WI-SEN 2016 - PPP - Johnson -6 against Feingold, +2 against Kind
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:59:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  WI-SEN 2016 - PPP - Johnson -6 against Feingold, +2 against Kind
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: WI-SEN 2016 - PPP - Johnson -6 against Feingold, +2 against Kind  (Read 1294 times)
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 23, 2014, 01:05:29 PM »

Link

Nestled in their new WI-GOV poll, PPP also tested out Ron Johnson's re-elects for 2016.

Ron Johnson - 41%
Russ Feingold - 47%

Ron Johnson - 41%
Ron Kind - 39%

Approval ratings (Favorable/Unfavorable):

Ron Johnson - 34/36
Russ Feingold - 46/36
Ron Kind - 20/18

For comparison:

Barack Obama - 45/50
Tammy Baldwin - 42/41
Scott Walker - 50/47
Mary Burke - 36/35
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 01:07:00 PM »

Always lovely to see a Feingold victory during the afternoon. Cheesy
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 01:10:08 PM »

Once Burke get's in, we should win this seat. Burke is only 3 pts back.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 01:14:07 PM »

Glorious news! Of course, the good people of Wisconsin will certainly throw this thug out in 2016 in favor of someone who shares their values.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 01:21:35 PM »

Ron Kind would be perfect I guess?
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 01:25:30 PM »

No, Feingold is, why would Kind be perfect? He's the one trailing 2.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 01:40:27 PM »

Still, nobody knows who Ron Kind is outside of WI-3 and that can be a good thing for him here considering how well he would do among rural and moderate voters. He is the New Democrat Chair, after all. Plus he's energized and is a lot younger than Feingold. It's time the WI Democratic Party stop with their desperate attempts to get Feingold for every statewide race in WI known to man. Any candidate can beat Johnson, but it will just require more work and time to get Kind's name out there. As much as people would like to see Feingold get his revenge on Johnson and get back in the Senate, I think he's done.
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2014, 01:42:42 PM »

Still, nobody knows who Ron Kind is outside of WI-3 and that can be a good thing for him here considering how well he would do among rural and moderate voters. He is the New Democrat Chair, after all. Plus he's energized and is a lot younger than Feingold. It's time the WI Democratic Party stop with their desperate attempts to get Feingold for every statewide race in WI known to man. Any candidate can beat Johnson, but it will just require more work and time to get Kind's name out there. As much as people would like to see Feingold get his revenge on Johnson and get back in the Senate, I think he's done.
Why should the WI Democrats dump Feingold? He's doing perfectly fine, and has the highest approvals to boot.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2014, 01:47:12 PM »

The perfect reason not to run him
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2014, 01:48:13 PM »

Why should the WI Democrats dump Feingold? He's doing perfectly fine, and has the highest approvals to boot.
If Feingold wants to run, I'm all for it, but I'm just saying Feingold might not be in for it and WI Dems shouldn't get their hopes up. Feingold will be 63 in 2016, recently got remarried, and has other political and teaching duties to attend to nowadays. Kind is not as strong of a candidate as Feingold, but at this point, he's more likely to run.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2014, 01:50:09 PM »

Johnson's approvals aren't great, but for his name recognition, it's not terrible.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2014, 02:00:53 PM »

Tbh I think Feingold would be more appealling to rurals/moderates than somebody who proudly was part of that organisation.

True, on paper your reasoning makes sense. Kind is more moderate, therefore moderates should prefer him to Feingold. However, in my experience moderates and swingers - especially those who are disenfranchised from politics - are less concerned with ideology and more with personality. People who seem to be part of the establishment (and being head of the NDC = the establishment), are less trustworthy than friendly Feingold. (For my part, I'd agree with them as well).

I think Johnson will sink or swim with the GOP ticket. He has it slightly easier than Kirk, who will have to completely disentangle himself from the national ticket if he stands a ghost of a chance. However, Johnson has made no attempt to moderate his positions. He is unlikely to get many crossover voters, so he will only be saved if WI goes Atlas blue. If I was him I'd be begging Walker to run on my hands and knees.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2014, 02:47:17 PM »

What is up with Baldwin's unfavorables? Straight up partisanship?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2014, 02:53:48 PM »

What is up with Baldwin's unfavorables? Straight up partisanship?

Probably the same as Johnson's.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2014, 02:58:55 PM »

Don't be disrespectful. Russ Feingold is the best Senator of the 21st century.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2014, 03:00:38 PM »

Time to have new blood.
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2014, 03:01:27 PM »

Time to have new blood.
Okay, why? Just because someone is younger doesn't automatically equal that they are better.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2014, 03:04:10 PM »

Kind is the mostly likely nominee and could defeat Johnson. I doubt Feingold will run and I don't think he should, he ran a poor, lazy campaign last time around.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2014, 03:09:36 PM »

Kind is the mostly likely nominee and could defeat Johnson. I doubt Feingold will run and I don't think he should, he ran a poor, lazy campaign last time around.
You're posting this in a thread for a poll that shows Feingold would beat Johnson but Kind wouldn't
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2014, 03:14:28 PM »

You're posting this in a thread for a poll that shows Feingold would beat Johnson but Kind wouldn't

My point is, Feingold is screwed up and lost once by running a poor campaign. Just because he's leading doesn't mean he's the better candidate, he could drop the ball again. I would be surprised if Feingold even runs.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2014, 03:23:12 PM »

Time to have new blood.
Okay, why? Just because someone is younger doesn't automatically equal that they are better.
For the future party's chances, yes.
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2014, 03:25:40 PM »

Time to have new blood.
For the future party's chances, yes.
The party isn't bloody dieing off.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2014, 04:04:07 PM »

Translation: Feingold wants to legalize pot, Kind doesn't.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2014, 04:18:20 PM »

Time to have new blood.

Senators like Feingold only come around once in a blue moon. I would welcome him back into any office with open arms.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2014, 04:20:23 PM »

Its much more likely right now that Kind would run instead of Feingold. So this is a toss-up until we get any new runners or something scandalous happens/environment changes.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies