Three Biggest Issues Why You Don't Vote For the Other Party
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:57:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Three Biggest Issues Why You Don't Vote For the Other Party
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Three Biggest Issues Why You Don't Vote For the Other Party  (Read 2983 times)
RTX
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 23, 2014, 11:32:08 PM »

What are the three main issues that cause the Atlas Democrats to not vote Republican, Republicans to not vote for Democrats, Greens/Libertarians/Others to not vote for...pick your opposing party. "I will never vote for a ____" doesn't count. The occasional vote for someone of the different party doesn't disqualify or negate any response (ex. Republicans voting for a Blue Dog Democrat)

I don't vote for Democrats because:
1. Support for public funding for Planned Parenthood, which I think is worse than the KKK. Who said, "We don't want the word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population"? It's their founder, Margaret Sanger. Nancy Pelosi just received the Margaret Sanger Award; Hillary Clinton accepted this award in 2009. Apparently the word hasn't really gotten out amongst liberals and progressives who cry "that's racist" at everything.
2. The "You Didn't Build That!" mentality.   
3. The idea that breathing and cow farts will in some way end up leading to the destruction of the planet. Plants and trees thrive off of CO2.

The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 11:39:28 PM »

What are the three main issues that cause the Atlas Democrats to not vote Republican, Republicans to not vote for Democrats, Greens/Libertarians/Others to not vote for...pick your opposing party. "I will never vote for a ____" doesn't count. The occasional vote for someone of the different party doesn't disqualify or negate any response (ex. Republicans voting for a Blue Dog Democrat)

I don't vote for Democrats because:
1. Support for public funding for Planned Parenthood, which I think is worse than the KKK. Who said, "We don't want the word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population"? It's their founder, Margaret Sanger. Nancy Pelosi just received the Margaret Sanger Award; Hillary Clinton accepted this award in 2009. Apparently the word hasn't really gotten out amongst liberals and progressives who cry "that's racist" at everything.
2. The "You Didn't Build That!" mentality.   
3. The idea that breathing and cow farts will in some way end up leading to the destruction of the planet. Plants and trees thrive off of CO2.

MurrayBannerman
murraybannerman

Political Matrix
E: 5.55, S: -2.09

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 11:39:45 PM »

1. I support a restructure of entitlements that could lead to some private investment packages.
2. I do not support Obamacare.
3. I would like to meaningfully cut spending.

I cross the aisle on some social issues, but I break from the Democrats on economic issues, which matter most to me.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 11:43:33 PM »
« Edited: April 23, 2014, 11:45:16 PM by IDS Legislator Maxwell »

1. I am deeply anti-union, a center base for the Democratic Party in most states are unions.
2. Obamacare moves healthcare in the wrong direction.
3. I'm not an internationalist on foreign policy, as the Democrats seem to be.

I'm sure have a lot of reasons not to vote Republican as well.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 11:44:06 PM »

I don't have the time to discuss three big reasons, and I certainly have other smaller ones, but my biggest issue with the Republican Party is the War on Voting. Before the mini-wave in my home state of New Hampshire, the Republican Party, with its supermajority in the House and Senate, had decided to pass a few laws restricting voting. Others, like eliminating election-day registration, did not pass. Why did Republicans want to restrict voting? Ask the former Speaker of the House. I'm sure he can explain his stances on voting better than I can.

So yeah. I will never cast a single vote for a Republican until this problem is fixed. Why? Because in this Republican's ideal world, I wouldn't have the right to vote.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 11:46:49 PM »

1. I dressage with them on most issues.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 11:48:56 PM »

There's really only one issue:

1. I don't think government should exist solely to serve the interests of rich white men.
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2014, 11:54:26 PM »

1. I like Women to have the right to choose.

2. I want funding for services like HUD, Education, and Health

3. I don't like quasi libertarians/"Moderates"/Tea Partiers.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2014, 11:54:58 PM »
« Edited: April 23, 2014, 11:56:42 PM by Napoleon »

1. I don't like white nationalism
2. I don't like dirty air, water, etc
3. Abortion

(3 would have been "I don't want to blow up other nations" but...can't do it)
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2014, 12:00:11 AM »

Aren't you British?
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2014, 12:05:02 AM »

s
Aren't you British?
Yes, but this is about the American voting and Parties, I'll put up the Conservative reasons now:

1. I don't like cuts to the NHS
2. I like the EU and don't want any more loosened ties to it.
3. I like the Trade Unions and would not like them to be weakened any more than they were under Thatcher and Major.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2014, 12:11:05 AM »

Anyways, other big reasons:

2. Healthcare. I don't want to live in a country full of sick people. Healthcare is a human right, and while Obamacare is the only reason I am insured, I think of the 15 million other people who still don't have insurance. We must have a public option, and Harry Reid should have stripped any Democrat that filibustered the bill of all seniority and chairmanships.

3. Education. I don't want to live in a country full of stupid people, and Republicans seem to be cutting funding to our public and post-secondary education. Also, I don't see why we allow corporations and our own government to profiteer off of our college students, and how we can afford to loan .5% interest rates out to those who can afford it but not our young.

One day, I would love to add drug policy, but in my state's Democratic party, it doesn't look like that's happening any time soon.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2014, 12:12:51 AM »

I'm not white
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2014, 12:20:19 AM »

1.  Opposition to commonsense, comprehensive entitlement reform.
2.  Opposition to the War in Iraq and a non-committal attitude toward promoting American dominance and influence around the world.
3.  Promotion of a narrative that says that continued racism, class struggle and poverty are the fault of conservative policies and ideas while elitist liberals do absolutely nothing to promote an inclusive and tolerant society.  
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2014, 12:30:01 AM »

Why I generally don't support Republicans:

1) (At least in the south) Their cuts and voucherization of public education coupled with stagnant teacher pay really disturbs me.
2) I want a more progressive tax system, e.g. the recent NC plan shifts more of a burden onto the poor.
3) I'm right of center socially, but I don't like the obsession with social issues. There are more pressing things to deal with. When everyone has access to healthcare and we've curbed child hunger, then we'll talk about abortion.
MalaspinaGold

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2014, 12:31:37 AM »

1. Their deep and fundamental opposition to the new deal/unions
2. Their anti-environment stances
3. The pervasive control of what I would consider the "dumbs" in the party.
RedSLC
SLValleyMan
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2014, 12:38:23 AM »

1. The recent effort to roll back voting rights. Being able to have a say in what happens in this country should be a right, not a privilege. Period.

2. Attempts to further empower the rich and powerful at the expense of the middle class and the general population.

3. Attempting to legislate religious ideology. This is not a theocracy.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2014, 12:43:03 AM »
« Edited: April 24, 2014, 12:57:23 AM by traininthedistance »

1. That there are people who will, with a straight face, say s**t like this and act on it to the detriment of facts, logic, and basic humanity:
The idea that breathing and cow farts will in some way end up leading to the destruction of the planet. Plants and trees thrive off of CO2.

2. Or stuff like this:
Support for public funding for Planned Parenthood, which I think is worse than the KKK. Who said, "We don't want the word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population"? It's their founder, Margaret Sanger. Nancy Pelosi just received the Margaret Sanger Award; Hillary Clinton accepted this award in 2009. Apparently the word hasn't really gotten out amongst liberals and progressives who cry "that's racist" at everything.

3. Or how about this:
The "You Didn't Build That!" mentality.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2014, 12:56:48 AM »

D's

1. Forcing a one-size-fits-all policy by the federal government, this can apply to education, healthcare, and more.   
2. I think local and state government handles most issues the best for their people, and support shrinking or eliminating some/many areas of the federal government and translating those issues to the states or local counties/municipalities.
3. Promoting government dependency with no work or accomplishment ethic, and continuing a welfare system that doesn't get people out of poverty or "on their feet".

R's

1. I don't want to go to war with nations we deem as "dangerous" or spending ridiculous amounts of money on the military to "promote democracy" or to force our ideals on others.
2. I don't support putting people in jail for using substances that aren't much more dangerous than cigarettes, alcohol, etc.
3. I don't support forcing religious beliefs and morality on people. The government should not favor or promote religiosity of any kind, and realize that a separation of church and state exists.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2014, 01:05:25 AM »
« Edited: April 24, 2014, 01:06:59 AM by Emperor Scott »

1. As a minister-in-training, this definitely belongs at the top of my list: the way the modern Republican Party uses politics not only to force religion in public affairs, but to twist the Christian gospels so far beyond their context thereby decimating how Christianity is perceived as a whole, and fighting to base public policy not even on the egalitarian, righteous society envisioned by Jesus and the gospels, but on some human-fabricated vision of Christofascism.

2. Their displacement of policy for effective welfare with corporate interests. (Granted, this could easily be said for both parties, but most Republicans seem to have outright abandoned fixing present housing, employment, and health care policies for the better whereas Democrats don't know what they're doing or where they're going half the time.)

3. Tea Party.

I'd include other things like social policies and national security/foreign policy issues, but those are either not pressing issues right now or there is little difference, sad to say, on where the parties stand.
AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2014, 02:55:40 AM »
« Edited: April 24, 2014, 02:58:21 AM by AggregateDemand »

Democrats:

1. The US spends more money per program than almost any other nation, yet we get fewer services than almost any other nation. Democrats refuse reform, and push to raise taxes and expand budgets.

2. Democratic faith in the paternalistic welfare state, and denial of its shortcomings.

3. Democratic Party can't survive without manipulating and exploiting women/minorities.

Conservatives:

1. Conservatives refuse to reform government programs, and fail to return our money.

2. Conservative social platform is designed to attract the mentally-handicapped

3. Cons constantly sabotage libertarian and neoliberal policy, which helps the left-wing machine retain some bureaucratic power.
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2014, 03:36:00 AM »

Abortion
Not an isolationist hippie
Conservative on gun rights
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2014, 03:41:15 AM »

What? The Democrats haven't been isolationist for a long time.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2014, 04:30:45 AM »

What? The Democrats haven't been isolationist for a long time.

Lol, yet another person who can't tell the difference being isolationism and non-interventionism.  Sadly, neither have been embraced by Democrats for decades, as you said.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2014, 05:29:49 AM »

Pretty much this

http://www.gop.com/2012-republican-platform_home/
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to: