothing because the Regions should not exist.

Ah, no.   Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #112 on: May 22, 2014, 07:24:25 PM »

Yes and a community that is built on tourism should be able to make decisions for themselves on that regard and differently from one that isn't. I highlight doubt a simple majority in Nyman can best tell them how their public space is to be regulated when we don't have to consider their economic needs for one as well as others.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #113 on: May 22, 2014, 07:52:13 PM »

At this point, the best approach would be divide up areas of responsbility and then have a limited federal reboot in those areas. I am fully willing to have a discussion on which ones that should be in particular. Certainly regulations of the public space should be considered as close to locally as possible here so thingsl ike this or the smoking bans  would count.

I'm certainly willing to work with you to get something like that done. Would this need to be a constitutional amendment, because I know some of the regional/federal divide are specifically written in the constitution?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #114 on: May 23, 2014, 05:12:43 AM »

Yes and a community that is built on tourism should be able to make decisions for themselves on that regard and differently from one that isn't. I highlight doubt a simple majority in Nyman can best tell them how their public space is to be regulated when we don't have to consider their economic needs for one as well as others.

Call me crazy, but I think you shouldn't be banned from a certain place because your needs are less important than other people's wants.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #115 on: May 23, 2014, 08:15:13 AM »

Nay

Call me crazy, but I think you shouldn't be banned from a certain place because your needs are less important than other people's wants.

Indeed.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #116 on: May 23, 2014, 04:05:47 PM »

Vote on the Amendment 61:25 by Goldwater:

Aye (5): shua, Yankee, Goldwater, DC, and Lumine
Nay (5): TNF, Alfred, bore, Griffin, and Tyrion
Abstain (0):

Didn't Vote (0):

The vote is tied.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #117 on: May 23, 2014, 05:32:46 PM »

Nay
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #118 on: May 23, 2014, 07:12:34 PM »
« Edited: May 23, 2014, 07:16:39 PM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Indeed.
Even if what you define as a want is a multi-billion dollar industry that employs thousands of people? Roll Eyes Sounds like a great way to create more homeless people if you ask me. Why are we forcing communities to have to eat a loss of money and jobs potentially, when two of our regions are now providing for this problem in a far more effective manner and another section of this bill further facilitates that effort. Roll Eyes
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #119 on: May 23, 2014, 07:20:05 PM »

And Tyrion, refresh my memory, did you or did you not vote in favor of instituting a federal ban on communities enacting smoking bans when TNF pushed for that a few months ago? If so, where was the concern about putting people's wants ahead of other people's needs then? Tongue
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #120 on: May 23, 2014, 08:50:47 PM »

Indeed.
Even if what you define as a want is a multi-billion dollar industry that employs thousands of people? Roll Eyes Sounds like a great way to create more homeless people if you ask me. Why are we forcing communities to have to eat a loss of money and jobs potentially, when two of our regions are now providing for this problem in a far more effective manner and another section of this bill further facilitates that effort. Roll Eyes

Are those regions giving the homeless free housing? Because I support the eradication of homelessness; I'm just saying we should be nice to them as we work towards that goal.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #121 on: May 23, 2014, 09:09:47 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=191204.0
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #122 on: May 23, 2014, 09:11:20 PM »

Why should my region have to sacrifice its tourism industry when we are taking care of the homeless by actually giving them an apartment which is better than a national park and/or beach? Tongue
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #123 on: May 23, 2014, 09:14:17 PM »

Why should my region have to sacrifice its tourism industry when we are taking care of the homeless by actually giving them an apartment which is better than a national park and/or beach? Tongue

When did I say they shouldn't have an apartment? Wink See, I can type a semicolon, too.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #124 on: May 24, 2014, 07:31:08 AM »

That is not what this bill does. It requires us in the IDS to turn our parks into Hoovervilles eventhough we are already providing apartments.

It doesn't matter whether there is a semicolon or not, Alfred.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies