Leave of Absence
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:19:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Leave of Absence
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Leave of Absence  (Read 821 times)
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 21, 2014, 07:23:02 PM »

For the next month or so, I probably won't be able to post on here or the Forum at large (or at least in a significantly reduced quantity than normal), seeing as I've got APs and have to study. Therefore, I am declaring a leave of absence from the Senate.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 07:25:25 PM »

RIP Alfred, RIP Senate
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 07:31:34 PM »

You should arrange for another Senator to keep you updated on votes/amendments, so you can participate in those during your LOA. I think that's what I did for a while.

Best of luck on APs though- It's that time of year for me too.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 07:43:23 PM »

This is in the wrong board and it doesn't give specific dates. Both are required in order to be covered from possible Expulsion/Impeachment Proceedings.

I couldn't live with myself if we lost your beautiful prose. Tongue
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 07:58:50 PM »

Your exams are more important than the game, but it's really sh!tty of you to announce this the day after the election.

The word of the lord, thanks be to Averroes.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2014, 08:02:30 PM »

Your exams are more important than the game, but it's really sh!tty of you to announce this the day after the election.

I actually agree with Nix on both counts.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2014, 08:32:18 PM »

Also I don't you are allowe to declare a leave of absence that extends to the end of the term.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2014, 08:49:13 PM »

LEave cannot last longer then 368 hours (about 16 days).

It also cannot last until the end of the term, announcing one that does is itself a grounds for expulsion as per Tyrion's amendment late last year.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2014, 08:53:44 PM »

Given that Goldwater "went on leave" and continued to post elsewhere on the forum, and then somehow got elected in spite of acting as little more than an empty-suit for the whole of his Senate term, I'm not entirely convinced that the Senate would even lift a finger to expel Alfred in the event that he was on leave past his due date. Tongue
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2014, 08:54:33 PM »

Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2014, 09:00:44 PM »

Given that Goldwater "went on leave" and continued to post elsewhere on the forum, and then somehow got elected in spite of acting as little more than an empty-suit for the whole of his Senate term, I'm not entirely convinced that the Senate would even lift a finger to expel Alfred in the event that he was on leave past his due date. Tongue

There wasn't clear legal standing to actually expel Goldwater based on the circumstance, unlike the clear standing for a leave of a "month or so."  I guess I'm not surprised, why should someone announce their obvious intentions before an election?  Somehow my optimism that came with Griffin's election has now subsided, as I'm not sure how much the few actually active Senators can accomplish until they give up.  On a personal note, good luck with your exams.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2014, 09:02:00 PM »

Goldwater didn't post on his leave. His leave was from the 11th to the 18th. The set dates given in the LOA. Just becaause he psoted it at the end of last month, doesn't mean it started then. That leave would have been illegal then for length reasons, just like Alfred's in that case.

What is with Laborites and these fing factually innaccurate narratives. Is there no concern anymore for truth? Roll Eyes
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2014, 09:04:24 PM »

This whole argument just makes me sad all around. I'm dying here.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2014, 09:06:23 PM »

Due to that pesky little thing I have called a "life outside of this forum", I will have to take a leave of absence starting on Friday, April 11th and ending on the next Friday, April 18th.

There is a blank spot from the 10th to the 18th in Goldwater's posting history.

I checked his profile numerous times and it said Last Activity the Tenth as recently as Wednesday or Thursday.

Goldwater also posted in the Senate up until the leave started.

So again what the hell are you and Snostalker talking about.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2014, 09:07:55 PM »

There wasn't clear legal standing to actually expel Goldwater based on the circumstance, unlike the clear standing for a leave of a "month or so."  I guess I'm not surprised, why should someone announce their obvious intentions before an election?  Somehow my optimism that came with Griffin's election has now subsided, as I'm not sure how much the few actually active Senators can accomplish until they give up.  On a personal note, good luck with your exams.

Clear legal standing? As I have said numerous times, his leave was 100% legit, valid and up to snufff with the rules that Tyrion wrote last year.  Of course there was no grounds fo expulsion. Roll Eyes

Where is this bs being spread around? Does anyone both to check anything anymore?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2014, 09:09:09 PM »

This whole argument just makes me sad all around. I'm dying here.

I'll be dead first at this rate.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2014, 09:21:31 PM »

How nice of you.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2014, 09:38:49 PM »

No I didn't. See Yankee's posts.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2014, 04:56:44 AM »

My, my, this is all very un-nice of you. I shall resign on the AFG board after my swearing-in (attempting to at least vote on legislation in the meantime) and get back to you gentlemen sometime in May.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2014, 05:18:26 AM »
« Edited: April 22, 2014, 05:20:11 AM by Senator Alfred F. Jones »

All right, gentlemen, I have been informed that I can resign* from this special term I'm currently serving, swear into my full term on the 2nd, and declare a LOA of about two weeks or so as my life becomes a living hell that only serves to prepare me for many more in the future, so I believe that is what I shall do.

Have fun and sorry Nix and Nick and Polnut for being so unbecoming of a Senator with regards to the timing of my announcement and the election and such things.

*How exactly do I do this, by the way? Do I create a thread? Do I make a mess of the perfect order of the swearing in thread? Do I consume the flesh of the innocent as they scream for mercy?
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2014, 06:57:04 AM »

Consume the flesh of the innocent
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2014, 08:42:24 AM »

Thanks, Mr. Possible Future President.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2014, 10:32:45 AM »

All right, gentlemen, I have been informed that I can resign* from this special term I'm currently serving, swear into my full term on the 2nd, and declare a LOA of about two weeks or so as my life becomes a living hell that only serves to prepare me for many more in the future, so I believe that is what I shall do.

Have fun and sorry Nix and Nick and Polnut for being so unbecoming of a Senator with regards to the timing of my announcement and the election and such things.

*How exactly do I do this, by the way? Do I create a thread? Do I make a mess of the perfect order of the swearing in thread? Do I consume the flesh of the innocent as they scream for mercy?

You can resign in the swearing in thread.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2014, 02:02:11 PM »

You can resign in the swearing in thread.

Thank you kindly.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies