Is the update's existance a good thing for BushOklahoma? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:00:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Is the update's existance a good thing for BushOklahoma? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Specifically, is it a positive force in his life?
Yes
No
No, but I enjoy it anyway
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Is the update's existance a good thing for BushOklahoma?  (Read 5320 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« on: April 23, 2014, 05:54:35 PM »

Reminder that Bushie would literally be in jail right now if not for Update.

How so?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 06:51:58 PM »

And of course, the answer is no.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 07:20:02 PM »

Reminder that Bushie would literally be in jail right now if not for Update.

Would that be such a bad thing, really?

...and with this we have proof that even if the die hard Update don't personally care about Bushie, the anti-Updaters obviously don't either.

Sometimes hitting rock bottom is good for those with severe problems.

Don't take this the wrong way Inks, but you have the power to stop this. I hope you remember that.

(You won't though).

Sure, I have the tools to do so, but I see no rule that's been broken or reason that I should step in.  If Bushie wants to pour his life out onto the Internet, I don't see any reason that moderators should say, "No, you can't do this."

Here's how I see it. I also welcome attempts to debunk this.

Update consists of Bushie providing updates on his life. This includes many foolish and just plain bad decisions and ways to go about things. The forum provides better advice. Bushie ignores most of it.

However even the few times Bushie does listen to us is a positive. Duke provided a few examples. It's also possible Bushie might subconsciously make a few better decisions on the basis of Update feedback or can bad ideas before he even posts about them.

Even where Bushie ignores the good advice, there is no negative. He makes the bad choice he would've made anyway and is no worse off for it than he would've been without Update.

So on balance it's a net positive even if a small one, and can not possibly be a net negative. To be a net negative would require people intentionally giving bad advice, and Bushie following it. That has never happened.

Update harms no one, and does provide a small benefit to someone, even if that benefit could be bigger.

He's also listened to bad forum advice (e.g., getting a girlfriend when he cannot financially support one), and your hypothesis also ignores the mondale84-Facebook debacle.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 11:42:29 PM »

From what I remember, he just would've been scammed out of money in that one.  What did they want him to do that was fraudulent?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies