Balance of Power - The Great Russian War (1903-1904) (The End)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:34:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Balance of Power - The Great Russian War (1903-1904) (The End)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14]
Author Topic: Balance of Power - The Great Russian War (1903-1904) (The End)  (Read 14595 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: June 05, 2014, 12:01:18 PM »

I know war is considered to be over, but Oldiesfreak taking five seconds to sign is not too much to ask, is it? Tongue
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #326 on: June 05, 2014, 02:51:01 PM »

OOC: I don't think Kaiser's signature was needed when Windjammer and me signed the Ottoman-Austrian alliance, so, given his waritime resposibilities and the fact he was already pretty much an Austrian player, can von Bulow's signature just suffice?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #327 on: June 05, 2014, 08:21:20 PM »

OOC: I don't think Kaiser's signature was needed when Windjammer and me signed the Ottoman-Austrian alliance, so, given his waritime resposibilities and the fact he was already pretty much an Austrian player, can von Bulow's signature just suffice?

It will suffice, but Oldiesfreak may sign the treaty anyway if he chooses to do so. This war is over, gentlemen, this war is truly over, xD
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #328 on: June 05, 2014, 08:51:28 PM »

The War is Over:

It was a war that was probably inevitable in regards to its start, but the developments of this war were certainly not predictable in 1901. That Russia and Japan were bound to enter a collision course was evident, even if the Russian devolution of Manchuria to China managed to slow down the conflict. By the time the Russian Fleet attacked the IJN in the Sea of Japan Incident, only one power was set to survive, and it seemed like Russia would crush Japan. Alas, Japan had faithful allies and the Russians had made dangerous moves to woo China, which would end with Germany, the British Empire, Austria-Hungary, the Ottoman Empire, the United States and Japan fighting the Russia Bear, who was left alone and with no allies beyond the rebels in Afghanistan, the Orthodox League and Bulgaria.

Japan was the first to abandon after destroying the Russian assets in the East, shocking many in the world. Truth be told, Japan left the war at the best point, winning pretty much everything they wanted and preventing damage to their economy. After a lengthy war and massive naval battles in the Baltic and the Black Sea Russia managed to sign a separate peace with the US, the UK and the Ottomans, allowing them to focus on Germany and Austria-Hungary at the cost of losing territory. With massive levels of internal unrest Nicholas II used the Black Hundreds to crack down on dissent and fought as hard as he could. German and Austrian losses were high, and a lack of initiative on behalf of the Dual Monarchy costed them Transylvania and the danger of an ethnic revolt. Chancellor Von Bulow, the Polish Legions and the efficient German Army saved the day and defeated the Russians in most battles, freeing the Baltic and Poland and forcing the Orthodox League to leave the war one by one.

At this point, Nicholas II could fight and hope for a miracle to defeat both Empires while facing internal dissent or focus on his country, and he took the last choice. While Russia looked without believing what just had happened, the Tsar signed peace and lost even more territories, like the Ukraine. What's left of Russia hadn't been occupied, so there's not much to repair, but with hordes of refugees, ethnic conflict, the dissap-ointment of the Black Hundreds and the threat of Labor, Nicholas II will have to fight to save Mother Russia and someday get his revenge against the nations that humiliated the Russian Bear. On the other hand, Austria is exhausted and Franz Ferdinand is even more unpopular than the previous Emperor, which means that urgent reform is needed (and it's rumored that Chancellor Von Bulow will try to save the Empire with a plan he has devised). Germany stands strong a victorious, but half the fleet is destroyed and it won't be easy to handle the new nations like Poland, Lithuania and the United Baltic Duchy.   

With a duration of two wars and as the longest and most decisive European war since the Franco-Prussian War, the Great Russian War has significantly shifted the balance of power to weaken Russia and Austria and help the Ottoman Empire, Germany and Japan, the biggest winners. It's seems the British Empire's role as the most important nation might not last long... 
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #329 on: June 05, 2014, 09:39:45 PM »

It's seems the British Empire's role as the most important nation might not last long... 

Sad
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #330 on: June 05, 2014, 09:47:15 PM »

It's seems the British Empire's role as the most important nation might not last long... 

Sad

It's just for dramatic effect, but I think I might as well implement a system to measure the economy and foreign influence someday, xD
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #331 on: June 06, 2014, 03:21:17 AM »

Lumine,
I wouldn't say AH is one of the biggest losers when they basically get Ukraine Tongue
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #332 on: June 06, 2014, 04:47:09 AM »

I believe he meant that AH is weakened. Your actions had saved the country, but due to the Kaiser's imcompetence, there's still a lot to do.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #333 on: June 06, 2014, 05:29:16 AM »

Oh, before I forget...

I order a demobilization, returning the army to it's pre-war status.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #334 on: June 06, 2014, 07:56:52 AM »

I think I'll do that as well.

Germany will however help fortify the new Polish, Lithuanian and Baltic borders to the east, in the same manner the Alsatian border is fortified.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #335 on: June 06, 2014, 08:22:00 AM »

Indeed. The Ottoman Empire has learned on quite a few occasions that caution is required regarding Russia. We are not intending to take any advantage of the situation, as we wish to fully honor our peace treaty, so Russia doesn't have to fear anything from the south.

Russia's nice, we'll be nice Wink
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #336 on: June 06, 2014, 08:23:41 AM »

Sad

It's just for dramatic effect, but I think I might as well implement a system to measure the economy and foreign influence someday, xD

Well, the whole beauty of this game is its unpredictability. I mean, few turns ago the Ottoman Empire was almost finished, and now xD
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #337 on: June 06, 2014, 08:38:34 AM »

Indeed. The Ottoman Empire has learned on quite a few occasions that caution is required regarding Russia. We are not intending to take any advantage of the situation, as we wish to fully honor our peace treaty, so Russia doesn't have to fear anything from the south.

Russia's nice, we'll be nice Wink

Exactly, my friend and ally. Russia does also not have to fear anything from the west, yet safety when handling the Tsar is required.

You have also framed Germany's Russian policy.

OOC: The train has arrived in the Ottoman Empire. Soon, we can finaly meet in Constantinople Wink
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #338 on: June 06, 2014, 09:22:50 AM »

I look forward to having the Sultan and Kaiser and their delegations in Milwaukee....
I request they bring along some of their flag officers to engage in strategic planning with mine...
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #339 on: June 06, 2014, 11:36:55 AM »

I look forward to finally meeting you, Mr President, and to finally get to know your country, of which I am a great admirer.
I shall immediately send an order to Berlin, that they take next ship to New York! 
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #340 on: June 06, 2014, 01:35:00 PM »

I look forward to having the Sultan and Kaiser and their delegations in Milwaukee....
I request they bring along some of their flag officers to engage in strategic planning with mine...

Of course.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies