The Republicans need to expand the map. Here's my proposal. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:20:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  The Republicans need to expand the map. Here's my proposal. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Republicans need to expand the map. Here's my proposal.  (Read 4027 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: April 23, 2014, 02:45:16 AM »

I think the next time Republicans win they will win fairly big.  I am expecting Clinton to run and win in 2016 and I'm not sure there's much the GOP can do to stop that, except to pray that Obama falls toward 30% approval.  But 2020 could easily be reverse 1992, with the Midwest giving out all at once like the Upper South did in 1992:

This actually seems logical, if the Republicans don't expect that they will always be able to pull through down ballot, or at all, in Florida, be able to take North Carolina, Arizona and Georgia for granted and keep expecting a nominal initial advantage in Colorado, nevermind Nevada. Though the above map is a stretch if they think they could win Illinois. That's probably as possible as Democrats winning Texas or at least no more probable than Indiana, South Carolina and Missouri.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 11:15:02 AM »

If the Republicans expand the map into Michigan, Pennsylvania, Minnesota and lock up Ohio and make Democrats work hard for Illinois, then where will Democrats go?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 11:29:03 AM »

I agree. Winning enough electoral votes to win the White House is a foolproof strategy.
If the Republicans expand the map into Michigan, Pennsylvania, Minnesota and lock up Ohio and make Democrats work hard for Illinois, then where will Democrats go?
Canada

Really interested to see how these things work out.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies