IL-Sen: Sen. Kirk re-opens campaign Facebook page (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:28:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IL-Sen: Sen. Kirk re-opens campaign Facebook page (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IL-Sen: Sen. Kirk re-opens campaign Facebook page  (Read 1580 times)
henster
YaBB God

« on: April 24, 2014, 07:15:04 PM »

I think the primary would be clear for Madigan should she run and I couldn't see her losing in a GE either. I think Reid/Obama/DSCC would lobby her very hard into running because she would have the easiest time winning. And apparently she was interested in 2010 but wanted the WH to clear the primary for her.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 07:33:01 PM »

As I mentioned before, my roommate, who is from Chicago and has some political connections, seems to think Madigan is set on Governor instead of Senate, and that she doesn't want to go to Washington. Whether it's what happens is another story, but that's what he thinks.

If she wanted the Governorship she would have ran this year and defeated Quinn in the primary when he is as weak as he is now. I think one of the reasons she passed on being Governor is that she was interested in the Senate seat in 2016. Otherwise she would have to hedge her chances that either Quinn is still Governor by 2018 and is termed out or Rauner is Governor and is unpopular which is not guaranteed.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 08:53:34 PM »

Her father would die in office for Lisa to be Governor.

Springfield is much better than DC.

Being a Senator is much easier than being Governor especially a state in such poor shape as IL is. I'm not sure why she would  like being a Governor more than a Senator and she wouldn't have to deal with her father in DC.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 01:50:41 PM »

Duckworth is a backup candidate in case Madigan doesn't run but she would no trouble beating Kirk either.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies