The Armenian Genocide
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:19:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  The Armenian Genocide
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Should the US finally grow a pair and acknowledge that it happened?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 53

Author Topic: The Armenian Genocide  (Read 2251 times)
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2014, 09:46:26 PM »

Moral reasons aside for a moment, refusing to acknowledge an obvious historical fact is pretty stupid.

Does Congress have to issue an official statement addressing all historical facts? When can we expect a resolution acknowledging the Czarist ethnic cleansing of Circassians or the supression of the Indian rebellion?

Considering the U.S. government had been, for political reasons, pretending for years the slaughter of 1.5 million people because of their nationality was something else than "genocide", I'd say yes, that would be nice.

Could you provide a source for the U.S. government actively engaging in genocide denial, as opposed to merely not discouraging it by their ally?

I'm sure Andrew Jackson didn't consider himself genocidal.
What the Hell does that have to do with anything? Your post is a massive strawman.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2014, 09:52:39 PM »

Moral reasons aside for a moment, refusing to acknowledge an obvious historical fact is pretty stupid.

Does Congress have to issue an official statement addressing all historical facts? When can we expect a resolution acknowledging the Czarist ethnic cleansing of Circassians or the supression of the Indian rebellion?

Considering the U.S. government had been, for political reasons, pretending for years the slaughter of 1.5 million people because of their nationality was something else than "genocide", I'd say yes, that would be nice.

Could you provide a source for the U.S. government actively engaging in genocide denial, as opposed to merely not discouraging it by their ally?

What the Hell does that have to do with anything? Your post is a massive strawman.

Jackson committed a genocide, did he not? While the concept of genocide didn't exist at the time, I'm going to assume he didn't think what he did fit was some sort of hugely morally objectionable act, seeing as he did it.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2014, 09:55:55 PM »

Jackson committed a genocide, did he not? While the concept of genocide didn't exist at the time, I'm going to assume he didn't think what he did fit was some sort of hugely morally objectionable act, seeing as he did it.

Which is a complete red herring argument, given that anyone who could see the context of the post would understand that I was referring to the Armenian Genocide specifically, given that Kalwejt alleged that the US has actively denied the Armenian Genocide in the past.
Mordecai
Australia

« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2014, 05:11:32 AM »

Sure.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies