Is this the worst post in the history of Atlas?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:05:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Is this the worst post in the history of Atlas?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 68

Author Topic: Is this the worst post in the history of Atlas?  (Read 10904 times)
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2014, 09:07:08 PM »

Please let me clarify my statement.  If a woman becomes pregnant as a result of rape, then allowing her to have an abortion sends the message to her rapist that he bears no responsibility or consequence for abusing and impregnating her.  If the woman doesn't want the baby, then she should give it up for adoption and get the rapist out of her life.  And since many rapes go unreported, it's possible the rapist won't even face criminal charges.  So when the woman fails to report the rape, becomes pregnant, and has an abortion, then the rapist goes free while the woman is scarred for life.  It's not fair and it's not right, and it is, very simply, an exploitation of women.

Stop. Just stop now. You are digging yourself deeper.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2014, 09:08:55 PM »

I don't even understand what his idea of what is supposed to happen is. The rapist and the victim share custody of the child? The rapist is forced to take the child every other weekend? What the hell. And if the mother puts up the child for adoption, like Oldies suggests, what happens to the rapist? Does he have to give money to the family that adopts the kid? Beyond being disgusting, it's just such stupid nonsense.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2014, 09:09:19 PM »

No, no it's not.

Which should be more of a statement about how horrible this place really is.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2014, 09:10:07 PM »

Pretty awful indeed.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2014, 09:11:07 PM »

Could the mods get their mind together and ban oldies for once?
We banned Link for similar antics. Yet, mods don't even seem to want to infract him enough than he goes mute.

He posted much more insanity than King, yet, he wasn't muted yet.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2014, 09:27:45 PM »

We banned Link for similar antics. Yet, mods don't even seem to want to infract him enough than he goes mute.

King was never muted.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #81 on: April 23, 2014, 09:29:53 PM »

King was never muted.

He reached 50 points, which put him under mod control, the result being pretty much the same (we don't hear them anymore for a moment).
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #82 on: April 23, 2014, 09:39:27 PM »

King was never muted.

He reached 50 points, which put him under mod control, the result being pretty much the same (we don't hear them anymore for a moment).

Please point out to me the time that King made no posts for 5 days straight.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #83 on: April 23, 2014, 09:41:35 PM »

King was never muted.

Because it was removed/his posts were approved after he came back to himself.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #84 on: April 23, 2014, 09:45:44 PM »

King was never muted.

All due respect Inks, but legalese semantics aside, the point is that the mods clearly over-reacted to King's posts yet appear unwilling to give any infraction points for one of the worst posts the forum has ever seen (and that's really saying something).  Since Oldies has decided to double-down with his "clarification," you guys have a chance to fix your mistake by giving him a large serving of infraction points.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #85 on: April 23, 2014, 09:46:58 PM »

King was never muted.

What are you talking about?  We approved all of his posts while he was on mod review, and they showed up immediately upon approval.  It didn't have to wait for the mod review to expire.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #86 on: April 23, 2014, 09:50:12 PM »

King was never muted.

What are you talking about?  We approved all of his posts while he was on mod review, and they showed up immediately upon approval.  It didn't have to wait for the mod review to expire.

I'm aware. What I'm saying is than King drunken posts were enough to get himon mod review, why Oldies, which said much worse than King, isn't? It's a pretty simple question.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #87 on: April 23, 2014, 09:51:40 PM »

King was never muted.

No; the mods (including myself) approved his posts as they came in... all during his mod review.  There's a big difference between mod review and muting.  Mod review enabled the us to stop his spamming of the forum with sexually oriented material while he was intoxicated.  A muting would have been an overstep, but I think mod review was entirely appropriate, especially considering the content of what he was posting while under the influence.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #88 on: April 23, 2014, 09:55:21 PM »

King was never muted.

I'm aware.

Well, it didn't sound like it, since you said "Because it was removed/his posts were approved after he came back to himself", which doesn't make sense.  So I was just clearing that up.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Well, that I can't help you with, since Oldies pretty much never posts on my board.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #89 on: April 23, 2014, 09:55:52 PM »

King was never muted.

No; the mods (including myself) approved his posts as they came in... all during his mod review.  There's a big difference between mod review and muting.  Mod review enabled the us to stop his spamming of the forum with sexually oriented material while he was intoxicated.  A muting would have been an overstep, but I think mod review was entirely appropriate, especially considering the content of what he was posting while under the influence.

I'm not disapproving with putting King under mod review (I'm not part of the Lief crowd), I'm disapproving Oldies not being under mod review.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #90 on: April 23, 2014, 10:31:24 PM »

Let's not detract from the real issue - namely Oldie's abomination of a comment and an even worse "clarification"...
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #91 on: April 23, 2014, 10:40:48 PM »

I'm not disapproving with putting King under mod review (I'm not part of the Lief crowd), I'm disapproving Oldies not being under mod review.

Going back to October (I stopped there), there have been 2 legitimate reported posts of his (I'm excluding the general, "Oldiesfreak is banned from posting in __X__ mine thread", which I don't honor... same goes for BRTD; I don't infract for what people consider a "good" or "bad" post and don't plan on doing so).  So in 6 months, he's had 2 reported posts.  There's no such thing as a 25-point infraction, so I don't see how you have the right to complain when you (and anybody else for that matter) haven't even made sufficient reports to get him to 50 points.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #92 on: April 23, 2014, 10:41:53 PM »

I don't infract for what people consider a "good" or "bad" post and don't plan on doing so

rofl
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #93 on: April 23, 2014, 10:43:47 PM »

I don't infract for what people consider a "good" or "bad" post and don't plan on doing so

rofl

To my knowledge, I've never deleted a direct quote in a "good post" or "bad post" goldmine unless it dealt with a PM or was a repost of something that was subsequently infracted and deleted (or edited) in another thread.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #94 on: April 23, 2014, 10:44:37 PM »

Your entire "infractions for trolling" policy is entirely based on what you consider good and bad posts.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #95 on: April 23, 2014, 10:47:04 PM »

rofl

To my knowledge, I've never deleted a direct quote in a "good post" or "bad post" goldmine unless it dealt with a PM or was a repost of something that was subsequently infracted and deleted (or edited) in another thread.

We aren't talking of goldmines, we are talking about Oldies posts.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #96 on: April 23, 2014, 10:51:10 PM »

And no, we didn't ban Link for similar antics.  We banned Link for defending (and even "jokingly" advocating) domestic abuse of women; he even admitted to domestically abusing his significant other.  When he was given a warning, he continued to make inappropriate posts directed at females on the forum.  He was finally banned after ignoring multiple warnings and continuing to post blatantly misogynistic posts and advocating physical abuse of women.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #97 on: April 23, 2014, 10:53:10 PM »

Your entire "infractions for trolling" policy is entirely based on what you consider good and bad posts.

That has nothing to do with what I said.  I was talking about posts in Goldmines.

rofl

We aren't talking of goldmines, we are talking about Oldies posts.

I know.  Lief got me off on a tangent by taking my quote out of context thinking it applied to other things.

Anyway, I've explained why he's not on mod review... because nobody reports his posts, other than this latest incident, and I agree with the mod of that board that what Oldiesfreak said isn't infractible.  I certainly don't agree with his post, but I don't think it's crossed the line into what the mods should take action on.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #98 on: April 23, 2014, 10:56:59 PM »

And no, we didn't ban Link for similar antics.  We banned Link for defending (and even "jokingly" advocating) domestic abuse of women

Aren't Olides posts defending rape? If you want to follow Link precedent, you can give him a clear warning about stoping that kind of post, if you prefer.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #99 on: April 23, 2014, 10:59:45 PM »

= there have been 2 legitimate reported posts of his (I'm excluding the general, "Oldiesfreak is banned from posting in __X__ mine thread", which I don't honor

Just throwing this out there, nothing to get offended about...

How are Oldies' posts in the Deluge/GPG different from NewYorkExpress's Off-Topic spam? I don't see a difference between the two, besides the fact that Oldies limits his minespam to two threads.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies