The Most Notorious Posters in Atlas History - as voted by you.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:09:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Most Notorious Posters in Atlas History - as voted by you.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Most Notorious Posters in Atlas History - as voted by you.  (Read 1098 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 23, 2014, 09:49:26 PM »
« edited: June 09, 2014, 09:56:35 AM by Eraserhead »

This was a poll done over a 10 day period to see who the most notorious, scandalous, infamous and/or controversial posters in the history of the forum are (or were as the case may be). There are actually more than ten posters on the list because a few of the spots ended up being tied. So, without further ado, here are the results:

1. opebo – 27 votes
2. BushOklahoma – 25 votes
3. Alexander Hamilton/BRTD (tie) – 24 votes each
4. Reaganfan a.k.a Mike Naso – 23 votes
5. Inks.LWC/jmfcst (tie) - 20 votes each
6. Libertas – 19 votes
7. Keystone Phil – 16 votes
8. Einzige/Krazen/LouDobbs08 a.k.a Robert Stark (three-way tie) – 13 votes each
9. Dave Leip – 12 votes
10. Straha/Yates (tie) – 11 votes each

Honorable Mention:

11. JSojourner/kobidobidog (tie) – 10 votes each

Please feel free to discuss the list. Personally, I agree with the top two for sure. Things get a little more debatable after that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGDmBLAPikU

MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 12:41:43 PM »

I think that StatesRights should be considered one of the forums most controversial poster as well. Even though I did not join the forum until a year and a half after he left, I discovered him and some of his "out there" views on many political and social issues while reading through ancient posts.

Here is a small sample of some of the more controversial things he posted:
A family making 260k isn't close to rich.

Like reconstruction actually did? I disagree with you assertion, if slavery had slowly been eliminated I highly doubt racial tensions would have run as high as the did with a mass, forced emancipation.

Like I said before, the only workable way would be to take everything over, de-islam the region, and train the children in the ways of the west. Horrible I know but probably the only valid option.

Yes their definately were good aspects to slavery. The main one being free labor. I don't advocate re-institution of slavery or anything but their are good aspects to it.

If I were on the forum when StatesRights was active, I would probably put many of his posts in the bad post gallery.
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 12:48:37 PM »

For some reason I keep on expecting this to read "The top ten most not hot Posters in Atlas History", I have no idea why I keep on seeing this like that.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 01:58:58 PM »

Yeah, StatesRights was a massive douche.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 02:09:16 PM »

I think that StatesRights should be considered one of the forums most controversial poster as well. Even though I did not join the forum until a year and a half after he left, I discovered him and some of his "out there" views on many political and social issues while reading through ancient posts.

Like reconstruction actually did? I disagree with you assertion, if slavery had slowly been eliminated I highly doubt racial tensions would have run as high as the did with a mass, forced emancipation.

Like I said before, the only workable way would be to take everything over, de-islam the region, and train the children in the ways of the west. Horrible I know but probably the only valid option.

Yes their definately were good aspects to slavery. The main one being free labor. I don't advocate re-institution of slavery or anything but their are good aspects to it.

If I were on the forum when StatesRights was active, I would probably put many of his posts in the bad post gallery.

His Facebook is a trip.  Every once and a while he posts something sane and I wonder if he's for realz or if he's trolling.  He's sweet with his kids, though.

His wife used to post intermittently and had quite a bit more sensible political views, IIRC.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 02:59:06 PM »

His Facebook is a trip.  Every once and a while he posts something sane and I wonder if he's for realz or if he's trolling.  He's sweet with his kids, though.

His wife used to post intermittently and had quite a bit more sensible political views, IIRC.
What poster today would be the equivalent to StatesRights regarding political and social views? Also is it possible for me to see his Facebook page?
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2014, 03:03:33 PM »

Math fail. There are 15 people on that list, not 10.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2014, 03:04:26 PM »

Yeah, StatesRights's Facebook is really something.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2014, 03:10:57 PM »

Yeah, StatesRights's Facebook is really something.

Ha ha, he blocked me a couple of years back, but it always was "something" else for sure.  Mrs. States was a nice lady though.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2014, 04:25:54 PM »

Thanks, guys!
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2014, 06:07:20 PM »

I'm honored.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2014, 06:34:01 PM »

I'm shocked that DWDL wasn't on it
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2014, 02:16:32 AM »
« Edited: April 25, 2014, 02:18:22 AM by Eraserhead »

Did you actually read my post before posting?

I think if the poll had been taken several years ago, both DWDL and StatesRights would have made the list but I guess they've been overshadowed by people like Hamilton and Libertas in recent years.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2014, 05:27:31 AM »

Ties should still "occupy" a spot, for the record, but, in the spirit of inclusiveness, it doesn't really matter.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2014, 05:44:11 AM »

Ties should still "occupy" a spot, for the record, but, in the spirit of inclusiveness, it doesn't really matter.

Yeah, that'd be no fun.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2014, 05:48:16 AM »

Dave Leip should probably should have come in a bit higher on the list IMO. I also think Robert Stark and Straha would have come in way higher if this poll had been done a few years ago.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2014, 07:14:18 AM »

When there is a tie, you're supposed to skip the next spot. You do not finish 5th if there are 7 people ahead of you!
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2014, 07:47:03 AM »

When there is a tie, you're supposed to skip the next spot. You do not finish 5th if there are 7 people ahead of you!

I chose not to do it that way because it's boring (and I clearly mentioned I wasn't doing it that way right off the bat). If you want to know what the list would be like with just ten people, it's not hard to figure out.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2014, 02:53:39 AM »

It's not a very good list of our worst posters ever, but it's probably the best we could hope for.  At least the right thing "won".
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2014, 03:07:13 AM »

It's not a very good list of our worst posters ever, but it's probably the best we could hope for.  At least the right thing "won".

"Worst" and "Most Notorious" aren't quite the same thing.  As I said in the precursor thread, nearly everyone hated poundingtherock, and he got over 90% HP in his "opinion of" thread ( https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=129854.0 ) which is worse than nearly everyone on this list.  So he could reasonably be included in the discussion of a "worst" list.  But he isn't one of the top 10 "most notorious", because he didn't make as much of an impact as the people on this list.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies