Should I delete Update? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:41:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Should I delete Update? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should I delete Update?
Yes, asap.

Yes, but only after some version of the thread is saved for the records.

No, lock the thread but don't delete it.

No, don't delete and keep it open.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 55

Author Topic: Should I delete Update?  (Read 1642 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: April 21, 2014, 11:16:14 PM »

Is there anything he can do to get the troll to stop attacking him? Giving Jeff a hard time via the Forum is one thing ... creating Facebook pages and posting things on alumni websites is entirely different. I'm at a loss as to what his options are ... and maybe he can't do anything.

As I understand it, Bushie reported him to Facebook, and they did nothing.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 11:29:53 PM »

Banned troll and repeat sockmaster Mondale84 set up a Facebook page that attacks Bushie with citations to Update threads.  He's also gone around to various other FB pages like the Oklahoma State alumni page and the Maisha Orphanage FB page, posting links to Update threads (it's still there on the Maisha page).
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 07:43:34 AM »

Bushie may be the easiest target, but he's hardly the only poster who's shared enough here for this psychopath to stalk and to harass him. I don't know how much deleting anything will help at this point, but we should do what we can to protect him whether we believe that he deserves that protection or not.

If we delete threads over such threats, then the terrorists have won.

(kidding)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 08:28:53 AM »

Holy mother of God, Mondale and I have like six mutual friends on Facebook... and then some of his have up to a dozen! (they go here, it looks like)! Truly, it is a small world that some of us live in.

Can you tell his RL friends to tell him to kindly cease his activities so we may all enjoy Update in serenity and peace?

The weird thing is, if Mondale is that kid from Portland, it took me 45 seconds to find his very public FB page and the kid has way more to lose in the way of a RL reputation......so why would he risk it?

Because he figures that he hasn't done anything sufficiently embarrassing here, that would get him in any kind of trouble?  He clearly doesn't worry about us knowing who he is, given his public dare last year to work it out:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=170699.msg3659348#msg3659348
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 08:38:26 AM »

Holy mother of God, Mondale and I have like six mutual friends on Facebook... and then some of his have up to a dozen! (they go here, it looks like)! Truly, it is a small world that some of us live in.

Can you tell his RL friends to tell him to kindly cease his activities so we may all enjoy Update in serenity and peace?

The weird thing is, if Mondale is that kid from Portland, it took me 45 seconds to find his very public FB page and the kid has way more to lose in the way of a RL reputation......so why would he risk it?

Because he figures that he hasn't done anything sufficiently embarrassing here, that would get him in any kind of trouble?  He clearly doesn't worry about us knowing who he is, given his public dare last year to work it out:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=170699.msg3659348#msg3659348

Joe Republic knew who he was 6 months before that.

All the moderators knew who he was 6 months before that.  Joe Republic worked it out, and posted his identity on the mod board in September 2012.  We know the real life identities of most of the chronic sockmasters.  They rarely try very hard to disguise themselves.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 09:13:45 AM »

Someone please save all the old Update threads before Bushie goes on a deleting frenzy!!

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies