x (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:53:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  x (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: x  (Read 4213 times)
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« on: April 29, 2014, 11:56:09 AM »

Pence would have to resign like Christie and Walker if he wants to be able to raise the $$$ from Wall St. Remember the strict campaign finance rules against Governors.
It's more problematic for Christie as Wall Street has more dealings with New Jersey.

Rick Perry was able to run and raise a decent amount of money as a sitting Governor, although he had the advantage of decades of familiarity with Texas fundraisers.

I don't see what Pence brings to the table that Walker doesn't.
Not a fan of Pence, but he did have a respectable stint in the Congress, so he brings a combination of legislative and executive experience, as well as a knowledge of Washington most Governors lack.
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 03:06:54 PM »

I've mentioned this in another thread but Pence looks to me like one of the weakest Republican candidates.

He's too conservative for moderates, and he's too establishment for the base. There's nothing particularly inspiring about his story.

The Indiana gubernatorial election was supposed to be a cakewalk, but he won by three points against John Gregg, former Speaker of the Indiana House, a guy who hadn't held elected office in a decade.

Mitt Romney won the state by ten points in the same cycle.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies