Should I delete Update?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 05:30:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Should I delete Update?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Should I delete Update?
Yes, asap.

Yes, but only after some version of the thread is saved for the records.

No, lock the thread but don't delete it.

No, don't delete and keep it open.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 55

Author Topic: Should I delete Update?  (Read 1586 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 21, 2014, 09:33:08 PM »

Jeff has asked me personally to close it due to security concerns related to a Facebook controversy that many of you are probably aware of. I'm going to be pretty annoyed if I delete it and he starts a new Update in a month when all of this blows over (and let's face it, we all know he is going to do exactly that).

I do kind of feel bad about his name being tainted throughout the plains states though especially after things were just starting to look up for him (sort of).
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 09:36:35 PM »

I maintain that the Update is a positive force in Bushie's life. Whenever he closes it, his life goes downhill. It's a shame this mondale character wants to ruin it all for us, but we mustn't cower in the face of this assault. We must ban together and defend our Dear Friend.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 09:40:28 PM »

To be perfectly honest, I'm kind of leaning towards the second option at the moment so hopefully BRTD or someone else can save it in a .PDF or whatever.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 10:01:44 PM »

I don't envy the choice you have to make.

But we all know that Bushie is going to start Update again at some point, and it's annoying to lose entire threads.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 10:05:11 PM »

Save it and delete it. Hopefully the troll gets bored and stops, Bushie forgets, and we're back in business.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2014, 10:07:12 PM »

Save it and delete it. Hopefully the troll gets bored and stops, Bushie forgets, and we're back in business.

Yeah, I'm about 90% sure that's how this is going to play out in the end.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2014, 10:23:40 PM »

I can understand locking it (though with the latest developement, I wouldn't want it to), I thnk that makes more sense that deleting the whole thing.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2014, 10:53:36 PM »

Uh oh, looks like Inks just went ahead and deleted it himself. I hope somebody saved it.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2014, 10:54:21 PM »

Uh oh, looks like Inks just went ahead and deleted it himself. I hope somebody saved it.

I split it off and let Bushie delete it.  All of the original non-Update-but-Update-related posts are still there.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2014, 10:56:34 PM »

Sad I was in the middle of reading it
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2014, 11:04:04 PM »

For anybody who missed it, the latest revelation was that (spoiler alert!) Bushie's new job is apparently yet another call center...
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2014, 11:05:50 PM »

If you'd like a copy of the last season of update, please PM me. Inks is throwing a hissy fit so I won't post it here in the thread.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2014, 11:10:24 PM »

If you'd like a copy of the last season of update, please PM me. Inks is throwing a hissy fit so I won't post it here in the thread.

Not a hissy fit.  If you want to post it publicly, I won't stop you.  I just think the way you pretend to care about Bushie yet treat him as your source of personal entertainment is disgusting and reflects your character.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2014, 11:10:44 PM »

Thanks Lief, I was able to go to link you posted. I didn't really miss much, apparently. I wish I knew what that mondale guy was saying.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2014, 11:11:40 PM »

Is there anything he can do to get the troll to stop attacking him? Giving Jeff a hard time via the Forum is one thing ... creating Facebook pages and posting things on alumni websites is entirely different. I'm at a loss as to what his options are ... and maybe he can't do anything.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2014, 11:12:50 PM »

Is there anything he can do to get the troll to stop attacking him? Giving Jeff a hard time via the Forum is one thing ... creating Facebook pages and posting things on alumni websites is entirely different. I'm at a loss as to what his options are ... and maybe he can't do anything.

Not really.  He's just posting links to information that Bushie publicly posted.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2014, 11:13:50 PM »
« Edited: April 21, 2014, 11:16:06 PM by D-MOcrat »

Not a hissy fit.  If you want to post it publicly, I won't stop you.  I just think the way you pretend to care about Bushie yet treat him as your source of personal entertainment is disgusting and reflects your character.

Not to go off on another tangent, but since the thread is now gone: why did you edit my last post in Update? I didn't see anything that appeared to have been changed, but it had your edit mark on it (and your confirmation of who was doing it to Bushie was also gone).
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2014, 11:16:05 PM »

Not a hissy fit.  If you want to post it publicly, I won't stop you.  I just think the way you pretend to care about Bushie yet treat him as your source of personal entertainment is disgusting and reflects your character.

Not to go off on another tangent, but since the thread is now gone: why did you edit my last post in Update? I didn't see anything that appeared to have been changed, but it had your edit mark on it (and your confirmation of who was doing it to Bushie was also gone).

Bushie had posted information sent in a PM; I merely edited your quote of his post, not any of your added content.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2014, 11:16:14 PM »

As I understand it, Bushie reported him to Facebook, and they did nothing.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2014, 11:16:26 PM »

Not a hissy fit.  If you want to post it publicly, I won't stop you.  I just think the way you pretend to care about Bushie yet treat him as your source of personal entertainment is disgusting and reflects your character.

Bushie had posted information sent in a PM; I merely edited your quote of his post.

Ah.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2014, 11:19:30 PM »

What happened on Facebook?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2014, 11:26:33 PM »

I kind of doubt anyone outside of the forum cares about or has even looked at the page. Only two people have liked it and they are both (ex-)forum posters.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2014, 11:26:33 PM »

Apparently Mondale made a page with about two views linking to the Atlas. Nothing more. As for Bushie, let him reap what he has sown. Let him reap it all, to the last.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2014, 11:29:53 PM »

Banned troll and repeat sockmaster Mondale84 set up a Facebook page that attacks Bushie with citations to Update threads.  He's also gone around to various other FB pages like the Oklahoma State alumni page and the Maisha Orphanage FB page, posting links to Update threads (it's still there on the Maisha page).
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2014, 11:31:08 PM »

How'd he get rid of it on the Oklahoma State alumni page?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies