Should I delete Update?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:53:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Should I delete Update?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Should I delete Update?
Yes, asap.

Yes, but only after some version of the thread is saved for the records.

No, lock the thread but don't delete it.

No, don't delete and keep it open.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 55

Author Topic: Should I delete Update?  (Read 1585 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2014, 11:35:21 PM »

It's still there on the Oklahoma State alumni page.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2014, 11:39:10 PM »

Holy mother of God, Mondale and I have like six mutual friends on Facebook... and then some of his have up to a dozen! (they go here, it looks like)! Truly, it is a small world that some of us live in.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2014, 12:13:18 AM »

For anybody who missed it, the latest revelation was that (spoiler alert!) Bushie's new job is apparently yet another call center...

Wait what?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2014, 04:51:01 AM »

Let it be. He's going to start a new one later anyway.
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2014, 05:19:04 AM »

Yes, for the love of god yes! Bushie is getting no help from you guys at all.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2014, 06:23:53 AM »

For anybody who missed it, the latest revelation was that (spoiler alert!) Bushie's new job is apparently yet another call center...

Wait what?

I second this question
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2014, 06:25:26 AM »

Holy mother of God, Mondale and I have like six mutual friends on Facebook... and then some of his have up to a dozen! (they go here, it looks like)! Truly, it is a small world that some of us live in.

Can you tell his RL friends to tell him to kindly cease his activities so we may all enjoy Update in serenity and peace?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2014, 07:29:35 AM »

Bushie may be the easiest target, but he's hardly the only poster who's shared enough here for this psychopath to stalk and to harass him. I don't know how much deleting anything will help at this point, but we should do what we can to protect him whether we believe that he deserves that protection or not.
Averroes is right once again.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2014, 07:43:34 AM »

Bushie may be the easiest target, but he's hardly the only poster who's shared enough here for this psychopath to stalk and to harass him. I don't know how much deleting anything will help at this point, but we should do what we can to protect him whether we believe that he deserves that protection or not.

If we delete threads over such threats, then the terrorists have won.

(kidding)
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2014, 07:51:10 AM »

Yeah, I think deleting all the threads, without any form of backup, would be wise, considering that Mondale is using them bully Bushie. Hopefully this kills Update for good.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2014, 08:13:13 AM »

Can you tell his RL friends to tell him to kindly cease his activities so we may all enjoy Update in serenity and peace?

The weird thing is, if Mondale is that kid from Portland, it took me 45 seconds to find his very public FB page and the kid has way more to lose in the way of a RL reputation......so why would he risk it?
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2014, 08:15:41 AM »

Get rid of it.....Bushie has been using it to get the attention he craves,and has underachieved because of it
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2014, 08:28:53 AM »

The weird thing is, if Mondale is that kid from Portland, it took me 45 seconds to find his very public FB page and the kid has way more to lose in the way of a RL reputation......so why would he risk it?

Because he figures that he hasn't done anything sufficiently embarrassing here, that would get him in any kind of trouble?  He clearly doesn't worry about us knowing who he is, given his public dare last year to work it out:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=170699.msg3659348#msg3659348
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2014, 08:32:43 AM »

Because he figures that he hasn't done anything sufficiently embarrassing here, that would get him in any kind of trouble?  He clearly doesn't worry about us knowing who he is, given his public dare last year to work it out:

Joe Republic knew who he was 6 months before that.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2014, 08:36:05 AM »

What could he lose Grumps, I don't understand.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2014, 08:38:26 AM »

Because he figures that he hasn't done anything sufficiently embarrassing here, that would get him in any kind of trouble?  He clearly doesn't worry about us knowing who he is, given his public dare last year to work it out:

All the moderators knew who he was 6 months before that.  Joe Republic worked it out, and posted his identity on the mod board in September 2012.  We know the real life identities of most of the chronic sockmasters.  They rarely try very hard to disguise themselves.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2014, 09:09:00 AM »

Because he figures that he hasn't done anything sufficiently embarrassing here, that would get him in any kind of trouble?  He clearly doesn't worry about us knowing who he is, given his public dare last year to work it out:

All the moderators knew who he was 6 months before that.  Joe Republic worked it out, and posted his identity on the mod board in September 2012.  We know the real life identities of most of the chronic sockmasters.  They rarely try very hard to disguise themselves.

Yeah, we know that there is a List (even though you guys deny it Tongue )   

Seriously though, this kid has much more to lose.  Which probably proves he is a loon.  Wink
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2014, 09:10:09 AM »

Someone please save all the old Update threads before Bushie goes on a deleting frenzy!!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2014, 09:12:41 AM »

Someone please save all the old Update threads before Bushie goes on a deleting frenzy!!

Xahar saved almost all of them sans Season XIII
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2014, 09:13:45 AM »

Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2014, 09:22:52 AM »

Looking at our mutual friends (six!) it strikes me that they would be the sort of people who might have a certain disdain, if a passive one, for the sort of middle American like Bushie. I say this if because I distinctly remember an episode with one such person, one of these mutual friends, who in a conversation with a girl from Oklahoma said to us "if it wasn't for people like [this girl], I'd completely think everyone there was hoplessly insane" and then the conversation turned to the Westboro Baptists and other such things.

The point is knowing the sort of people they come off as across, they'd find this all to be funny and self-validating. A strange use of one's time, yes, but there'd be nothing wrong in trying to expose Bushie's blatant hypocrisy and disgregard for any sort of self discipline or appeal to that effect. Which would be the reaction, I think, of any new reader, but people like that in particular, your Ivy Leaguers and the like of the sort that are able to pursue careers in dance in the like... I think the sort of person I am referring to is obvious. And frankly, I doubt they'd be wide of the mark. I've thought of doing such things myself.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies