SENATE BILL: Reforming Atlasian Public Health Act of 2014 (Debating) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:40:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Reforming Atlasian Public Health Act of 2014 (Debating) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Reforming Atlasian Public Health Act of 2014 (Debating)  (Read 9927 times)
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: April 22, 2014, 02:06:29 PM »
« edited: April 22, 2014, 04:02:29 PM by Senator Alfred F. Jones »

I fully support this amendment. It's a shame that Atlasia of all places doesn't have single-payer.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 08:46:25 PM »

Aye, although I only skimmed through it and I'm not sure if TNF changed the titles to Atlasia-appropriate versions.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 12:18:31 PM »

Aye, although AFJ is right, we need to Atlasia-ify this

If it passes I'll introduce an amendment to do so.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 11:54:11 AM »

I hope the Vice President sees the correct course of action and takes Atlasia down the road to single payer health care.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 09:13:50 PM »

I'm confused. Did that new thing scrap the old bill or are we proposing creating an all new healthcare system?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 05:38:57 PM »

I'm still somewhat confused. Is this the whole bill now? Did we scrap the cuts proposed earlier? Shua's new proposal still seems pretty cut-happy to me. What even is the federal poverty line here, the same as in the US?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 10:58:21 AM »

Again, this could be my British parochialism speaking, but I'm deeply uncomfortable with people having to pay directly for any type of essential healthcare, whether they can afford it or not. The same is true for education.

If it were the case that the cost of the government providing healthcare for all was far more expensive than the alternative, I could get behind some sort of graded payment system, but I just  don't think that's the case. An atlasian NHS  would not be any more expensive, in fact it would probably be cheaper, and it just seems so much fairer.

I think what we originally had was a 100% free public option that basically served as an NHS, but then under Napoleon (and as IIRC my first vote in the Senate ever) we added a graded payment system up to where the richest paid 90% of the costs. It was a cost issue, I think.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2014, 06:04:27 PM »

Popping back in here to restate my strong dislike of this bill.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2014, 08:39:51 PM »
« Edited: May 23, 2014, 08:43:49 PM by Senator Alfred F. Jones »

Popping back in here to restate my strong dislike of this bill.

Yes, we got that the first time. Tongue

Just checking up - you're the busiest man in Nyman and I'm sure you forget things from time to time.

And I'm not entirely sure we should be letting people get better health care because they can afford it (i.e. private insurance). Do we have things on what the ANHP covers (which I assume would not change under either your proposal or Shua's) vs. a good private health plan? If they're the same, then that's good, but I don't want people getting better care than others because they can afford it (except perhaps things like cosmetic surgery). While I'm pretty sure that banning private companies from offering better care than the ANHP is a) maybe unconstitutional and b) guaranteed to go down in flames, I'm just saying that it's only slightly out of the range of acceptable proposals for my political views.

Tl;dr I'm coming from the same views as the banning-private-insurance people (at least, what I assume their views to be), but I don't support it at this time.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2014, 09:07:10 PM »

And I'm not entirely sure we should be letting people get better health care because they can afford it (i.e. private insurance).

You do realize that NHS, per what bore said, does that very thing.

Well, my opinion of the NHS has decreased a tad.

Do we have things on what the ANHP covers (which I assume would not change under either your proposal or Shua's) vs. a good private health plan?

What is ANHP?  Is that a plan under ANHC I would assume? If so, go back to page three and find a post by bore containing a bunch of links. Find the one that says "New National Healthcare Act and click it. You will then have a list of everything that ANHC covers right now.

The answer to your question is that it would not be possible to know right now because ANHC is a supplemental private model only, wherer as ours would be a parallel private model (private plans competing with ANHC). And I would direct you on my latest version of the outline, you look about towards the top and find a section that is presently empty, called: "Section 2: Mandated Coverage and Other Requirements". What do you think the purpose of that section is for? Tongue

I made the term "ANHP" up to mean the government plan and standards of coverage thereof (I was thinking of the Physicians for a National Health Program organization when I was typing that, you see), which I have looked at via Bore's link. It seems pretty good to me, although I think we could stand to cover transgender-related health services, but that's another story for another day.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2014, 10:01:48 AM »

I've got things to do IRL right now, so I'll go over the changes later, but I can stomach rich people getting better things like cosmetic surgery (though sometimes said surgery might not be totally unnecessary).
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2014, 11:11:27 AM »

I've got things to do IRL right now, so I'll go over the changes later, but I can stomach rich people getting better things like cosmetic surgery (though sometimes said surgery might not be totally unnecessary).

What happened to equality above all else? Tongue

Unlike a certain orange avatar I could name, I'm not actually a communist. I don't think you should get ten different nose jobs for free, but then we run into the problem of people who could actually need cosmetic surgery. I suppose we could have some board determine what's needed and what's not, but even I'm not that crazy.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies