Time to drop Warren from DEM polling, insists she's not running
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 10:35:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Time to drop Warren from DEM polling, insists she's not running
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Time to drop Warren from DEM polling, insists she's not running  (Read 2456 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2014, 10:57:46 PM »

Warren won't run because she knows liberals don't vote for liberals. The establishment would never let a true liberal be the nominee.

Definitely. Which is why the last Democratic nominees were right-wing blue dogs John Kerry and Barack Obama.
Well to be fair, Kerry '04 wasn't Bush, and Obama was campaigning at Mr. Change. If Hillary gets the nomination in 2016 I can't think of any excuse for her supports who still claim to be liberals.

Because despite being a centrist, Hillary will advance liberalism more than electing a Republican would.
Ted Cruz is more liberal than Hilary

Please elaborate. This should be good.
Ted Cruz doesn't like NDAA. Clinton likes it. Thus Cruz is more liberal.

So in other words, you're saying Ted Cruz and Tom Coburn are more liberal than Elizabeth Warren and Tammy Baldwin. lol
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2014, 12:56:29 AM »

Warren won't run because she knows liberals don't vote for liberals. The establishment would never let a true liberal be the nominee.

Definitely. Which is why the last Democratic nominees were right-wing blue dogs John Kerry and Barack Obama.
Well to be fair, Kerry '04 wasn't Bush, and Obama was campaigning at Mr. Change. If Hillary gets the nomination in 2016 I can't think of any excuse for her supports who still claim to be liberals.

Because despite being a centrist, Hillary will advance liberalism more than electing a Republican would.

So in other words, you're saying Ted Cruz and Tom Coburn are more liberal than Elizabeth Warren and Tammy Baldwin. lol
No because Warren is more liberal on issues than Cruz. Cruz, however, is more liberal on issues than Clinton.

You used solely the NDAA vote as "evidence" that Cruz was more liberal than Clinton. By that same single issue metric, Cruz and Coburn and more liberal than Warren and Baldwin.

Stop trolling.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2014, 05:24:25 AM »

No because Warren is more liberal on issues than Cruz. Cruz, however, is more liberal on issues than Clinton.

You used solely the NDAA vote as "evidence" that Cruz was more liberal than Clinton. By that same single issue metric, Cruz and Coburn and more liberal than Warren and Baldwin.

Stop trolling.
Vonurn voted for NDAA, Baldwin voted no, and Cruz and Warren never had a chance to vote for it
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2014, 06:38:17 AM »

Lol, never EVER remove someone from consideration in an open scenario.

Obama swore until he was blue in the face until like... 3 months before he announced... Clinton said in 2003 she absolutely was not running, but ... she actually got very close, same with Gore.

2012 with Christie... same deal.

I think at this point in the game you're in either in or you're out... unless you're a front-runner where you can be a little vague.

Warren is likely out, but I still think she's doing enough to support the mid-term campaign (much like Obama in 2006) and waiting until after the mid-terms... either she's able to say "I always said I wasn't running" or "I've reconsidered and realised" etc etc
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2014, 08:06:39 AM »

Warren voted for NDAA. I checked the list like 5 days ago
http://ballotpedia.org/Elizabeth_Warren
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2014, 01:11:13 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Defense_Authorization_Act_for_Fiscal_Year_2014
Mordecai
Australia

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2014, 02:35:26 PM »

She's certainly in the best position to preserve Obama's changes. I don't get why liberals would want to throw that away. This idea of Hillary not being liberal enough brings back memories of 2000.
whanztastic
Rookie

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2014, 04:51:36 PM »

She's certainly in the best position to preserve Obama's changes. I don't get why liberals would want to throw that away. This idea of Hillary not being liberal enough brings back memories of 2000.

Most liberals don't.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies