Is this the worst post in the history of Atlas?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:50:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Is this the worst post in the history of Atlas?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 68

Author Topic: Is this the worst post in the history of Atlas?  (Read 10843 times)
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: April 24, 2014, 01:03:53 AM »

The mod team isn't on the same page on a lot of stuff, and quite honestly, NYE's thread creation and Oldiesfreaks's posts in the mines are probably not even in the top 10 of "important" issues.
Well, how about the aformentioned post, the one this thread is about? Shouldn't it at least be infracted or deleted?
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #126 on: April 24, 2014, 01:06:54 AM »
« Edited: April 24, 2014, 01:16:51 AM by Victorino Emanuel Ramirez III »

The mod team isn't on the same page on a lot of stuff, and quite honestly, NYE's thread creation and Oldiesfreaks's posts in the mines are probably not even in the top 10 of "important" issues.
Well, how about the aformentioned post, the one this thread is about? Shouldn't it at least be infracted or deleted?

I personally don't see an issue with it. It's most definitely immoral and disgusting but having disgusting opinions isn't infract-worthy. This definitely isn't anywhere near Link's borderline sociopathy to me. It's just something you'd hear the average socon zealot say.

I just brought up the mine spam because Inks said that it wasn't spam.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #127 on: April 24, 2014, 01:21:11 AM »

I've already given my thoughts on that post somewhere in this thread.  I don't care to go through it all again, so if you can't find it here, I know it's within the first page of my recent posts in my profile.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #128 on: April 24, 2014, 02:06:05 AM »

I've already given my thoughts on that post somewhere in this thread.  I don't care to go through it all again, so if you can't find it here, I know it's within the first page of my recent posts in my profile.

IIRC it was somewhere on the Atlas board itself.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #129 on: April 24, 2014, 09:17:03 AM »
« Edited: April 24, 2014, 09:29:47 AM by Torie »

Execrable posts as to the opinions contained therein unless in the bigotry category (or advocating the commission of a malum in se crime, to wit pugilizing women), are not infractible. Inks did a good job distinguishing the Link case. If someone wants to write a cogent brief to me as to why I made a mistake, including adducing precedents, I will take a look at it. But even if it influenced my decision making, it would be for cases in the future, not the past. Going back and infracting Oldies I think would be in the nature of double jeopardy. I am not going to do that.  

I find it fascinating as to how the tables have turned, and now the agitation is about infracting, rather than not infracting. Has that ever happened before?  Smiley
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #130 on: April 24, 2014, 10:04:07 AM »

Execrable posts as to the opinions contained therein unless in the bigotry category (or advocating the commission of a malum in se crime, to wit pugilizing women), are not infractible. Inks did a good job distinguishing the Link case. If someone wants to write a cogent brief to me as to why I made a mistake, including adducing precedents, I will take a look at it. But even if it influenced my decision making, it would be for cases in the future, not the past. Going back and infracting Oldies I think would be in the nature of double jeopardy. I am not going to do that. 

I find it fascinating as to how the tables have turned, and now the agitation is about infracting, rather than not infracting. Has that ever happened before?  Smiley

Oh, put the smiley face away. No one cares about the stupid infraction system. We just happen to be sick of you all standing by idly letting trolls devour what is left of the forum after banning all of the legends.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #131 on: April 24, 2014, 11:16:25 AM »
« Edited: April 24, 2014, 11:19:28 AM by Lіef »

Oh, put the smiley face away. No one cares about the stupid infraction system. We just happen to be sick of you all standing by idly letting trolls devour what is left of the forum after banning all of the legends.

This, exactly. I'd love for the infraction and moderation system to be done away with entirely. But if you little fascists are going to run around punishing people who actually contribute to this forum, and have for years, then we only ask that you apply the same rules to actual trolls who do nothing but degrade the quality of the forum.

Snowstalker received 14 death points last night for making a silly thread in the forum whose purpose is the posting of silly threads and then complaining that it was deleted; Oldiesfreak has received nothing for his constant trolling and his vile misogyny. King was put on mod review for a few dumb drunk posts that a lot of us found amusing; trolls like Krazen continue to post unabated. Legends like opebo are gone for posting things nowhere near as bad as Oldiesfreak's proposal to legally punish women for being raped.

If we must continue to live under these stupid rules that are destroying what made this forum so great, then at least apply them fairly and consistently.
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #132 on: April 24, 2014, 11:18:20 AM »

This, exactly. I'd love for the infraction and moderation system to be done away with entirely. But if you little fascists are going to run away punishing people who actually contribute to this forum, and have for years, then we only ask that you apply the same rules to actual trolls who do nothing but degrade the quality of the forum.
You can't really get rid of trolls without Moderators, how would this work exactly?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #133 on: April 24, 2014, 11:37:47 AM »
« Edited: April 24, 2014, 11:40:44 AM by Torie »

Some of you don't seem to get it. Posting opinions that are vile (as seen in the eye of the beholder or otherwise), is within the terms of use here. Sometimes, the ban bandwagon around here veers into something close to advocating censorship. That is not going to ever happen as long as I have any say in the matter.

As for being inconsistent (regarding bannings and other punishments as opposed to death point issuance, which yes, varies from Moderator to Moderator, and is inevitable), I respectfully disagree, and further point out that opebo's exit was really at the hand of Dave more than any other single person, and thus the fire volleys at the Mods might be missing the target a bit. Opebo's images were threatening Dave's business model as he saw it, and it would have taken a lot of persuasion in the Cave to get Dave to give opebo yet one more chance (which didn't happen of course, and I wasn't there to boot).

Anyway, vent away, if it makes some of you feel better. But it won't change anything other than that.

Thank you.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #134 on: April 24, 2014, 11:49:31 AM »
« Edited: April 24, 2014, 01:00:40 PM by Victorino Emanuel Ramirez III »

Do you guys honestly want the moderators to curate the GPG and similar threads? That strikes me as an awful idea.

I'm not advocating that at all. I just don't see why NewYorkExpress is being infracted while Oldies isn't for (essentially) the same thing. And since apparently Torie's the one who's doing the deleting in that case, I'd like to see his point of view on it.

I don't know about you all, but I just want consistent moderation. Either infract both or don't infract either of them. It's all I'm asking.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #135 on: April 24, 2014, 04:14:34 PM »

Some of you don't seem to get it. Posting opinions that are vile (as seen in the eye of the beholder or otherwise), is within the terms of use here. Sometimes, the ban bandwagon around here veers into something close to advocating censorship. That is not going to ever happen as long as I have any say in the matter.

As for being inconsistent (regarding bannings and other punishments as opposed to death point issuance, which yes, varies from Moderator to Moderator, and is inevitable), I respectfully disagree, and further point out that opebo's exit was really at the hand of Dave more than any other single person, and thus the fire volleys at the Mods might be missing the target a bit. Opebo's images were threatening Dave's business model as he saw it, and it would have taken a lot of persuasion in the Cave to get Dave to give opebo yet one more chance (which didn't happen of course, and I wasn't there to boot).

Anyway, vent away, if it makes some of you feel better. But it won't change anything other than that.

Thank you.

Being a rape supporter isn't Oldiesfreak's only problem, its the prolific spamming and trolling. Rochambeau was banned for less.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #136 on: April 24, 2014, 05:06:23 PM »

This, exactly. I'd love for the infraction and moderation system to be done away with entirely. But if you little fascists are going to run around punishing people who actually contribute to this forum, and have for years, then we only ask that you apply the same rules to actual trolls who do nothing but degrade the quality of the forum.

Snowstalker received 14 death points last night for making a silly thread in the forum whose purpose is the posting of silly threads and then complaining that it was deleted; Oldiesfreak has received nothing for his constant trolling and his vile misogyny. King was put on mod review for a few dumb drunk posts that a lot of us found amusing; trolls like Krazen continue to post unabated. Legends like opebo are gone for posting things nowhere near as bad as Oldiesfreak's proposal to legally punish women for being raped.

If we must continue to live under these stupid rules that are destroying what made this forum so great, then at least apply them fairly and consistently.

Fairness and consistency is for bores and prudes, Lief.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #137 on: April 24, 2014, 05:10:07 PM »

Thank you.

Being a rape supporter isn't Oldiesfreak's only problem, its the prolific spamming and trolling. Rochambeau was banned for less.

Rape supporter? Really?  And then trolling and spamming. All very nebulous. I feel like Oliver Twist, with his bowl out, asking please sir, can I have some more?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #138 on: April 24, 2014, 05:16:29 PM »

Do you guys honestly want the moderators to curate the GPG and similar threads? That strikes me as an awful idea.

I'm not advocating that at all. I just don't see why NewYorkExpress is being infracted while Oldies isn't for (essentially) the same thing. And since apparently Torie's the one who's doing the deleting in that case, I'd like to see his point of view on it.

I don't know about you all, but I just want consistent moderation. Either infract both or don't infract either of them. It's all I'm asking.

Doing the deleting in what case?
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #139 on: April 24, 2014, 05:33:25 PM »

In the case of NewYorkExpress's threads on OT. I'm assuming it's you, considering Inks has resigned (in all but name only) as an OT mod and Mikado is barely active. Since apparently Inks has stated his case, I'd like to hear your point of view on how similar Oldies' mine spam here is to NYE's thread spam on OT.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #140 on: April 24, 2014, 05:54:43 PM »

In the case of NewYorkExpress's threads on OT. I'm assuming it's you, considering Inks has resigned (in all but name only) as an OT mod and Mikado is barely active. Since apparently Inks has stated his case, I'd like to hear your point of view on how similar Oldies' mine spam here is to NYE's thread spam on OT.

I deleted quite a few of NYE's posts before I resigned, but I have no clue if Torie has deleted any since.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #141 on: April 24, 2014, 06:02:56 PM »

So many rumors, so much misinformation, so little time. NYE posted a thread that was reported with nubile women images that were almost certainly a copyright violation. I asked NYE on that thread, and by PM, to document that either they were in the public domain, or he had written permission to use them, or I would delete the thread in 24 hours, per Dave Leips' policy on copyright violation matters. NYE chose to delete the thread himself, so technically I have deleted nothing of his, but yes, I was the precipitating cause of that particular deletion. It had nothing to do with "spam," or "trolling," etc. Any other deletions were not made by me to my best recollection.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #142 on: April 24, 2014, 08:45:46 PM »

No, but ONLY because the Forum has a long, looooong history of posts at least as disgusting and braindead as this one.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #143 on: April 24, 2014, 11:53:38 PM »

If Oldiesfreak or Krazen had red avatars they'd be banned in a heartbeat.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #144 on: April 26, 2014, 10:12:20 AM »

It's not the worst post I have ever read. Some of the posts by StatesRights are much worse, especially the one in which he praises the institution of slavery and the one in which he advocates the U.S. to invade and take over the entire Middle East and slaughter innocent civilians in that region.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies