Is this the worst post in the history of Atlas?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:59:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Is this the worst post in the history of Atlas?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 68

Author Topic: Is this the worst post in the history of Atlas?  (Read 10899 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2014, 09:05:30 AM »

I think it might just about tie with my personal all-time worst, along very similar lines -

I'm sure most people who get abortions are sluts that don't want to/can't handle children and want to keep sleeping around. That's not right.

please diaf

OK, that was a bit harsh and uncalled for. I'll give you two options:

1) Try spending some time as a woman, see all the sh*t you go through every day, end up with an unwanted pregnancy for whatever reason, and find yourself discussing the possibility of an abortion. And then, let's see if you change your "views".

2) DIAF

And one of those reasons could be that she is a filthy slut. They don't want to be pregnant, just sleep around.

Or if she isn't a slut, then she made the wrong decision not to wait for marriage/a stable relationship.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2014, 09:30:21 AM »

Well, that post may be the worst "serious" post I have seen here. Criticizing it would be a misuse of one's time.

It also makes me think that the deluges and mines that we have here should be reserved for things like that, not just stuff someone is offended by or whatever. That post is a Fail.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2014, 10:08:42 AM »

Ugh. Horrible.

I've heard the argument that births in the case of rape or incest can be ... inspiring, the child may grow into something great, something beautiful can be brought into the world, yadda yadda yadda.

But, good lord, I've never heard that it somehow creates responsible rapists. Can you envision the ad campaign if HHS adopted this viewpoint!?
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2014, 10:24:11 AM »

I very much doubt that it is...
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2014, 10:27:57 AM »

Wonder how long before a Republican candidate says something along the lines of this.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2014, 12:05:12 PM »

To be fair, in large parts of the world this is how people think. When I was in India I read that a majority of rape complaints get withdrawn by the family after the rapist agrees to marry the girl. After all, in patriarchal societies the problem of a rape is not the violation of the woman's rights (because she doesn't really have any) but the damage done to the father or husband's valuable property.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2014, 12:22:17 PM »

I don't want to get infracted so I'll just say it's utterly, utterly and once again utterly disgusting.

Also, implying rape is, or "should be", primarily about "impregnation"... what the hell, kid?
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2014, 12:24:13 PM »

I don't want to get infracted so I'll just say it's utterly, utterly and once again utterly disgusting.

Also, implying rape is, or "should be", primarily about "impregnation"... what the hell, kid?
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2014, 12:26:53 PM »

To be fair, in large parts of the world this is how people think. When I was in India I read that a majority of rape complaints get withdrawn by the family after the rapist agrees to marry the girl. After all, in patriarchal societies the problem of a rape is not the violation of the woman's rights (because she doesn't really have any) but the damage done to the father or husband's valuable property.

That you're excusing the flagrant abuse of women and LGBT people with "cultural heritage" or something along those lines is disgusting.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2014, 12:27:00 PM »

What in the name of f##k
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2014, 12:32:12 PM »

That you're excusing the flagrant abuse of women and LGBT people with "cultural heritage" or something along those lines is disgusting.

Huh? I'm not sure how you got an endorsement out of that, I'm just pointing out a fact. I think it is important to remember that this is not a random bout of insanity from a strange kid on the internet. Since I know Atlas often struggles with 3+ syllable words, especially when it comes to gender issues, I thought it could serve as a useful reminder of the bigger picture.

I am certainly not the kind to excuse anything based on cultural heritage.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2014, 12:40:44 PM »

Huh? I'm not sure how you got an endorsement out of that, I'm just pointing out a fact. I think it is important to remember that this is not a random bout of insanity from a strange kid on the internet. Since I know Atlas often struggles with 3+ syllable words, especially when it comes to gender issues, I thought it could serve as a useful reminder of the bigger picture.

I am certainly not the kind to excuse anything based on cultural heritage.

I'l give you the benefit of the doubt.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2014, 12:42:11 PM »

I don't think Oldiesfreak is saying anything like that.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2014, 12:54:21 PM »

I don't think Oldiesfreak is saying anything like that.

I don't think he's saying anything close to a coherent thought, but I do think there is a similarity when it comes to not viewing rape as a crime against the woman's bodily integrity.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2014, 01:13:11 PM »

I have seen more disgusting posts and I have seen posts that were more devoid of any rationality, but I have never seen such an astounding combination of vileness and absurdity. So yes, by such measure it is the worst.

Hope it gets 10 death points and a warning that sh*t like that will get him banned, 'cause that's what this f**khead deserves.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2014, 01:24:12 PM »

Unfortunately, our esteemed moderators are too busy enforcing copyright law to get around to deleting Oldies' misogynistic trash.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2014, 01:26:50 PM »

Unfortunately, our esteemed moderators are too busy enforcing copyright law to get around to deleting Oldies' misogynistic trash.

Actually, it's been dealt a grand total of 0 infraction points. Let the drama ensue. Tongue
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2014, 01:27:59 PM »

Oldies' post is far worse and more sexist than anything opebo said.
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2014, 01:29:00 PM »

Actually, it's been dealt a grand total of 0 infraction points. Let the drama ensue. Tongue
No, let's not let the "drama" ensue, do your goddamn job. (Got worked up there, but what can you do?)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2014, 01:30:50 PM »

Oldies' post is far worse and more sexist than anything opebo said.

Yes, of course it is. Arguably worse than anything Link said as well, though that's closer.

Now I would never advocate for the ban of a non-moderator, but if the rules are to be uniformly enforced...
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2014, 01:47:13 PM »

Oldiesfreak is being somewhat justified by being just a dumb kid, but it's really bad.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2014, 02:00:37 PM »

Some people need to slap themselves and simmer down over this. I mean seriously? Yes, it's not a particularly good post, one which doesn't make much sense and could be construed as offensive to some people (although I highly doubt many of them are posting on Atlas). But, hell, its one post by someone whom none of us are likely to meet and who probably isn't a person of great importance (like the rest of us). I mean, there aren't any slurs in it, no swear words, in fact, there isn't even any real evidence of intended sexism. Come on, we all have an off day once in a while. Everyone should just calm down over this extraordinarily minor issue.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2014, 02:14:10 PM »

Yes, it's not a particularly good post, one which doesn't make much sense and could be construed as offensive to some people (although I highly doubt many of them are posting on Atlas).

It should be offensive to anyone who is a halfway decent person.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2014, 02:18:17 PM »

Yes, it's not a particularly good post, one which doesn't make much sense and could be construed as offensive to some people (although I highly doubt many of them are posting on Atlas).

It should be offensive to anyone who is a halfway decent person.

Well, it's a little distasteful, certainly. But I only take offense to hurtful comments aimed directly at me or people who I'm close to. I mean, try as I might, I just can't feel offended by this. Its not really my place to be offended by it.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2014, 02:21:28 PM »

No, let's not let the "drama" ensue, do your goddamn job. (Got worked up there, but what can you do?)

This isn't on my board, so I have no powers over it beyond what you have.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies