Employer-Provided Health Plans' Days are Numbered, Thanks to Obamacare
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:13:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Employer-Provided Health Plans' Days are Numbered, Thanks to Obamacare
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Employer-Provided Health Plans' Days are Numbered, Thanks to Obamacare  (Read 256 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 03, 2014, 05:04:43 PM »

Envisioning the End of Employer-Provided Health Plans

MAY 1, 2014
Neil Irwin

The days of Americans getting health insurance through their employers may be numbered — and the change could be just as profound as the shift of employers forcing employees to manage their own retirement savings.

As the Affordable Care Act goes from thousands of pages of legalese to actual, real-life public policy, the future of employer-provided health insurance is one of the most fascinating questions. Will employers call for — and their workers accept — the practice of buying health insurance through government exchanges? How much will companies save, and will they pass those savings on to employees? Will it make workers more mobile and ready to shift jobs, or will employer-paid health insurance become a sought-after perk?

The answers go to the heart of how things work in a sector that is one-eighth of the American economy. A new report gives some hints of how large the impact might be.

By 2020, about 90 percent of American workers who now receive health insurance through their employers will be shifted to government exchanges created by the health law, according to a projection by S&P Capital IQ, a research firm serving the financial industry.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 05:50:20 PM »

I doubt it, but I can hope.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 06:29:34 PM »

By 2020, about 90 percent of American workers who now receive health insurance through their employers will be shifted to government exchanges created by the health law, according to a projection by S&P Capital IQ, a research firm serving the financial industry.

I don't have my own personal study saying otherwise or anything, but I really just can't believe that. Maybe it's just the Mississippi in me talking.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies