Captain Planet solves The Troubles
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:33:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Captain Planet solves The Troubles
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Captain Planet solves The Troubles  (Read 611 times)
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 20, 2014, 02:58:25 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQJrovKgrTw

I showed this to Oakvale and Gully on IRC; neither were able to handle it.
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 03:05:22 PM »

As an Ex Catholic who is from Belfast, let me clarify that a crappy 80's Cartoon show by Ted Turner is not an accurate representation of Catholic/Protestant relations in the city. Shocking news, I know.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 03:07:46 PM »

As an Ex Catholic who is from Belfast, let me clarify that a crappy 80's Cartoon show by Ted Turner is not an accurate representation of Catholic/Protestant relations in the city. Shocking news, I know.

All I needed to know.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 07:04:20 PM »

I most certainly did not need the explanation to know that.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 07:47:17 PM »

Wait? You mean thirty years of war can't be solved by Ted Turner?!?!?

🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2014, 11:45:30 PM »

So wait, everyone in Belfast died of nuclear explosion and radiation except those random dudes who got into a fight and then looked for the other bomb?  Captain Planet and the kids are kind of bad at their job.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2014, 08:47:58 AM »

There's no such thing as "Ex Catholics" from Belfast.
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2014, 08:51:58 AM »

There are, NI isn't still in the Troubles, there are such things as Ex Catholics.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2014, 09:03:54 AM »

There are, NI isn't still in the Troubles, there are such things as Ex Catholics.

Hi BRTD.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2014, 03:17:35 PM »

Hi BRTD.

Actually my insistence has mostly been at people who actually seem to believe there are no ex-Catholics in the US which based on polling is simply preposterous and downright absurd. People who identify as ex-Catholics are extremely numerous in the US. But his points about the Troubles being over is completely valid and I'm glad to see someone take this position.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2014, 03:28:23 PM »

How does that old joke end again? Ah yes. "Are you a Prod Jew or a Taig Jew?"

Segregation between the two 'communities' (what a ridiculous word in this context) is actually more marked than it was during the civil war.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2014, 04:39:21 PM »

Segregation between the two 'communities' (what a ridiculous word in this context) is actually more marked than it was during the civil war.

Yes. This.

Guntaker may think of himself as an 'ex-catholic' for all political and 'community' purposes (and that's what matters in NI, this has nothing to do with religion) there's no 'ex' to it. (I might believe otherwise if Guntaker indicated an interest in voting for the DUP or UUP).

BRTD, I never said anything about religious identification in the US.
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2014, 04:44:06 PM »

Yes. This.

Guntaker may think of himself as an 'ex-catholic' for all political and 'community' purposes (and that's what matters in NI, this has nothing to do with religion) there's no 'ex' to it. (I might believe otherwise if Guntaker indicated an interest in voting for the DUP or UUP).
I think you misunderstood me here, I am an ex catholic in the sense that I used to be a Catholic, but now I'm an athiest, I'm still a Liberal and wouldn't vote for either the DUP or UUP (As both of them are arses), though I'm a tiny bit more relegated in Dissolution than people I know.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2014, 04:48:49 PM »

What about this one?
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2014, 04:51:40 PM »

What about this one?
Alright, that was hilarious. Tongue
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2014, 04:52:57 PM »

Yes. This.

I think you misunderstood me here, I am an ex catholic in the sense that I used to be a Catholic, but now I'm an athiest, I'm still a Liberal and wouldn't vote for either the DUP or UUP (As both of them are arses), though I'm a tiny bit more relegated in Dissolution than people I know.

Oh, so then for political purposes you are essentially a Catholic. Right, cleared that up then.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies