Is this the worst post in the history of Atlas? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:20:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Is this the worst post in the history of Atlas? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 68

Author Topic: Is this the worst post in the history of Atlas?  (Read 11024 times)
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« on: April 22, 2014, 05:24:28 PM »

I'd argue Adam FitzGerald's Rainbow Dash>Bill Clinton post is worse, but as far as absolutely offensive stuff goes, this is #2.

TBF Rainbow Dash didn't murder a mentally retarded man for political posturing.

But yes, that is a horrific post on Oldies' part.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 12:26:53 PM »

To be fair, in large parts of the world this is how people think. When I was in India I read that a majority of rape complaints get withdrawn by the family after the rapist agrees to marry the girl. After all, in patriarchal societies the problem of a rape is not the violation of the woman's rights (because she doesn't really have any) but the damage done to the father or husband's valuable property.

That you're excusing the flagrant abuse of women and LGBT people with "cultural heritage" or something along those lines is disgusting.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 12:40:44 PM »

To be fair, in large parts of the world this is how people think. When I was in India I read that a majority of rape complaints get withdrawn by the family after the rapist agrees to marry the girl. After all, in patriarchal societies the problem of a rape is not the violation of the woman's rights (because she doesn't really have any) but the damage done to the father or husband's valuable property.

That you're excusing the flagrant abuse of women and LGBT people with "cultural heritage" or something along those lines is disgusting.

Huh? I'm not sure how you got an endorsement out of that, I'm just pointing out a fact. I think it is important to remember that this is not a random bout of insanity from a strange kid on the internet. Since I know Atlas often struggles with 3+ syllable words, especially when it comes to gender issues, I thought it could serve as a useful reminder of the bigger picture.

I am certainly not the kind to excuse anything based on cultural heritage.

I'l give you the benefit of the doubt.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 01:27:59 PM »

Unfortunately, our esteemed moderators are too busy enforcing copyright law to get around to deleting Oldies' misogynistic trash.

Oldies' post is far worse and more sexist than anything opebo said.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies