Is the update's existance a good thing for BushOklahoma?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:08:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Is the update's existance a good thing for BushOklahoma?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Specifically, is it a positive force in his life?
Yes
No
No, but I enjoy it anyway
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Is the update's existance a good thing for BushOklahoma?  (Read 5271 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2014, 11:29:46 PM »

Does anybody, other than Torie, believe that if not for the Update that Bushie would be a productive member of society?  It's crystal clear to anybody who has been paying attention that's just not his bag and most likely never will be. At least with the Update, he has a hobby he enjoys.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2014, 11:32:04 PM »

It's as clear as CHRIST rose from the DEAD that this thread was good for Bushie. It's just a matter of time before his life is in tatters once again and he comes running back to us for support.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2014, 11:36:28 PM »

Yes (normal)

Remember last time he went on hiatus? He gained like 20 pounds. The poor man is lost without us.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2014, 11:42:29 PM »

From what I remember, he just would've been scammed out of money in that one.  What did they want him to do that was fraudulent?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2014, 11:56:30 PM »
« Edited: April 25, 2014, 12:00:27 AM by Mr. Morden »

From what I remember, he just would've been scammed out of money in that one.  What did they want him to do that was fraudulent?

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=120859.msg2588091#msg2588091

You must be logged in to read this quote.

EDIT: Also:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=120859.msg2588870#msg2588870

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2014, 12:14:19 AM »

He's a mess as we speak.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2014, 02:40:52 AM »

Yep. Open and shut case. Bushie needs us.
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2014, 06:24:27 AM »

No. Bushie needs to get actual help from a Therapist who will help him, not spew memes about his instructor or make fifty statements about one thing that happened months ago.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2014, 07:12:51 AM »

Obviously there are better ways for Bushie to manage his life, but he rarely takes anyone's advice, so it's better to have an update and take some of our advice than him do nothing at all. Because we all know he's not going to seek professional help. Especially without us encouraging him to do so.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2014, 07:59:28 AM »

No. Bushie needs to get actual help from a Therapist who will help him, not spew memes about his instructor or make fifty statements about one thing that happened months ago.

Well, I think everyone would agree that he needs to seek some kind of professional help. I've spent a lot of my time in the Update arguing that he do just that.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2014, 08:25:51 AM »

I don't know. The Atlas is both the devil and angel on his shoulders. The attention itself probably feeds some sort of egotistical pleasure center in his brain while the actual contents of it are mostly negative. One important takeaway is a lesson of personal autonomy - Bushie will always simply do whatever he wants or thinks is best even if people unanimously disagree. It's taught him how to lie to and manipulate an entire group of people which is probably a useful skill in the real world.

Where would he be without the Update? Probably the same place. The real takeaway for me is how "update" is a strange word. Up and date. Doesn't really say anything besides how the story unfolds regularly throughout the passage of time like everything else. Why the story is unique or worth paying attention to or caring about is not important to the title. The important fact is that it's changed slightly moment to moment and so we can check on it regularly to get a fix of information. Thanks for the update - few genuinely care about your well-being but we appreciate the new information that makes us feel happy for a moment and smug in how we decimate its content (your entire being).
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2014, 08:42:22 AM »

The real takeaway for me is how "update" is a strange word. Up and date. Doesn't really say anything besides how the story unfolds regularly throughout the passage of time like everything else.

Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2014, 08:54:01 AM »

Cheesy Clearly I need to put down the beer and go to bed! Thankfully I got that advice in a roundabout way from the Atlas.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2014, 09:19:08 AM »

it's not a good thing for anyone.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2014, 10:54:07 AM »

It's as necessary now as ever.  Ugh.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2014, 12:55:01 PM »

Folks seriously believe that the Update is benefitting Jeff, eh?  Really?  Just how did so many of you end up on the other side of the looking glass?
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2014, 02:17:32 PM »

I think we can all agree Bushie needs professional help.  However, we all know he won't do it.  None of us are Professionals or can provide him with the help he really needs, however its still better than the alternative of absolutely nothing.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2014, 02:20:22 PM »

Folks seriously believe that the Update is benefitting Jeff, eh?  Really?  Just how did so many of you end up on the other side of the looking glass?

The fact Bushie rarely listens doesn't help matters much, however every now and then he at least attempts to listen.  If update didn't exist, his life would be an even bigger clusterf*** than it already is.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2014, 10:13:33 AM »

Despite our teasing, we only wish the best for Jeffrey.  Jusy last week I reminded him that the USPS takes multiple applications as well as congratulated him on his interview. 
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies