Austria parliament election districts of 1911 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:02:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Austria parliament election districts of 1911 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Austria parliament election districts of 1911  (Read 1593 times)
Enno von Loewenstern
Rookie
« on: April 21, 2014, 09:27:45 PM »

I'm reading The Sleepwalkers about the origins of World War One, and am becoming fascinated with the Austro-Hungarian Empire.  Has anyone found any link to maps of the Cisleithian (the area ruled by Vienna at the time) election districts used in the 1911 elections.

Maybe this link can help: http://austria-forum.org/ebook/wbin/ambrosius.html#pagenum=201&layer=default1&pageid=00000201&thumbview=2p&book=Lehrbuch/Historischer_Atlas_Oesterreich
Enno von Loewenstern
Rookie
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 05:04:51 AM »

Yes, this one.

The "Historical Atlas of Austria" is one of the best things out there to read. It was one of my study books for history/political science in high school, but I don't have it anymore (it technically belonged to the school, because this thing cost about 50€ (70$).

Data for pre-WW1 elections is very rare anyway, you can find overall results - but hardly any in-depth data.

For elections after WW1, there are several brochures by the Ministry of the Interior:

http://www.bmi.gv.at/cms/BMI_wahlen/nationalrat/NRW_History.aspx

Do you know if there are maps of the correlations between the former constituencies and their results and today's voting behavior on the former Austro-Hungarian Empire territory? Like in Poland, where the former German Empire in someway still survives today?

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies